Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Akon

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
When he first bought out lonely i like a lot of people took notice, good track.

After that i just thought he was another faded artist never to be seen again and thats been pretty much true with regard to his popularity (in the uk at least).

I've recently heard a few yet unrealeased tracks of his (or featuring him) and i was rather supprised - these tracks are bangers!

Look out for the tracks 'i wanna f**k you' feat snoop dogg, and 'smack that' feat. eminem.
Both of these tracks could easily go to number one in the charts if they were released over here so definately worth a listen! :thumb:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'd still prefer to eat my own shit :p
    icey wrote:
    When he first bought out lonely i like a lot of people took notice, good track.

After that i just thought he was another faded artist never to be seen again and thats been pretty much true with regard to his popularity (in the uk at least).

I've recently heard a few yet unrealeased tracks of his (or featuring him) and i was rather supprised - these tracks are bangers!

Look out for the tracks 'i wanna f**k you' feat snoop dogg, and 'smack that' feat. eminem.
    Both of these tracks could easily go to number one in the charts if they were released over here so definately worth a listen! :thumb:

"Lonely" is one of the worst tracks I ever heard in my life.

Akon is ok when he is a FEAT. on a track, but he can't carry it on his own, no way.
    migpilot wrote:
    "Lonely" is one of the worst tracks I ever heard in my life.
    Fair enough, but it was at the number 1 spot for quite a number of weeks if i remember right...
    best track on the album is rainbow!
    icey wrote:
    Fair enough, but it was at the number 1 spot for quite a number of weeks if i remember right...

NO comment. ;)
    GoodFella wrote:
    I'd still prefer to eat my own shit :p

yeah, me to
    thought i'd post a clip so people can hear what im on about..
    I like his new one with rick ross - "Cross that line"

But true, he can't really carry a song on his own...
    icey wrote:

And that would be because most of the record buying public has a terrible taste in music...