Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Anabolic steroids

JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
I thought these two recent articles from the Guardian might be of interest, in light of the number of threads asking for information on the safe use of steroids.

Body-conscious men turn to anabolic steroids & Get fit now, pay later .

Here is the link to the press release from Drugscope announcing the survey results mentioned in the first article, and the Drugscope information page on Anabolic Steroids.

Comments

• Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    More and more men want a body like David Beckham's - even if they have to take dangerous short cuts to get it

That made me larf, dont think anyone who takes steroids is trying to achieve a beckham physique.

There is alot of information in there suggesting that steroid use is bad and cannot be good in any way. I think it depends on the way you look at it and the way you use it.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    In the interests of being balanced I though it was useful, as a lot of posters in previous threads were coming across as very pro.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I stopped reading from where I saw David Beckham.

Davids physique makes baby Jesus cry. You certainly dont need to use steroids to achieve David Beckhams physique. How or why would they even use someone who doesn't train intense or probably dont even train at all as an example? Also steroids dont give you a six pack, a low calorie diet & cardio gives you a six pack.

In a way the reason I approve of these articles are because they put people off from using them. But if someone does use them & has done research then they know that steroids if not abused & used appropriately with additional protection (liver support etc.) could help you lead a healthier life. Its just when people dont know the fine details they will get hurt.
  • Options
    Steroids will not help you lead a healthier life, that's just daft.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Steroids will not help you lead a healthier life, that's just daft.
    There has been studies done on steroid use that support this statement. Steroid abuse is a different story. But I guess you can ask whats abuse to some people.
  • Options
    Got a reference for them studies?
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    It is true, i will try and find some research on it. Like HIT said if taken in the right way and correct dosages it can have more benificial effects rather than negative.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Got a reference for them studies?
    I look for them, maybe it was on pubmed.

In the mean time here is an article on how to use steroids safe & effectively, & how they also may be a benefit to our health.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113118
  • Options
    Anabolic steroids are a human growth hormone

rrrrrrrrriiiiiiiight :rolleyes:

Also, I agree, that Beckham thing had me in stitches, who are the fucking muppets who got surveyed and gave that answer, they must complete idiots, and tiny!! lol

I know a LOT of people who steroids have lead to a healthier lifestyle for, a lot don't drink/do drugs etc because they are on the gear and want the biggest gains possible, and also lead to a lot of them quitting other mind altering recreational drugs altogether. Also it's important to keep diet clean when you're or risk getting bloated and watery, another healthy side effect.

I'm not trying to sound pro roids here just saying it as I see it.
  • Options
    rrrrrrrrriiiiiiiight :rolleyes:

Also, I agree, that Beckham thing had me in stitches, who are the fucking muppets who got surveyed and gave that answer, they must complete idiots, and tiny!! lol

I know a LOT of people who steroids have lead to a healthier lifestyle for, a lot don't drink/do drugs etc because they are on the gear and want the biggest gains possible, and also lead to a lot of them quitting other mind altering recreational drugs altogether. Also it's important to keep diet clean when you're or risk getting bloated and watery, another healthy side effect.

I'm not trying to sound pro roids here just saying it as I see it.
    lol I didnt see that bit about the hormone testosterone being another hormone human growth hormone.
    There are reports of regular users becoming physically violent and sexually abusive, in a fit of so called 'roid rage'.
    Not everyone gets the dreaded roid rage. I for one am layed back & so are alot of people I know using steroids. If your naturally tempered, then steroids will make you bad tempered. If your not then nothing to worry about. I think 9/10 times with people who dont know anything about steroids, get roid rage as a placebo effect. As for the sexual abuse...
    The steroid craze has come out of the gym culture. Bodybuilders, athletes and some gay clubbers have used anabolic steroids for some time.
    Are gay people now a different breed of the male gender?
    "Steroid users can find it hard to get their testosterone levels back to normal when they stop using steroids. I had one guy on the phone to me crying his eyes out because his sex drive was gone."
    Perhaps instead of spending time talking BS to the media, you could have told him about proper pct.
    Some users say they feel lacking in energy and depressed after stopping steroids and continue to use them rather than face these symptoms.
    Some steroid users also dont use pct.
    Jeff Rutstein, a former steroid user, began to take the drugs in his late teens. He started to work out at a gym and used the drugs to speed up his transformation from wimp to pin-up. "I was a small kid, I stuttered and I got picked on. Like the majority of young men who turn to steroids, I thought the drugs would make my body more attractive. But steroids mess with your mind as well as your body. And once you're sticking a needle in your body, it becomes no big deal to start doing lines of coke, too."
    This one has to be the most dumb thing I have read throughout. Its true that steroids can mess with your mind, especially when you stop using them. Its because you grow tremendously whilst using them, & when your not using them, the gains arent so great. But to say it becomes no big deal to start using coke is moronic. After all, some people use steroids as an overall lifestyle & choose not to use any other drugs.
    Some people want to go further and ban possession but other people say this would just push steroid use further underground and make it more dangerous.
    These "some people" tend to be the ones that are causing more problems by being obese than steroid use.

I think this article doesn't target genuine steroid users that have spent years of practicing & researching. After all its those genuine steroid users that actually know whats going on with there body. But perhaps there should be a change of law into under the age of 18 possesion results in being confiscated.
  • Options
    A friend from another forum added an article on Wikipedia on the subject of AAS. It gives a very accurate description of AAS, also check out popular misconceptions about a quarter of the page down. Hopefully this debunk some myths about exogenous testosterone shrinking the penis. :rolleyes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anabolic_steroid