Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sing Along Songs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
What do you girls and boys enjoy to sing to which gets you in a really good mood?

Any particular female artists or what not?

I want to make a decent CD to sing to in the car :razz:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Canned Heat - Going up Country

An awesome driving song.
  • Options
    Well, what kinda music are you into? There are loads of great driving/sing a long songs and also a shitload of female artists I could recommend but I could be totally off-base with what you like.

Every single driving music tape or CD I've ever made has had RHCP's version of Higher Ground on it, fact. Also, Lipps Inc's Funkytown, Get Off My Cloud by The Rolling Stones and that old chestnut Two Princes by the Spin Doctors.

The Eagles of Death Metal do a great version of Stuck in the Middle with You - great driving song. American Pie is an obvious driving classic, if you go on enough long car journeys you'll eventually be able to "boast" that you know all the words, as I do. Heh. Queen's Somebody to Love is good, too.

One not to listen to in the car is Suffer Little Children by The Smiths. I borrowed a mix CD from a uni friend, was driving home for the weekend in the pouring rain and despite having heard it five million times before I noticed for the first time at the very end there are little children giggling. Scared the shit out of me.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Any classic rock. Queen especially.
  • Options
    "There were 10 german bombers in the air ..." ... ok maybe not :p
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Any classic rock. Queen especially.

:yes:
  • Options
    TINY DANCER!

Oh and Layla, Sympathy for the Devil, Rock 'n' Roll Hoochie Koo, Born to Run......

ETA:.....Superstition, Behind the Wall of Sleep, Like a Rolling Stone, Spanish Castle Magic......
  • Options
    any diva type house jocelyn brown, FAME
  • Options
    Crass - Banned From the Roxy
  • Options
    A Thousand Miles - Vanessa Carlton

Just don't take your hands off the wheel to do the "Doo doo doo doo doo doo tee doo" bit :razz: ;)