Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Contracts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I worked for my current employer as a Christmas temp and signed a contract. I left and returned about 3/4 months ago and as far as i know it's permanent now. I haven't even had a contract mentioned to me.

Should I worry about this? Where do i stand if something goes wrong and it comes out I'm not under contract (but still getting paid)?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You should have a contract within the first six weeks of starting work.

You going to work and them paying you in return implies that you agree to the contract, but you really ought to get your contact sorted ASAP so that you know the finer details (including the Terms of Employment and the grievance procedure, if you were planning on bringing up the air con issue again, etc). Go see your HR person, soonish - particularly before they get busy taking on this year's Christmas temps.

Is this BHS again? My mum has just started back there (she worked for them 6/7 years ago too) and was given her contract a few days after the interview.
    Wow, you remembered! Yeah it is. I think the problem with mine was that the position I have now was opened for me, I was promised it therefore I didn't get interviewed so it was kind of an informal employment if you get what I mean. I'll speak to HR next time I'm. Thanks :)
    Yeah, good memory - I'm not stalking you or anything, honest! :p

Did you get your P45 at the end of the last time you worked there, and gave it back when you started again? Therefore making two seperate periods of employment, requiring two seperate contracts... :)
    Yeah sure ;) :P

I filled in all that tax crap. At least if i approach them I know I'm doing the right thing :)