Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What's likely to happen?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
In June 2005, I took my GCSEs and came out with mainly Ds. Now, two of those Ds were in Science (Double Award) and I was predicted a B. For a few reasons I plan on taking GCSE Science resit this year. So, I went down to the 6th form office a few weeks ago and asked who was doing the resit. I got told then decided to talk to this teacher (incidently, he taught for most of year 10 & 11) and he asked me what I got and was rather shocked about the grade I got. He then told me to go back and see him on Thursday. He told me then that he wasn't doing the resit and had no idea who was doing it.

I found out just after who was doing it and went to see this teacher on Friday. He asked me what I got and explained that he wasn't too sure whether there'd be a chance to resit Science this year.

He then said something like 'we're investigating your grade, because we know (from the grade I got in Year 10) that you're capable of getting something higher than a D.'

So, my question is, what's likely to happen in this inestgation?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well at my school, they're only making people resit maths or english if they got a D or below. I'm not sure how resits work. It's only worth doing if you need a better grade in it for uni or something.
  • Options
    I do need a better grade to study what I want at uni (Child Health Nursing) but apparantely they're not doing it this year...
  • Options
    I guess they'll check the papers, check your coursework etc with the exam board. It won't need you to do anything except possibly sign a couple of forms.

If you really need the higher grade you may want to look around for other places in case the investigation comes to nothing.
  • Options
    I guess they'll check the papers, check your coursework etc with the exam board. It won't need you to do anything except possibly sign a couple of forms.

That's what I thought, but I wasn't too sure.