Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Your teams transfers?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
The transfer window closes at midnight tonight. So are you satisfied with your teams transfers?

I'd say Man City are marginally stronger than we were last season.

Our goalkeepers seem fine. We got rid of James, who's been great for us, but we signed a proven international, who's ten years younger, and we've got decent cover in Nicky Weaver.

Our defence should be slightly stronger with Dunne and Distin staying together and the arrival of one of the best right-backs around. Plus the likes of Ricahrds and Onuoha are improving all the time.

Our midfield is much tougher with Hamann and Dabo adding a bit of steel, and Barton signing a new contract. But we've failed to replace two left wingers, so if we don't get DeMarkus Beasley in before the deadline (on loan) we'll be forced to use players out of position or rely on an unproven youngster, which I wouldn't be happy about. Still looks lacking in the creativity and pace department, which hopefully Beasley will help with if we get him in on time.

Our strikeforce is greatly improved. With the signing of Corradi and Dickov, we've now got a wide range of options up top, though I'm disappointed that Cole's gone on the last day. We've got the pacey Vassell, the pain in the arse Dickov, the traditional centre forward Corradi, and the unorthadox technical striker in Samaras.

Overall, I'd say my team is far more physical this season, and much stronger in the air, though our creativity isn't quite as good. I can see us relying a lot on set pieces and long balls for our goals unfortunately. But as far as results go, I expect an improvement on last season.

So how's your team prepared for the new season?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just heard we lost Kronkamp to PSV.
    Maybe that's because we are about to sign the aussie defender guy from Blackburn, his name escapes me, Lucas Neil, that's it.

I am not a 100% happy. I think we need another center half and another quality striker.
    I am not sure about Kuyt, although he's been made Hollands player of the year or something. Hope he does well.

I am happy with the speed we've got now!!! I think Bellamy will do fine and so will Pennant.
    I am not sure about Aurelio, but I've only seen him play twice.
    Gonzales looks great.
    I don't get why we sold Carson he is a quality keeper...

I think we look good attacking and are creating lots of chances, we just need to bolster up defensively. We only conceded 25 goals last season, it's hard to beat that.

Overall, I think we got a better squad than last year, definitely!!
    :)
    Aberdeen - total shambles.

Today we've got rid of Stevie Crawford to Dunfermline (good ridance), and apparently we've sold John Stewart to Falkirk in the last half hour.

That means we've three senior strikers left, one of which is out for eight weeks, one of which is an unproven Dutchman (playing on amateur terms, probably because he's that desperate), and the other is Darren Mackie, who is utter fucking gash.

Still need a left back to replace McNaughton, and a left winger.

Three and a half hours to save our season, I hope to fuck Calderwood has something up his sleeve.

ETA - Oh fanastic, Lee Miller from Dundee United is on his way up for a medical.

Hopefully there's major roadworks in place which mean he arrives at 12.01am at the earliest.

Y'never know, a season in the First Division might do us some good :rolleyes:
    migpilot wrote:
    I don't get why we sold Carson he is a quality keeper...
    I thought you would've just loaned him out. Who did you sell him to?
    Carson was only loaned out to Charlton, AFAIK.

Interesting to see the Toon have got Rossi on loan from Man Utd, I'm surprised they've let him go out.
    Kermit wrote:
    Interesting to see the Toon have got Rossi on loan from Man Utd, I'm surprised they've let him go out.

Me too!

I'd assumed that it meant that we would sign a striker today. I'm still waiting.

In fact I don't think United had achieved much this year, although I don't think that it's for the want of trying.
    Cardiff have done well. Micheal Chopra being are main aquisition.

5 games 4 wins and 1 draw speaks for itself i think.
    Kermit wrote:
    Carson was only loaned out to Charlton, AFAIK.

my bad...

And Ferguson said that he thought Rossi needed 1st team football and that wehen he comes back he will be a better player for United... makes sense I think.
    Oh he needs some 1st team football, my surprise is that it won't be in a red shirt. He will score goals.
    Wahay, brought in Damarkus Beasley and got rid of Antoine Sibierski in one day. :yippe: He should do well if what I've seen of him is anything to go by. He's one of the fastest wingers around by all accounts. I don't think he's technically great, but he's much better than out current left-sided options.
    JOy for Arsenal fans finally!! Pascal Cygan off to Villareal for £2million!!!! ;)
    I am absolutely livid Rossi has been sent out on loan. I don't mind not signing people if it means we give youngsters a chance, but now the hottest prospect of them all has been given away! He better have a clause stating he has to play at Newcastle because I'll be raging if he sits on the bench there as well. We could've probably done with signing a striker. When Solskjaer and Saha get injured, we're left very short up front.

Midfield is a major concern. I like the idea of a Scholes Carrick partnership but beyond that you're basically looking at O'Shea and Fletcher, though I'd certainly like to see David Jones given his chance. Obviously the Hargreaves thing didn't happen and I hope that doesn't come back to haunt us.
    Nottingham Forest have brought Junior Agogo for £125,000 due to our injury problem, dont know wat hes like but i dont think we need him as Neil Harris is getting back to fitness, Scott Dobies on his way back and the great Nathan Tyson isnt out for that long
    migpilot wrote:
    JOy for Arsenal fans finally!! Pascal Cygan off to Villareal for £2million!!!! ;)
    Couldn't believe this, he's old and shite, right deal for Arsenal IMO
    Very disapointed, second season in a row that the Glazers have not delivered on their promises. I can't believe that there are still United fans who are willing to hand over a huge wad of cash only to be spat in the eye.

Uniteds transfer budget is supposedly £25m a season, that makes about £40m this summer with the sale of players.

Oh and we're still waiting for the "two world class players" Gill promised before the world cup, maybe he was to busy munching Joel Glazers cock.
    godscop wrote:
    Very disapointed, second season in a row that the Glazers have not delivered on their promises. I can't believe that there are still United fans who are willing to hand over a huge wad of cash only to be spat in the eye.

Uniteds transfer budget is supposedly £25m a season, that makes about £40m this summer with the sale of players.

Oh and we're still waiting for the "two world class players" Gill promised before the world cup, maybe he was to busy munching Joel Glazers cock.

Would you rather we panic buy when our definite targets (Hargreaves) can't come?
    Addict wrote:
    Would you rather we panic buy when our definite targets (Hargreaves) can't come?

The problem is we've started this season with basically the same team as last, United are the lowsest net PL spenders.

The market has been relatively cheap this summer, I'm sure a few players could have been brought in to cover gaps for 1/2 seasons.

Don't be surprised when Hargreaves joins someone else next summer.
    godscop wrote:
    The problem is we've started this season with basically the same team as last, United are the lowsest net PL spenders.

The market has been relatively cheap this summer, I'm sure a few players could have been brought in to cover gaps for 1/2 seasons.

Don't be surprised when Hargreaves joins someone else next summer.

Hargreaves has the desire to play for us, and that goes a long way in the transfer market. Bayern won't want to keep a want-away player. I can see him being a United player sooner rather than later.

I think United's problem in recent years has been trying to 'cover gaps'. It never works out when we try and do that. We need definite quality, and there was none available. Who do you propose we should have signed to cover these gaps?
    Addict wrote:
    Hargreaves has the desire to play for us, and that goes a long way in the transfer market. Bayern won't want to keep a want-away player. I can see him being a United player sooner rather than later.

I think United's problem in recent years has been trying to 'cover gaps'. It never works out when we try and do that. We need definite quality, and there was none available. Who do you propose we should have signed to cover these gaps?

He might have the desire to play for United, but I doubt the Glazers are going to come up with the cash as they weren't this time.

Tevez
    Mascherano
    Diarra
    Riquelme
    Hargreaves
    Senna

All players that were there for the taking but when it mattered United didn't have the money. Wake up and smell the coffee the Glazers have taken us out of the market, in fact next summer I think more players will be sold.
    There's something dodgy about the Tevez/Mascherano deal which ruled us out. MSI had other things in mind, and it didn't involve United just now.

Diarra wanted to go to Real - you can't argue with that.

Riquelme was only speculation. He would have been an expensive gamble anyway. Would you really want United to change their whole system to accomodate him?

I believe we were firmly in for Hargreaves. £17m if various reports are to be believed. We were simply denied the transfer by his club. You can't do anything if the club won't sell.

Senna is probably the one I thought would have happened. I think our pursuit of Hargreaves put him off. He always said he was happy to stay at Villareal.

I would have liked to see additions but what can you do when there's noone available? I'm happy enough to give the current players a chance, but I'm angry that Rossi has been let out on loan.
    Addict wrote:
    I would have liked to see additions but what can you do when there's noone available? I'm happy enough to give the current players a chance, but I'm angry that Rossi has been let out on loan.

At least Miller has been fucked off, some say on a free, hes only been on £40K a week for 3 years when it was obvious after two games he wasn't good enough.

I think Rossis move will turn out to be permenant.
    godscop wrote:

I think Rossis move will turn out to be permenant.

You are joking? Why would we let one of our brightest prospects leave? Rossi's part of the future. He's been let out for experience, but I still think he should've been allowed to get experience in our own first team.
    Addict wrote:
    You are joking? Why would we let one of our brightest prospects leave? Rossi's part of the future. He's been let out for experience, but I still think he should've been allowed to get experience in our own first team.

I agree, but other people have other plans like asset stripping.
    Addict wrote:
    Riquelme was only speculation. He would have been an expensive gamble anyway. Would you really want United to change their whole system to accomodate him?
    I agree about that. Currently the second best player in the world, but totally not suited to the Premier League, and you'd have to build the whole team around him. I don't think him and Rooney could both be accomodated.
    migpilot wrote:
    Just heard we lost Kronkamp to PSV.

Good Riddance to him. Good to see Dirk Kuyt finally here. He looked quite handy against West Ham.