Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

annoying customers

124»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I hate the personal responsibility thing too. I answered the phone today, and the chap said "I spoke to you yesterday, and YOU told me I'd get my visa letter faxed through, and I want to know why YOU haven't sent it yet."

Maybe because it wasn't ME he spoke to, as I didn't answer the phone at all yesterday :thumb:
    Customers that squeeze every single bread item we have before they choose which to buy.

And in the process, completely wreck the fixture you just tidied.

And the ones that go - 'What's the date today? Oh, that'll only last til Wednesday then, haven't you got anything that'll last longer?' Um, no love, cos it's all fresh. If you want bread that'll last you a week, Warburtons and Kingsmill are right over there.

And customers that touch you. When I'm filling up a shelf facing away from you, do not put your hand on my lower back, mate. Try 'excuse me, love?', that's always gonna get a better response than if I think you're a step away from touching me up.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I didn't answer the phone at all yesterday :thumb:

I wish I had those days :(
    Maybe because it wasn't ME he spoke to, as I didn't answer the phone at all yesterday :thumb:

Hate that shit, used to get it constantly.

I found it a lot easier dealing with idiotic customers over the phone, just put them on mute, call them a wanker (sticking your middle finger up at the phone too is optional), take them off mute and it's easier from there on in.

Or when they asked stupid questions like if we were based in India. Does it sound like we're based in fucking India?
    Bri-namite wrote:

I found it a lot easier dealing with idiotic customers over the phone, just put them on mute, call them a wanker (sticking your middle finger up at the phone too is optional), take them off mute and it's easier from there on in.

Or when they asked stupid questions like if we were based in India. Does it sound like we're based in fucking India?
    First time I've heard the Scottish accent being compared to an Indian one...
    stargalaxy wrote:
    First time I've heard the Scottish accent being compared to an Indian one...

She was an senile old hag from what I remember, I don't think she believed I was in the UK. I think she went on about how she found it very difficult to understand me, and how call centres should only employ people who can both speak and understand English.

Such a shame when twits like that get accidentaly hung up on :(
    Bri-namite wrote:
    She was an senile old hag from what I remember, I don't think she believed I was in the UK. I think she went on about how she found it very difficult to understand me, and how call centres should only employ people who can both speak and understand English.
    Pardon? Me no speak English! :p
    Ooh does it? Co-op doesn't age check them.

Is Asda going off on it's own age checking thingy, what with raising the tobacco age limit to 18 etc?
    They have raised it but there are things in place where it is likely to be law at some point they said.
    Asda making their own laws up is bullshit in my opinion. I can see why they've done it, it's a blatant marketing ploy to make them appear 'responsible' which I think may backfire and result in them alienating a large number of young people (even those that don't smoke are sick of being discriminated against because of their age, and this isn't far away from that). But I guess it's easy to do it on something you make no money from. I'd like to see them have the guts to raise the age to buy alcohol to 21, but they're not going to do it on something like that and risk their profits now, are they?
    Tweety wrote:
    They have raised it but there are things in place wher it is likely to be law at some point they said.

I hope they aint gonna do it with alcohol too then.

Tried to buy a bottle of something or other in Vicky Wines a couple of months ago, got knocked back because I didn't look 21, even though she said she knew I was over 18.

Fucks me off when shops have stupid rules like that, especially with lazy cunts like me on the go who can never be arsed sorting out ID :razz:
    Bri-namite wrote:
    I hope they aint gonna do it with alcohol too then.

Tried to buy a bottle of something or other in Vicky Wines a couple of months ago, got knocked back because I didn't look 21, even though she said she knew I was over 18.

Fucks me off when shops have stupid rules like that, especially with lazy cunts like me on the go who can never be arsed sorting out ID :razz:

Most places have the challenge 21 thing now.
    urgh i had a lady today who tried to pay with her husbands debit card and i said i couldn't accept it and she said well i've done it before and i said well the person who served you shouldn't have allowed it and she was SO rude. she paid with cash and then snatched the money out of my hand - the whole time looking like i'd done something god awful. i told her she'd be committing fraud if she used his card and she said 'i know'. then she said did she have to sign her receipt because she was the regional manager (wtf?!) and then left out of the doors (not before ignoring me when i said bye).

:banghead:
    Bri-namite wrote:

Haha, I'm so glad I'm not the only one that sticks my middle finger up at the phone :D

I also get them coming to us at the counter, when I have to retreat to the print room to verbally abuse them.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Bri-namite wrote:

Ah yes, abusing them is brilliant.

Stupid questions are not.
    I've been known to put the phone down and swear very loudly before. But some of our customers are thick as shit.
    Our phone system is fucked. When an outside call comes through it goes to customer services, mens and kids and us. Then we answer it and nine out of ten times it's a call for another department.

We have more of a problem with staff from our other stores being shit thick and not having a clue.

And what really pisses me off is that when any stores phone us to ask us to check and reserve or transfer an item we search for it asap but tonight I phoned a store at 7.35 to check they had a bed set in stock and to reserve one for a customer. It took her 5 minutes to realise it wasn't on the shop floor and another 5 to go to the stockroom and get one. Leaving the customers 15 minutes to get to the other store which is about 20 minutes away!
    all true, if only they could put themselves in our position and think about, i dont control the whole of tesco! Horrible to say but old people are the worst.

Had a brilliant one on the phone today:

Me: Hello
    Customer: Where do i phone to get my shopping delivered?
    Me: sorry?
    Customer: i want my shopping delivered
    Me: ok, you need to do that online.
    Customer: where?
    Me: on the internet
    Customer: How do you do that?
    Me: you need to find someone with a computer
    Customer: oh .... ok
    Me: byeeee

I had to hang up then!
    Lol
    Argh had such a rubbish day at work, I hung up on two people for screaming at me. Fuck that shit. One of them was a tramp as well :yes: