Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

world of warcraft

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
just installing the 6CDs now. had to buy a new harddisc to get this installed. what am i to expect?

i was kinda hoping it would like warcraft 2 but it seems to be more of an RPG than a strategy like C&C.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    what am i to expect?.
    total addiction for the next........ however long you plan on living for :)

it is an RPG
    otter wrote:

it is an RPG

:)
    wikipedia says over 40% of its users are 'addicted'. one of the far east governments has introduced a playing limitation where you are only allowed to play for so long.
    ... well get stuck in and enjoy it then :)
    otter wrote:

:yes: :yes:
    tis fun, and yes... very addictive, be sure you try and keep on top of it if you have other important things you're supposed to be doing! (As silly as that sounds, it's a fair warning :p )
    otter wrote:

Qouted for the truth!

:love: this game :hyper:
    be prepared, I know a few couples that seperated because of that game, I know people who dropped out of school and got fired from their workplace as well.
    StrubbleS wrote:
    be prepared, I know a few couples that seperated because of that game, I know people who dropped out of school and got fired from their workplace as well.

true, I know people like this too and have no doubt that it contributed in some way to the break up of my own relationship.
    But i think it is not the game that leads to the problems, rather that the problems are there and this game provides you with a way to ignore those problems and not work on them until eventually they come back and hit you even harder. A guy I know broke up with his girlfriend and instead of dealing with it, he quit his job and played WOW all day and night for about 3 months and of course one day it hit him that he had no job, no girlfriend, and no friends (since he had given up seeing them, just playing) and he fell a lot harder than maybe he would have if he hadnt used WOW to escape real life.

and on the other side of it, i have got to know some really awesome people through the game too, learnt a lot about people, and gotten a lot of friendship and support from some of them so it goes both ways.
    havn't got THAT into this, i'm stuck on a certain quest (echo isles)
    stuck on knowing what to do for it? or its just difficult?
    if you need to know how to do it or where something is - try www.thottbot.com
    I got bored of it after the first month :/
    intrepide wrote:
    and on the other side of it, i have got to know some really awesome people through the game too, learnt a lot about people, and gotten a lot of friendship and support from some of them so it goes both ways.

z4dwink.gif