Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What do you have on your desk?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've just started work in a library and we're having a clear out- I have my own small bit of surface with a computer on it and tomorrow I'm going shopping to buy a few essentials to brighten it all up.

So far I've bought:

post-it notes (in various colours and sizes!)
a ruler

Any other suggestions?!

Comments

• Options
    One of those pen tidy things. Mines full of pens, assorted computer screws, nescafe tokens, free cinema ticket tokens, scissors, tweezers and other bits. ANd i've got a magic 8 ball on it too :)
  • Options
    Oh, god, I have so much crap on my desk. Dust mostly. Papers all over the place, pens, various office supplies, just scattered all around, several coffee mugs, maybe clean... I'll have to take a photo on Monday
  • Options
    Pens and post-it notes, you don't need much more really. Work should provide your stationery.

Since you ask what I have on my work desk, currently I have a box fuill of sorted mail, a pile of leases that need to be checked, a telephone and headset and a pile of forms that I need to sort out with the Land Registry.
  • Options
    My desk goes the length of the wall in the office but I dont have to share it. My half of the desk has my computer, printer, two sets of filing trays, hole punch, stapler, pen tidy with various pens/stationary, post-its, notebook, ruler two little cuddly toys and a load of unread/unsorted mail as I'm currently onholiday and while not be back until weds and no drawers to keep suff in.
  • Options
    A computer with a couple of screens, phone, notepads (a4 and a little one), a bit of paper that's like a coaster because I can't find one big enough for my mug, a pile of books, other bits of paper, a pen.
  • Options
    Computer, a copy of the different enrolment packs we've sent out, a copy of each prospectus, pens of assorted colours, 2 highlighters, ruler, notepads, post-its, With Compliments slips, a letter opener, a mug, a bottle of squash, a glass.

Yes, my desk is organised so I have to get up as little as possible :p
  • Options
    PC, monitor, keyboard, phone, various screwdrivers, crimper, odd bits of cat5/coax/fibre cable, some random PSUs and HDs, all sorts of manuals and bits of paper with scribbles on, people just tend to dump crap on my desk and i usually have to sort it out, but as i'm offski in a few weeks i've just let it build up and they'll have to deal with the mess this time :)
  • Options
    Buy a kinder egg and put the toy on top of your computer.
  • Options
    Piles of paper, price lists, catalogues, fabric swatches, image CDs, post-its, pukka pad, pens, stapler ruler, pen tidy with no pens in but lots of random shite, computer (obv) with price list masquerading as a mouse mat as the old mouse mat was one of those cheapy neoprene-feeling ones and it made me cringe when I touched it, little clock/thermometer thing as I am obsessed by what temperature it is, a mug with my name on it, a shitty kinder toy and a pirate figurine.

Oh, and more dust than you could shake a hoover at.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    a pirate figurine.

A space pirate? ;)
  • Options
    I have

3 fluffy pink pens (which have been bought for me)
    A photo in a frame (also pink)
    A card that someone sent to me that I found really funny
    Lots of post-its (with more in the drawer, I hoard them)
    Cup, Glass, Coffee and Tea

And also general work shit, textbooks and such like
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Pens and post-it notes, you don't need much more really. Work should provide your stationery.

Since you ask what I have on my work desk, currently I have a box fuill of sorted mail, a pile of leases that need to be checked, a telephone and headset and a pile of forms that I need to sort out with the Land Registry.

What do you do Kermit? sorry just nosey.

I have a computer, phone, desk tidy, pens, stapler, post it notes and a tray file and files and papers.
  • Options
    I have tried to make my desk area as homely as possible (but still neat and tidy). Pc, phone, filing trays, personal photos and postcards, my tinkerbell mug, funky elephant drinks tray, globe paperweight, piles of paper, pen tidy, pots of elastic bands, ladybird pins and paperclips. The list goes on. Every few weeks I get bored with my stationary so I go to Paperchase and buy new stuff and stick it on my expenses. My drawers have got everthing in. People in the office know to come to me if they needed anything - knives and forks, candles, flash wipes, washing up liquid, polish, coffee, tea, different falvoured teas, pins, the lot really. I like to be organised!!
  • Options
    ~kaz~ wrote:
    What do you do Kermit? sorry just nosey.

I'm a paralegal doing remortgage conveyancing.
  • Options
    Heres my bootleg computer and the crap around it, and the other side of my desk. Oraganized chaos tbh.