Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Make-up

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Foundation: - Rimmel Lasting Finish.

Powder: - Err, think it's 17 Oil Control.

Blush/Bronzer: - I don't really use either of them, I have rosy enough cheeks as it is!

Mascara: - Err, just some cheapo one. I've never really bothered with expensive because I wear contact lenses so I try not to wear mascara unless I'm partying.

Lip Gloss: - Either Vaseline or my ultimate favourite Juicy Tube... it's knackered so I can't remember which one it is!

Eye Shadow/Liner: - For eyeliner I usually use Rimmel Special Eyes... but I have some funky coloured ones which are only cheap ones from Avon for when I fancy a change. When I wear eyeshadow it's usually 17.

Fake tan: - Don't really use it... sometimes use Johnsons Holiday Skin or Dove Summer Glow.
  • Options
    Foundation: 17 advanced wear. I might splash out on the Clinique one I like though.

Powder: Loreal true match.

Blush/Bronzer: Currently neither, but I need to get some blush.

Mascara: No. 7 Ultimate Waterproof.

Lip Gloss: None usually, but I have a Rimmel Infinite Colour one which is ok for nights out.

Eyeshadow/Liner: I have Maybelline Expert Eyes and Rimmel Special Eyes liners, and a range of 17/rimmel/barry m dust/Mac eyeshadow.

Fake Tan: Don't use at all.
  • Options
    For an "other" I forgot the most important part of the make up process.

A magnifying mirror. My preference is 5x. Nothing has made make up application easier since that purchase.
  • Options
    Foundation: - I only use Tinted moisturiser, Either Boots No7 or W7 off bury market £1.99 Cheap as chips, Fab though both 9/10

Powder: -

Blush/Bronzer: - Bourjois lilas d'or Blusher 10/10

Mascara: - none

Lip Gloss: - New rimmel lippy (fresh) 8/10

Eye Shadow/Liner: - I use the Bourjois blush as eye shadow too, Looks great. Rimmel eye kohl 9/10

Fake tan: - none

Other: -
  • Options
    this thread is really interesting :) just wondering, are people influenced by advertising and 'new' products that come out, or do you tend to stick to brands and products you know? i do a bit of both, i stick to certain things but will also try something if it looks good. and I noticed quite a few people use more expensive brands like YSL, Chanel etc - do you think they are worth the extra money?

Foundation: - I hardly wear it but i have revlon skinlights - its good because its not too obvious.

Powder: dont wear it

Blush/Bronzer: I am useless at applying blush and get rosy cheeks when i'm out anyway so i dont bother with blush. I have body shop bronze brilliance powder which i've been using in summer time for a glow & i really like that, although the glittery stuff does tend to end up everywhere.

Mascara: - loreal - try different products but always loreal. currently i have black curling one for going out and the new brown telescopic one for daytime - it really coats the lashes but smudges easily

Lip Gloss: - body shop high shine lip treatment or POP lip jam (great scent and colour )

Eye Shadow/Liner: - POP eye cake in blue eyes (colours go well together and last a really long time), Barry M (lots of cool colours)

Fake tan: the Dove moisturiser one

Other: POP glam jam under eye shadow to make it stay on longer.
    body shop luminating concealer - dont leave the house without it on.
    nail polish - all different brands but dont go without nail polish hardly ever.
  • Options
    Foundation: - Max Factor Flawless Perfection (the two-step one). 8/10, cause it takes me ages to put it on, but it's good (when I buy the right colour :o)

Powder: n/a

Blush/Bronzer: n/a

Mascara: - Max Factor Masterpiece (which I :heart:, 10/10), or the new L'Oreal Telescopic with the uber-flexi wand. I give that one 7/10 cause it's a bit TOO flexible imo.

Lip Gloss: - Vaseline. I have the blue one, the green one, and the yellow one. I also have the Nivea Pearl & Shine.

Eye Shadow/Liner: - I have stuff by Collection 2000, 17, GOSH, beautyuk (yay for cheap Superdrug shit) cream eyeshadow, bellapierre, and Natural Collection. My 17 stuff is my favourite, followed closely by bellapierre. Eyeliner-wise I have Miss Sporty pencil, and a Max Factor High Definition liquid pen thing, I also have Collection 2000 liquid eyeliner, but I think it's been stolen by my sister.

Fake tan: Johnsons Holiday Skin, if I can be arsed.

Other: ACT Concealer...it's meant to be good for spots. I never use it anymore though. I also have Clinique Moisture Surge moisturiser, and Pond's Moisturiser (it's pink, but I don't know the specifics of it because it's all in Spanish) both of which are very very good.
  • Options
    intrepide wrote:
    this thread is really interesting :) just wondering, are people influenced by advertising and 'new' products that come out, or do you tend to stick to brands and products you know? i do a bit of both, i stick to certain things but will also try something if it looks good. and I noticed quite a few people use more expensive brands like YSL, Chanel etc - do you think they are worth the extra money?

All my purchases start out with, oh, thats on sale and I think I remember seeing a cupon for it in the paper so I can get that $12 blush for 4 and a quarter. I'll take it! Some fail, some stand the test. Other times I hear about good products (from here or my mom) and decide to try it for shits and giggles (when its on sale too ;)) I'm a creature of habbit though, when it comes to blush and foundation I stick to what I know I like. Its hard to find colors for the ghostly pastey skin so sometimes, imo, its just better to stick with what you know.
  • Options
    Foundation: - Benefit YOU REBEL tinted moisturiser.

Powder: - None.

Blush/Bronzer: - Natural Collection (summertime), it's not that good though. Benefit 'Dandilion' I think it's called (wintertime).

Mascara: - Benefit BAD GIRL LASH. Although it ran out the other day so I bought one from M&S (had vouchers)..It's shit.

Lip Gloss: - Vaseline.

Eye Shadow/Liner: - Lancome khol pencil. Got it Feb 05 and still have half left..Great buy considering I use it near on every day.

Fake tan: - No thanks. Oh, maybe that Johnsons stuff occasionally.
  • Options
    Foundation: - Maybelline Everfresh.. I never wear it though, not even when going out. Just felt like I needed to have one. I can't DO foundation.. I always think it looks fake and I can never get it to blend in properly. I've tried others though and this one works the best.

Powder: - I use Max Factor creme puff. I used to have typical oily teenage skin and it worked really well and had good coverage hence not needing to wear foundation! I don't really wear it now though as my skin's pretty dry and it makes it look worse.

Blush/Bronzer: - I really like bourgois (sp?) little round pots of blush, get them off the makeup man on the market at home for £3.50 and they last forever and look really natural. I also have a £7.50 No. 7 blusher because i had one of the £5 vouchers, it's ok but not as good as the bourgois one. At the moment though I'm using a lip and cheek stain .. MEMEME Pussy Cat.. I love it though you can't use too much or you look like a clown.

Mascara: - I have quite a few.. Maybelline GreatLash I like because it's so black but I have another random Maybelline one that I got in a sale and it has a really thin little brush which works better because I get to all the little lashes in the corners with it. It's running out though and I can't find it any where :(

Lip Gloss: - Never use it. I like wearing red lipstick though :P And the lip tint!

Eye Shadow/Liner: - ATM Bourgois kohl and contour, but i only wear it for going out.

Fake tan: - In the summer I used nivea summer skin moisturiser for face.

Other: - I have invisible eyebrows so I use an eyebrow pencil.. it's just a constance carroll one though off the market in blonde. :P

Maybelline everfresh concealer - don't wear foundation so use this instead. I also love the rimmel hide the blemish one. :)
  • Options
    Foundation: - Dream Matte Mousse by Maybelline

Powder: - 17 oil free

Blush/Bronzer: - Natural Collection

Mascara: - Maybelline Lash Stylist with the plastic comb, very good.

Lip Gloss: - Carmex

Eye Shadow/Liner: - I have eyeshadows of all brands, bourjois ones are probably the best.

Fake tan: 99p one from bodycare for body

Natural Collection make up is good, and cheap. And body shop (but not cheap).
  • Options
    On the subject of make-up, as i don't wear it. How does this mascara thing work, you know where you put a white coat on first, then a black coat ? Is it some kinda optical illusion of the contrast of white/black that gives you bigger lashes or what ?
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    On the subject of make-up, as i don't wear it. How does this mascara thing work, you know where you put a white coat on first, then a black coat ? Is it some kinda optical illusion of the contrast of white/black that gives you bigger lashes or what ?

Hmmm..I think the white coat just coats the lashes and makes them fatter, while the black coat is to colour. I did have a tube of it but it made my eyelashes look too long so they looked fake.
  • Options
    just wondering if anyone has any new answers or discovered new products since they posted here!?
  • Options
    Dianne1985 wrote: »
    just wondering if anyone has any new answers or discovered new products since they posted here!?
    Would've made more sense to post this as a new thread.
  • Options
    Maybelline Pure Foundation Mineral Powder. Especially for the summer. It feels so much lighter than usual foundation...also Urban Decay Primer Potion. Really keeps your eyeshadow on all day/night.
  • Options
    Would've made more sense to post this as a new thread.

Would it? I don't see any problem? Always a friendly response hey!
  • Options
    Dianne1985 wrote: »
    Would it? I don't see any problem? Always a friendly response hey!

Of course it would.

This thread's nearly a year old for fucks sake.
  • Options
    Foundation: - Chanel Pro Lumiere - really like it. Although somtimes I use a lighter coverage one in summer - usually Max Factor Flawless Perfection (the one with 2 halves) or Rimmerl 10hr sleep for a really light coverage.

Powder: - No 7 pressed powder but only use it if my skins a bit oily

Blush/Bronzer: - Never use it.

Mascara: - That pink maybelline one with the green lid - have used it for years. Have tried Mac mascaras but they seem a bit useless - in fact I don't really notice too much difference between mascaras so I don't think they're worth shelling out on. For the evening, I sometimes use that Bourjois one with the black and white ends.

Lip Gloss: - Don't tend to wear it much but I use Lip Glass by Mac in Underage - a pale pinky colour

Eye Shadow/Liner: - I have tried almost every eyeliner under the sun. My favourite is Mac Technakohl liner (not as smudgey as a kohl so doesn't run and has staying power), also a waterproof one by Lancome with a smudger on the end. Benefit Bad Gal is also a good one if you tend to wear quite thick eyeliner. I use pencil on the bottom lashes and liquid eyeliner pen (Rimmel) on the top.

Fake tan: Nivea spray ones are good for me as I'm fairly pale. I also highly recommend Nivea face fake tan. Piz Buin mousse is good for legs.
  • Options
    Foundation: - Lancome

Powder: - Don't wear any

Blush/Bronzer: - Blush - Benefit Throbb, Bronzer - Benefit Dalas

Mascara: - Lancome Hypnose, Benefit Bad Gal, Diorshow Waterproof

Lip Gloss: - Don't wear any usually, but lancome juicy tubes

Eye Shadow/Liner: - Virgin Vie

Fake tan: - Don't wear any

Other: - Concealers - Benefit Boing, YSL Touche D'eclat
  • Options