Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mind getting mixed up on pills

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why, sometimes when taking pills, does the mind get confused?:chin:

For example, last weekend, I'd maybe 1 or 2 pills and I was sitting in a club, and for a few moments, I thought I was at work, and all these things associated with doing a particular task at work came into my head, like I really imagined I was doing the task there and then.
Then I suddenly realised and felt really silly!

It occasionally happens to my friend as well, sometimes he randomly starts talking about work mid-sentence because he actually thinks he's there, but to be honest this is only when he's pretty wasted.

I read alot about biology and psychology, so I feel I should know the answer, but I'm not sure. Sometimes it worries me how much these little pills can confuse the brain!

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    That always happens, thinking your at work is popular one aswell.
    I remember walking dow the road and askign my mate where somebody else had gone with the wheelbarrow - this was whilst I was a greenkeeper. :lol:
    I've thought I've seen people pass around a tray of cakes whilst at club once. :confused:
    And I've been led in bed thinking I'm still somewhere else only to find I'm opn my own when I open my eyes.

Good fun.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Yeah, totally. I used to get this all the time.

It's really freaky when you realise your mind has been playing tricks on you. When I was at school I'd go out at the weekend and sometimes be sitting in a club or in someone's house and be convinced I was at school - would be able to visualise the teacher at the front of the classroom, put my hand up, or lean forward on my "desk" etc. I got a lovely scar on my chin from that last spurt of imagination :p I've had the work thing, too, in more recent years and also imagined I was on the wards which was very bizarre... and other people have mentioned similar stuff so it seems to be common.
  • Options
    Used to happen to me after a good amount, I thought I was repairing cameras for work once, then snapped back into reality. You usually know you're fucked when things like this happen!
  • Options
    Yeah I have had that a few times before... well weird!

Another weird thing I have noticed recently as well is that after all is done and I go to sleep, I sometimes randomly wake up and lash out, or shout something random... its weird! Anyone else get that?
  • Options
    Haha have had this a fair few times. Usually find it kicks right in when you close your eyes.

Has anyone else ever had it where it looks like people are wearing glasses but they are actually not? A couple of times I've been wasted in a club everyone looked like they were wearing glasses, had to really focus to see that they werent there and by that time it must have looked like I was dogging them right up.
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    Yeah I have had that a few times before... well weird!

Another weird thing I have noticed recently as well is that after all is done and I go to sleep, I sometimes randomly wake up and lash out, or shout something random... its weird! Anyone else get that?

All. The. Time.

I used to wake myself up fairly often shouting out a random word or sentence as if I was responding to something someone had just said. The only recurrent phrase was "don't put it there Geoffrey" which I've never really gotten to the bottom of :lol: I've done the lashing out thing, too, and sometimes would literally "jump" in my sleep which woke me up with quite a start and anyone else who is unfortunate enough to be in the bed. I definitely noticed I did it more when I'd taken a fair few, though.

I also used to find I'd continue having that kind of weird sleep-talking/starting during the night a couple of nights after having taken anything, though. Bit weird.
  • Options
    With the pills I'm gobbling my mind is just a boggling, oh my god my legs are just a wobbling a wobbling
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Aspire wrote:
    Haha have had this a fair few times. Usually find it kicks right in when you close your eyes.

Has anyone else ever had it where it looks like people are wearing glasses but they are actually not? A couple of times I've been wasted in a club everyone looked like they were wearing glasses, had to really focus to see that they werent there and by that time it must have looked like I was dogging them right up.

Yeah, the glasses thing is funny as well... there must be a reason for it because everyone seems to see it at some point!
  • Options
    Yep, the glasses thing is a regualr ocurrance.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Never had the glasses people, had people dancing that weren't there but not the glasses, would be cool I guess.

When I'm in a right jam I just move my arms and hands about a lot.
  • Options
    i get really really shaky on pills and not in a good way.. i cant even hold a glass of water without it splashin in my face! is this normal and has it happened to anyone else? cos its ruining the whole experience a bit for me really..
  • Options
    lol I used to hate it in the end I used to trip out all the time.

I used to just day dream and come out with random shit. Once I started telling my sister to go down the road and don't go on the motorway etc.. she doesn't even drive though!

Also I remember when my sister turned round and said "whos puppy is that?" and we all looked and it was a handbag, hahahahah.

Edit: I have done the work thing as well, when I worked on the phones on the helpdesk, I quite often sat in a silent room with friends and went "companyname Helpdesk, Phil speaking, how can I help?" much to everyones amusement!
  • Options
    Yea, thats jusat te pills fo ya making you feel somrewhere else..likei do now.

yea iu know yourascrote moving ur hands around like a chimpanzeeee

mc cabe came in2 the offy 2nte and he took thus mad yellow speed out in the middle of the shop and told me to sniff it, he was fucueked. give my house a ring around 3 tomorrow.
  • Options
    i get really really shaky on pills and not in a good way.. i cant even hold a glass of water without it splashin in my face! is this normal and has it happened to anyone else? cos its ruining the whole experience a bit for me really..

No, its not normal as far as I know. Its probably because of amphetamine in the pills, or MDA.

As far as the first question goes, this kind of thing is WAY more likely with MDA than MDMA.
  • Options
    It's not just pills either - when i've been drinking i regularly wake up in bed and think i'm still in the pub or at a party and my rooms full of people, the clothes i chuck on my sofa look like people lol

It's freaky at first but i'm used to being a bit of a nut-nut now :p
  • Options
    lol... aye the confusion thing is funny.. ive got it a few times.. its funnier when it happens to other people though

and i get the shouting/jumping awake thing when im trying to sleep sometimes.. i kept getting it 2 days after taking e's last week.. must have happened about 15 times before i eventually get asleep

and as for the glasses (along with various other trippy shit) ive noticed a few times and im nearly certain it was from MDA
  • Options
    budda wrote:
    No, its not normal as far as I know. Its probably because of amphetamine in the pills, or MDA.

As far as the first question goes, this kind of thing is WAY more likely with MDA than MDMA.

do you think its dangerous that i take them then.. it happens with Pink Kangeroos but never with Smurfs or Smileys. In my mind i feel fine, im gurning a lot but my whole body shakes so much it looks like im having a fit or something.
    what is amphetamine and whats the difference between MDA and MDMA, and why does it vary anyway?

thank you in advance if you decide to answer the questions of a very naive girl.
  • Options
    Ive had the work thing once...

All of this usually happens when i go bed (when im still fucked)
    Ill just be sleeping (well not sleeping, but in a very lite sleep) and ive had a strange occurance that i was back in the club, with my work mates (who are also painter and decorators like me).. all with their high-vis yellow jackets on, dancing around in there! spinny shit
  • Options
    what is amphetamine and whats the difference between MDA and MDMA, and why does it vary anyway?

Amphetamine is a stimulant. It increases the activity of your central nervous system (CNS) and gives you feelings of alertness, confidence, euphoria and suppresses appetite.
    MDMA is a different drug - partly a stimulant but the subjective effects are more relaxing. A feeling of euphoria, acceptance, calm and a closeness to others. Touch feels sensual and music sounds great.
    MDA is a related drug, but has more of a heavy, stoned, halluconigenic quality to it. They are both related to amphetamine.
    It varies because ecstasy is illegal and there is no quality control.
  • Options
    oh rite thanks a lot clears up a lot of stuff.
    yeah how random is this i pilled last night and i think its cos i read the posts about seeing glasses on people that day but one boy had like massive harry potter glasses and someone else had john lennon ones it was extraordinary! good night in any case, had some pumas which ive never done before.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    With the pills I'm gobbling my mind is just a boggling, oh my god my legs are just a wobbling a wobbling

I'm not just mullered im bullered! It's mashed, bolloxed and mullered all in one!

Sharkey haha, nutcase!
  • Options
    Lol I headfucked a blunt on pills once and as soon as I came out of the headfuck I just randomly came out "mcdonalds is going down"... all my friends were pissing themselves, the think is I know I said it but I don't know why I said it....I was even thinking to myself while I was saying, "why the fuck am I saying this?" It's wierd shit... One of my mates gets really fucked really quickly off pills and was once just sitting there, eyes rolled back, gurning his tits off and started jabbering on about Texaco petrol stations...
    Lol and of course there's the forgetting what you were saying on pills...so many times have I sat there chatting shit and then stopped mid-sentance, then saying "dude I completely forgot what the fuck I was on about" haha funny times on pills...one morning after doing pills my m8 rang me up and I wasn't even buzzing at this time but I'd done ALOT the night before, and half way through the convo with him I forgot who I was talking to and I was just like "urm I'm sorry but who am I talking to?" lol