Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Feminist mouths off Steve Irwin.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote:
    However quite a fair bit of it is true.

Still, easier to wank on about how awful she is than deal with the issues she raises, eh?

And I speak as someone who cannot stand Greer.

It could easily be turned around on women with equal truth - but then that'd be mysoginist bile from a woman-beater. :rolleyes:

Even you can see the double standard. Greer gets her arse kissed on here with pink fluffy lovehearts but scouserboy gets reprimanded for talking about "high quality" (which translates harmlessly as "desirable") women.

I haven't seen any of the issues she raises debated on this thread either so i'm avoiding nothing.
  • Options
    No, the debate has centred on why her feminism has got anything to do with the price of fish. It doesn't.

As for what she's said about Irwin, she's right. He loved animals so much he went and interfered with them for entertainment before shoving them in a zoo and making money out of them as exhibits.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    No, the debate has centred on why her feminism has got anything to do with the price of fish. It doesn't.

She's blantantly a misandrist with a twisted outlook, not to mention a has-been loser, taking joy because a male who eclipsed her celebrity as a world-famous Australian died.

She's an utter bigot and the support for her on here speaks volumes.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    She's blantantly a misandrist with a twisted outlook, not to mention a has-been loser, taking joy because a male who eclipsed her celebrity as a world-famous Australian died.

She's an utter bigot and the support for her on here speaks volumes.

Fuck you. Speak volumes about what, exactly?

But yes, I would love to hear specific examples of her "utter bigotry". Thank you in advance.

She is an entirely more prolific Austrialian than Irwin; anyone who thinks otherwise is unobjectively clueless. Though I anticipate your harsh repercussions based on previous posts.
  • Options
    I think it's fucking disgusting. Attacking a man who died only days ago is pretty bad but the fact she clearly doesn't have a clue about what he did makes it even worse.

Did she even think about his wife or kids?
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Kermit wrote:

I don't think anybody in this thread ever claimed it did.

He's given the example of 'top footballer', it could have easilly have read as 'Labour Politician' or some other shit and nobody would have batted an eyelid.

A feminist is what she is, and HIT has said time and again that feminism had nothing to do with the words he had to say about the woman. I think you should give him the benifit of the doubt and stop looking so hard for an argument.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    You just hate to think that a woman has an opinion on anything, don't you?
    sophia wrote:
    About what a coven of nasty, bitter, dried-up man-hating old witches we are, clearly.

I love the way people keep telling HIT what his own opinoins are. :confused:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Fuck you. Speak volumes about what, exactly?

But yes, I would love to hear specific examples of her "utter bigotry". Thank you in advance.

She is an entirely more prolific Austrialian than Irwin; anyone who thinks otherwise is unobjectively clueless. Though I anticipate your harsh repercussions based on previous posts.

No, fuck you. I've already put up quotes which demonstrate Greer's bigotry vividly. As to what it speaks volumes about, you know fine well. If you didn't agree with her, and found the quotes which i've put up offensive and well out of order, you wouldn't claim to love her - so it's rational to assume you agree with them, just like Kermit.

Let's say i defended some sad mysoginist bastard who claimed woman are "freaks of nature", as Greer described men. You'd be amongst the first to start the inquisition, and you fucking know it.

Double standard exposed.
    About what a coven of nasty, bitter, dried-up man-hating old witches we are, clearly.

For someone writing a book on feminism, and who declares herself an expert on such matters, surely you can come up with something better than continually posting sarcy little "ooooh all feminists are evil" comments. How about addressing those quotes? Do you agree with them, and if not, how can you reconcile that disagreement with your support for her?
  • Options
    Also, on the subject of Irwin, was his zoo not populated by animals rescued from situations which would otherwise have led to their death?
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    And These two are I suppose, the pinnacle of Human Female perfection?

This silly femenist bitch is nothing better than her male chauvanistic equivilent. Both are sill twunts who are useless.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    And These two are I suppose, the pinnacle of Human Female perfection?

This silly femenist bitch is nothing better than her male chauvanistic equivilent. Both are sill twunts who are useless.QUOTE]

Eh? What do those two have to do with anything?

The point is, no-one on here could get away describing women even remotely as hatefully as Greer describes men, yet the people who would be launching the most vitriolic attacks against such comments are self-proclaimed supporters of the woman! FFS, even harmlessly-intentioned use of language with no hostility to women whatsoever gets attacked by these same people.

Unbelievable.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Spliffie wrote:
    Eh?

It was a referenace to when you posted about her going on how men are all bad and awfull...

Just showing how women aren't all perfect either.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Eh?

:lol:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Also, on the subject of Irwin, was his zoo not populated by animals rescued from situations which would otherwise have led to their death?

Yes! Well, most of them. He took in loads of animals that would of been killed by humans or died of injuries and the like. Most of the healthy animals were released back into their natural environment and away from danger. How anyone can hate the man is something I'll never understand!
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    You never wanted to discuss what she said though. All you wanted to do was call her a bitch. Me and lots of other people have said that we thought she made some valid points, and you haven't responded to that at all, you've totally ignored it.
    I called her a bitch because what she said. :banghead: x2

Its when fanatics like you break away from your church (feminists), to try & turn the situation on how it affects you. Really you haven't got a leg to stand on that's why after my many attempts explaining this isn't about feminists, its about what a feminist said.

This "bitch" could have said she hopes another terror attack hits the UK, & as I chose to use the title feminist, you couldn't of gave a shit what she said, but I used feminist.

Oh & here's a newsflash, I have responded to peoples views. As you never really bothered to read in the first place, why would you read that?
    kermit wrote:
    As for what she's said about Irwin, she's right. He loved animals so much he went and interfered with them for entertainment before shoving them in a zoo and making money out of them as exhibits.

Even I would had thought you could have came up with something more original than that. :yes:
  • Options
    In a similar vein, why do you see letters to the editor in a paper signed something like

Mrs Smith
    Brighton
    Mother of two

WTF has having 2 kids got to do with validating your opinion ?
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    In a similar vein, why do you see letters to the editor in a paper signed something like

Mrs Smith
    Brighton
    Mother of two

WTF has having 2 kids got to do with validating your opinion ?

I suspect it is about manipulation not validation.There are numerous examples in any media content.
  • Options
    Lifeless wrote:
    Yes! Well, most of them. He took in loads of animals that would of been killed by humans or died of injuries and the like. Most of the healthy animals were released back into their natural environment and away from danger. How anyone can hate the man is something I'll never understand!

The fact he handled these animals and put himself at risk was the fundamental reason why he was so popular, and was so successful at raising awareness.
    People seem to forget his Zoo program which just showed how dedicated he was to conservation.

He was twat when he took his baby into the croc pen with him, but one thing you can't knock is the way he treated animals.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    People seem to forget his Zoo program which just showed how dedicated he was to conservation.
    It amazes me that people still see the word zoo and think of all those cuddley animals cruelly locked up for profit. Our zoo doesn't pick what animals it gets, it's part of a worldwide conservation project helping to breed endangered species and protecting the one's already in the wild, and the zoo raises a fortune to do this.
  • Options
    Interview with the 'Feminist'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21owtYXTO0E
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Why does anyone take Greer seriously?

A washed up talking head and big brother contestant, who wrote a book 30 years ago.

There is as much justification for taking Jade Goody or the Page 3 girls comments seriously.........
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    There is as much justification for taking Jade Goody or the Page 3 girls comments seriously.........
    Excuse me. News in Briefs often has some very good points in it.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    its about what a feminist said.

Erm.. the point being made is the fact that she is a feminist is irrelevant to the comments she made, which you commented on.
    This "bitch" could have said she hopes another terror attack hits the UK, & as I chose to use the title feminist, you couldn't of gave a shit what she said, but I used feminist.

Because you use it as a term of abuse, as if it is something which she should be ashamed of. You use "feminist" in the same way that others might use "bitch, wanker, cunt" etc...
  • Options
    Erm.. the point being made is the fact that she is a feminist is irrelevant to the comments she made, which you commented on.

Because you use it as a term of abuse, as if it is something which she should be ashamed of. You use "feminist" in the same way that others might use "bitch, wanker, cunt" etc...
    *Another one bits the dust*

I dont think you get it?

I USED THE TITLE "FEMINIST", BECAUSE SHE IS BEST KNOW AS A FEMENIST. IF I WAS REFERING TO A TOP FOOTBALLER, THEN I MIGHT HAVE WROTE, "TOP FOOTBALLER". ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT SEEM TO WANT TO CASUE ARGUMENTS ON THINGS THAT ARNT THERE. I WASNT TARGETING FEMINISTS AT ALL. THE THREAD ISNT EVEN ABOUT FEMENISTS, ITS ABOUT WHAT SHE SAID. I DIDNT SAY ALL FEMENISTS ETC. ETC.

IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO ADD THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE LINK IN POST 1? OR ARE YOU HERE TO TRY & CAUSE AN ARGUMENT?

EITHER READ THE THREAD FROM THE BEGGINING, OR CRY ABOUT IT.
  • Options
    Go fuck yourself newb. Shouting won't change a thing.

Of course I can fucking read but you just don't seem to understand that you have offended people. I was trying to explain to you why they are offended. TBH I really don't give a shit how you describe her but don't get the arse when someone else picks you up on it and pushes you on it.

If the thread was about what she said then there is no reason to mention the feminist nature of some of her views. the fact that you did mention it - in an abusive way - means that he other views matter to you. It is that which you are being picked up on.

The actual content of her comments have been supported here. It's as if you are arguing that "how dare that fucking feminist dare to mouth off against my darling Steve?" when you appear to mean "how dare anyone dare to mouth off against my darling Steve?" Spot the difference.

And "sorry" really isn't that hard to type FFS
  • Options
    Go fuck yourself newb. Shouting won't change a thing.

Of course I can fucking read but you just don't seem to understand that you have offended people. I was trying to explain to you why they are offended. TBH I really don't give a shit how you describe her but don't get the arse when someone else picks you up on it and pushes you on it.

If the thread was about what she said then there is no reason to mention the feminist nature of some of her views. the fact that you did mention it - in an abusive way - means that he other views matter to you. It is that which you are being picked up on.

The actual content of her comments have been supported here. It's as if you are arguing that "how dare that fucking feminist dare to mouth off against my darling Steve?"
    Wow, a dad to be acting like a baby. :rolleyes: :crying:

(You) dont seem to realise. This thread is about what she said, nothing to do with feminists at all. There has only been a few posts where people have discussed the article some agree, most disagree. There have alot more post where people are trying to pick irrelevant faults such as the title (like you). You haven't once discussed the article, yet only the title.

But I'm sure your going to look through this thread & copy & paste someone else's opinion.

So if I wrote threads like,

"Footballer says..."
    "Top MP says..."
    "Government official says...."

You would get yourself wound up because I used these titles? Get real.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    Wow, a dad to be acting like a baby.

:yawn:
    This thread is about what she said, nothing to do with feminists at all.

:banghead:

So why mention feminist in the title? When you did so you drew the link between her political beliefs and her comments. You only have yourself to blame for the reaction.
    There has only been a few posts where people have discussed the article some agree, most disagree.

because most of us coulnd't give a shit about what she says, apart from the issue for which she is renowned, most of us seem to see her opinions as irrelevant.
    But I'm sure your going to look through this thread & copy & paste someone else's opinion.

Hope you didn't put money on it.
    So if I wrote threads like,

"Footballer says..."
    "Top MP says..."

You would get yourself wound up because I used these titles? Get real.

No because you don't see it as abuse. If you'd said "Australian" mouths off, then it wouldn't be abusive. Throughout this thread though you have given a clear indication about your view of feminists and hence people know that you see it is a term which you can use to abuse someone. You problem is that she dared to say anoything at all awhich wasn't kissing Steve Irwin's arse. That she is a feminist gives you something to throw back.
  • Options
    And "sorry" really isn't that hard to type FFS

When "off" proves too difficult... ;)
    HIT wrote:
    This thread is about what she said, nothing to do with feminists at all.

The title says otherwise.
    HIT wrote:
    "Footballer says..."
    "Top MP says..."

These are all jobs.

Her job isn't a feminist, it's an academic (or whatever she does now).
  • Options
    When "off" proves too difficult... ;)

Now now, I wasn't going to mention that :D