Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Gah, am very nervous!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have my (first) driving test at 8.20 (which is why I'm up at this godawful hour!)

I'm practically pooing my pyjamas!!!

Cross your fingers for me - please? I'm going to need it!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Good luck! Come back and tell us how you did :)
    Hope it goes well.
    Good luck, although you're probably half way through it just now!
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Good luck!
    Thanks everyone.

I failed quite spectacularly - 14 minors, 2 majors and 1 dangerous fault. But to be fair (and even the examiner admitted it - bitch) it was a nasty time, and the hurricane was making everyone drive like maniacs. Still sucks :crying:

Never mind, next one on the 27th!
    Ach never mind, all the best people pass 2nd time around anyway ;)
    nicx1811 wrote:
    hurricane

You got a hurricane there?:crazyeyes
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Tweety wrote:
    Seconded :crazyeyes: And they let you take a test during it??

Don't worry though, I don't know about "best people 2nd time" and all that but I do know that it's quite rare to pass on the 1st try.
    Tweety wrote:

:lol::lol: God sorry, I meant to put "hurricane type weather", but my phone keeps going off and I must of been distracted!! No it's not a hurricane, just very windy and extremely rainy here today. It's clearing up now though (typically)
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Thanks everyone.

I failed quite spectacularly - 14 minors, 2 majors and 1 dangerous fault. But to be fair (and even the examiner admitted it - bitch) it was a nasty time, and the hurricane was making everyone drive like maniacs. Still sucks :crying:

Never mind, next one on the 27th!

Gah, sorry to hear that. But as glittery said, all the best drivers fail at least once ;)

Fingers crossed for the 27th though :D
    I don't get that. 'All the bset people pass 2nd time' Sounds like an attempt to justify them failing.
    Good luck for next time. People failing first time is usually down to nerves I think
    I don't get that. 'All the bset people pass 2nd time' Sounds like an attempt to justify them failing.

same...
    Of course it's an attempt to justify it :D
    I failed on my second so if the theory continues, by the time I pass I will be excellent :p
    Glad my roads are safe for a bit longer! ;) Sorry you didn't pass, Nic :(.
    Never mind hey ;)
    Oh *crosses fingers for next month*

You always gotta wonder though, if you failed, how in the world some of those fucking idiot drivers out there ever passes. Though I guess 3 point paralell parking isn't exatly the same as merging onto another car.
    my_name wrote:
    You always gotta wonder though, if you failed, how in the world some of those fucking idiot drivers out there ever passes.

Bribes and sexual favours of course :p
    GoodFella wrote:
    Bribes and sexual favours of course :p

Oh well, if you can give head whilst driving, they do deserve to pass ;)
    If it makes you feel any better, I failed my test 5 times.

I've still not passed.
    I too failed numerous times and have now had many thousands of miles of happy motoring. woo.

Of course, it's stupidly expensive.
    Of course it's an attempt to justify it :D
    I failed on my second so if the theory continues, by the time I pass I will be excellent :p
    Ah, ok then. Just checking :D
    Aww dont let it blow your confidence and good luck for next time!! I'll have everything crossed for you :)
    Iv'e got mine next week, 3rd time lucky !!

I'm not sure. It's not a universal thing, but the three most horrifically bad (like, upsettingly bad) drivers in my family all passed their test first time. And it wasn't in the old days when all you had to do was count the wheels and you'd pass, they're all under 30. My brother in particular is so bad that my dad flat out refuses to get in the car with him, and my nephew (who doesn't get travel sick) pukes every time his daddy is driving.

I think sometimes when people pass easily, they can get a bit cocky, and don't take as much care as they should.
    kaffrin wrote:

I think sometimes when people pass easily, they can get a bit cocky, and don't take as much care as they should.

Exactly what my boyfriend said.

And thanks btw everyone, for all the nice comments :) I feel super loved as my family have been lovely to me all day, and I keep being given litres of tea (my life source)!
    It was an attempt to lighten the situation so Nic didnt feel bad. I dont need to justify failing, I failed cos I didnt do my best.
    Glittery wrote:
    It was an attempt to lighten the situation so Nic didnt feel bad. I dont need to justify failing, I failed cos I didnt do my best.

Heehee, and I failed because I just blatantly drove terribly! :)
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Heehee, and I failed because I just blatantly drove terribly! :)
    Well technically I failed cos I stalled going up a hill cos I got distracted by a girls boots :o
    kaffrin wrote:
    I'm not sure. It's not a universal thing, but the three most horrifically bad (like, upsettingly bad) drivers in my family all passed their test first time. And it wasn't in the old days when all you had to do was count the wheels and you'd pass, they're all under 30. My brother in particular is so bad that my dad flat out refuses to get in the car with him, and my nephew (who doesn't get travel sick) pukes every time his daddy is driving.

But passing *isn't* easy. I passed first time, but failed the theory test 3 times (well, the hazard perception part). My test definitely wasn't easy. I do ok driving around though. Maybe people do get a bit cocky when they pass, but I think that's the same with almost anyone who passes, first time or twelfth time. Once they've passed they think, "well, this driving lark is easy". What I take umbrage with, however, is how people say something like 'all the best people pass the second time' which (IMO) somehow detracts from the success of those who passed first time. If people were good drivers, they'd pass first time. The reason people don't pass first time is because, at the time, they weren't good drivers. Why are you better because you (general, not specific use of 'you' here) passed second time? What makes you better than people who pass first time? Are people who pass twelfth time better than people who pass second time? To me, it seems like an attempt to make a fail into something less than it is, and to derive some form of consolation from the statement.