Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Savid Top Gear!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do Gooders as usual have jumped at the chance to turn tragedy to their advantage by petitioning the BBC to ban Top Gear and never make or show another episode of it again as well banning any shows similiar to top gear where stunts are carried out where a person has the possibility to be hurt.

I have even heard on the Radio that these Do Gooders are going to use this accident to make complaints about all motor racing and make a move to have it all stopped...not that it will happen, but they are actually using the tragic crash of Richard Hammond to say that all motor sports should be stopped, Formula1 all the way through to motor cycle racing.

What next...maybe all Equestrian activities should be banned, after all Christopher Reeves broke his neck falling off a horse!

I am sickened by these type of people! :mad:

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Sadly its the typical bunch of fucking morons who try to ruin anything remotely interesting.
  • Options
    It's not those damn feminists mouthing off again is it? :p
  • Options
    It's not those damn feminists mouthing off again is it? :p
    I believe they want a motoring programme which concentrates on how to reverse park without hitting anything
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    I believe they want a motoring programme which concentrates on how to reverse park without hitting anything
    Oh God, we're in trouble now.
  • Options
    One could question why the BBC was spending money on such a dangerous idea, but then I'd sound like Kermit.
  • Options
    budda wrote:
    One could question why the BBC was spending money on such a dangerous idea, but then I'd sound like Kermit.
    To be fair, it is pretty much one of the most popular programmes on TV, and they probably make way more money selling it abroad than it costs to make. There's far bigger wastes of money on TV at the moment.
  • Options
    It is a fundamental duty of the BBC to provide a range of programmes that will appeal to as many viewers as possible.

Top Gear has as much right to exist as soap operas or reality shows.

Top Gear is an immense award-winning success that is exported to 100 countries.

Whereas health and safety procedures might have not been followed as they should (that's pure speculation at the moment) there is absolutely no reason whatsoever for banning or stopping the show. Any more that would be banning Formula 1 broadcasts because from time to time there are accidents.

I suspect some of those campaigners are closet car haters who despise Clarkson & co and their antics, and juvenile humour and tongue in cheek approach of the programme. They should get a sense of humour transplant.
  • Options
    The BBC is meant to provide entertainment programmes, and this is one entertainment programme.

It should be shut down and sold off to the private sector as it shouldn't be using my money to make entertainment programmes, but as its current unethical remit is to do so, it should at least make good ones. And Top Gear is rather good.

Who wants to watch a programme about Daewoos doing 30mph and going to Tesco? It's boring. It's crap. And that's why Transport 2000 want Top Gear to be like that.

It's human nature to push the boundaries and do dangerous things. Hammond knew the risks, and still happily climbed in. I would do the same.
  • Options
    Much as I think Jeremy Clarkson is a cock, I actually quite like Top Gear. Banning it would be absurd.
  • Options
    It's ridiculous, yes. But "sickened by these people"?

Have a kit kat and chill the fuck out, nothing will come of it anyway :)
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    It's ridiculous, yes. But "sickened by these people"?

Have a kit kat and chill the fuck out, nothing will come of it anyway :)

You speak sense woman, are you sure that you weren't previosuly a man?
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    It is a fundamental duty of the BBC to provide a range of programmes that will appeal to as many viewers as possible.

Top Gear has as much right to exist as soap operas or reality shows.

Top Gear is an immense award-winning success that is exported to 100 countries.

Whereas health and safety procedures might have not been followed as they should (that's pure speculation at the moment) there is absolutely no reason whatsoever for banning or stopping the show. Any more that would be banning Formula 1 broadcasts because from time to time there are accidents.

I suspect some of those campaigners are closet car haters who despise Clarkson & co and their antics, and juvenile humour and tongue in cheek approach of the programme. They should get a sense of humour transplant.

Aladdin someone's got hold of your account....
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    Aladdin someone's got hold of your account....
    :D

I actually think Clarkson is a twat and disagree with much of what is said in the programme. But then I take it at face value and watch it for entertainment purposes rather than as reliable guide to buying car and being a good road user. I'm sure that's also the case with most other viewers. Otherwise nobody would ever buy diesels (or caravans :D ).

The missus cannot drive and doesn't give a toss (or understands) cars one bit, and TG is one of her favourite programmes.
  • Options
    Did anyone force Hammond to jump in? No, he took the risk and it went wrong. Top Gear is a very good show and is one of the few BBC shows that targets specifically the 18-25 male demographic as well as others.
  • Options
    NQA wrote:

So a show with just men in it then? :p
  • Options
    So a show with just men in it then? :p

I'm sure they can wrangle up a few women stunt drivers (and look, she's missed the spot completely and backed over that cliff.....):D
  • Options
    I'm actually the best reverse parker I know and last time I checked I was a woman! So quit it :impissed: