Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Chelsea sign Cole *shocker*

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
At last!

Does that mean that we've heard the last of this [rather dull] saga?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    If I was an Arsenal fan I'd be happy to see the back of the greedy wee fucker.

I'd have thought they'd get more than £5m in the exchange with Gallas though.
  • Options
    Good deal all round for Chelsea really! Damn cheap considering Arsenal wanted over 20M!
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    If I was an Arsenal fan I'd be happy to see the back of the greedy wee fucker.

I'd have thought they'd get more than £5m in the exchange with Gallas though.

Oh believe me I'm glad he's gone.

I'd say getting rid of a petulant morale sapping full-back and gaining a proven premiership and international defender in his peak, who can play anywhere along the back and won't need to aclimatise plus £5 million is a good deal by anyones standards.

Driving an apparant wedge between Mourinho and Kenyon makes it a bloody good deal.
  • Options
    Good deal for Arsenal IMO. Cole is good but he didn't want to play for them. Gallas is a very good player, for all their superstar players, Gallas actually held that team together pretty well.
  • Options
    I actually think that for once, Chelsea have got the better deal.

This is after taking everything into account such as age differences (Gallas 29, Cole 25) and time left on respective contracts (Gallas 1, Cole 2). In fact, Chelsea have got a very good deal.
  • Options
    Chelsea have got a good deal, and so have Arsenal. Cole is good but not indispensable.

Fingers crossed the fucker snaps his ligaments tomorrow, mind:D