Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Laptop Keyboard Quiery!?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey all!

Just got a new laptop but the keyboard is set to 'US' so some of the keys are different..i.e the " sysmbol and the @ (wrong way round!) Anyone know how to adjust the setting to UK? I've tried control panel but that just refers to additional hardware.

Cheers...:thumb:

Comments

• Options
    If you can't do it through the control panel, you might need the windows cd.
  • Options
    Bummer, just thought I'd be able to do it without ringing the technical help at CCLonline, apprantly its easy but I didn't have my laptop on me earlier when I rang!
  • Options
    It is easy. You just need your windows cd if its not already installed the different keyboards.
  • Options
    I'm not sure you do need the CD.

Start > control panel > regional and language options

you'll need the CD if you want to change it to Korean mind you :p
  • Options
    Right click your task bar > Toolbars > Lanuage bar and you should be able to do it like that
  • Options
    this sometimes doesnt work however. my language settings are UK. but i still have to press speech marks to get the @ and there is no pound sign only #.

country.sys?
  • Options
    this sometimes doesnt work however. my language settings are UK. but i still have to press speech marks to get the @ and there is no pound sign only #.

country.sys?

But that's American.:confused:
  • Options
    Yeah windows installs american by default . Its Quite a drawnout proccess when your formatting to change it ALL to (English) United Kingdom .

The Regional settings is how it should be done, and it should ask for the windows cd if it needs it unless it doesnt show up and theres no other option
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit

country.sys?
    It's not your language you need to change, but the keyboard layout. They are separate options.