Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cocaine but not as we know it

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello - I wondered if any of you had heard of or had an thoughts about this drink

They claim to be promoting a safer - legal alternative to cocaine.

Comments

• Options
    Its just caffiene and suger, I doubt it will produce the dopamine high commonly associated with cocaine. But then it probably wont fund mass murder either.

Its just cheap marketing basically, produce a 'scandal' and people will talk about your product.
  • Options
    I imagine a fair few palpitations.
  • Options
    Thats what I was thinking - its clearly irresponsible to say its OK to drink that much caffine or sugar all in one go - let alone calling it cocaine.
  • Options
    350% greater than red bull and some poeple think red bull is dangerous! -its illegal in france.
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote:
    Thats what I was thinking - its clearly irresponsible to say its OK to drink that much caffine or sugar all in one go - let alone calling it cocaine.

If you compare it to a large sugery coffee from Starbucks I doubt its that bad, the largest latte from there has about 400mg of caffiene.
  • Options
    bag'o'shite
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Blagsta wrote:
    bag'o'shite

:yes:

Doesn't intrest me in the slightest. Call me old fashioned but I like my cocaine served in lines with a mirror, a blade and rolled up bluey.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    You'd be better of with an espresso than that shit.
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Now im not saying that it is going to be good or anything but i do know that it has been a big hit in the states, they are going to start selling it in clubs starting from next month in the U.K. I doubt its going to be anything like the real thing but its bound to have some sort of effect, they have even added an ingrediant to give the numbness.

Might be worth getting a pint and a can of cocaine when your out !!

well im guna try it anyway
  • Options
    same ere. theres an article in The Star newspaper about it
  • Options
    is this stuff gonna have an age restriction? i'm thinking it should be in same class as booze.

I reckon it'll be pretty unnoticable as a drug on its own, but the recipes on the site sound pretty good!
  • Options
    is this stuff gonna have an age restriction? i'm thinking it should be in same class as booze.

I reckon it'll be pretty unnoticable as a drug on its own, but the recipes on the site sound pretty good!

Do pep pills have an age restriction? if not then i guess this is going to be like the same kind of thing.

But i can see this being banned when it gets popular (if they can) just like the peps
  • Options
    smitherz wrote:
    Do pep pills have an age restriction?

Yes, over 18's
  • Options
    Ah yea sorry they say it on the instructions. How much do you rekon a can of this cocaine is going to be?

I would say about £5 a can
  • Options
    Na £3
  • Options
    "Can i have a can of cocaine please"

"Sorry, cola u mean?"

"Naaa, cocaine :)"
  • Options
  • Options
    Cocaine - Instant Rush. NO Crash!

Warning! You are about to experience the highest energy content of ANY energy drink on the market today! 350% greater than The Bull!

Cocaine is not just a re-hash of existing drinks: It is a completely unique new formula - it tastes like a fireball, a carbonated atomic fireball!

The question you have to ask yourself is: "Can I handle the rush?"
  • Options
  • Options
    I think its just going to be glorified redbull and probably wont have any more of an effect.
    It may sell well at the start, but I think that will be with younger people thinking its cool to drink "cocaine".

No Harm in trying it though I suppose. Well apart from the fact that its probably really bad for you! :lol:
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    I think its just going to be glorified redbull and probably wont have any more of an effect.
    It may sell well at the start, but I think that will be with younger people thinking its cool to drink "cocaine".

No Harm in trying it though I suppose. Well apart from the fact that its probably really bad for you! :lol:

AGREED:thumb:
  • Options
    I read about this somewhere. Apparently scientists think that there's a psychological effect on the drinker because they're thinking of cocaine at the time.. plus I also read thats they've added a slight numbing agent which affects the throat, probably an attempt to boost that psychological effect even further.

I'll give it a try though, I seem to be building a tolerance to red bull haha.
  • Options
    smitherz wrote:
    Do pep pills have an age restriction? if not then i guess this is going to be like the same kind of thing.

But i can see this being banned when it gets popular (if they can) just like the peps

Pep pills suck ass, they dont do anything!

It'll probably just be used to help drunken idiots get more drunk and idiotic.
    I'll definitely be drinkin it when it comes out though :razz:
  • Options
    Yeah, they were showing this on Fox & Friends, and they said the first week the tested it in a few major cities and the freaking celebs were already hooked on it (and apparently shamelessly promoting it). Even though it has yet to establish widespread recognition, it already has the attached social status assumption of real cocaine! I don't know if I'd drink it just to look cool (although I don't think it'd make you look uncool by any means), but it'd be nice to have a few around if I gotta pull an all-nighter and my speed dealer lets me down. Or whip one out after drinking [spare me the health lectures; I'm well aware of the strain] so I don't crash early and miss all the fun! :thumb: As long as it's not too expensive I'll probably at least try it. If it's good I'll keep a couple around for emergencies...