Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

nurses and tattoo's

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi
i am thinking of getting a small tattoo on my wrist, probably a star or a cluster of stars.
do you think this would be ok for working as a nurse. i have a job in the theatre department

Comments

• Options
    Not sure if they'd be ok with it but i really wouldnt bother tbh.
    The little stars thing is just a fad like the tribal thing across the back was a couple of years ago. Think how shit that looks now but imagine it on your wrist :thumb:
  • Options
    Shouldn't be a problem.

Of course, it increases your risk of Hep, and yo ucould pass it on, but then you'd know that already.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    Not sure if they'd be ok with it but i really wouldnt bother tbh.
    The little stars thing is just a fad like the tribal thing across the back was a couple of years ago. Think how shit that looks now but imagine it on your wrist :thumb:

It is a fad! I want a few small stars on my wrist but then I also realise that loads of people already have it. So if I still want it in a years time I will get it then.
  • Options
    ive known several nurses with visible tattoos.
  • Options
    i have a couple other ones but not visable, just fancy something on my wrist, i want loads of tattoo's and feel i cant get them due to my career choice. am just a newly qualified nurse and start my job soon. had my interview but would i be better getting it done before i start so i can say that i had it prior to starting?
    its not like it will be visable to patients as they will be under ansthetic.
    x
  • Options
    My gyno nurse has visible tattoos. Its hardly anything shocking or outrageous. Seems everyone and their grandma has a tattoo of some sort.
  • Options
    I am a paediatric nurse and although i dont have any tattoos, someone i work with has a rose on her wrist ad she's never been called up about it :thumb:
  • Options
    You could always have a tattoo done with white ink, kinda subtle. Although they can be kinda hit n miss.
  • Options
    i can't see how they could have a problem with it do be honest.

fair do if it was on your nose it might not look very professional...
  • Options
    Almost always a non-issue :)
  • Options
    thanks for your opinions, this may be sad but have drawn the design on with permanent marker and gonna keep making it darker until i decide whether i want to go for it, it does look good, but then i did have a vivid thought about being old and having one on my wrist and being wrinkly.
    however perhaps my love for tattoo's blanks this out.
    got one two years ago in may
    then got another one this april past and i am dying for another one!
    x