Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Peer Pressure

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How do you write an essay about how peer pressure made a positive or negative influence on you when you can't remember one significant instance of peer pressure at all?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Start off with when you were as a kid, then compare it to how you are now, discribe how social, parental and peer pressures have effected your transition.

ETA:Explain how each have had both negative and positive effects on your life.
    I'd break them up into sections, positive or negaive first, then come to a conclusion on what you yourself feel.
    Its asking for one specific incident though... and only peer pressure

I've led a very dull social free life. Bah, maybe I'll just skip this essay.

Nor am I creative enough to even make something up.

Any ideas :p
    my_name wrote:
    Its asking for one specific incident though... and only peer pressure

I've led a very dull social free life. Bah, maybe I'll just skip this essay.

When an essay asks you for one specific thing, they want you to incorporate other things aswell. Spend your time focusing on the main question but bring the other issues aswell so it cohoborrates the rest.
    Thank you very much :)
    Helpfull :thumb:
    my_name wrote:
    How do you write an essay about how peer pressure made a positive or negative influence on you when you can't remember one significant instance of peer pressure at all?
    lie through your teeth. That or you're not thinking hard enough, maybe there was a time when people around you were trying something new and it helped you to try it as well.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Say you never used to drink, but a friend told you that you wern't cool unless you did.

So yeah, make it up.

Or say ou didn't want to do this essay, but the teacher is pressuring you into it. :p (DON'T actually do that.)
    never mind, stupid question.
    make one up or use something that has happened to a friend. or if peer pressure never influenced you, you could talk about how you resisted peer pressure and how that made you feel (e.g. you didnt do something u didnt want to even though everyone else was doing it and standing up for yourself gave you confidence etc)
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    intrepide wrote:
    use something that has happened to a friend. or if peer pressure never influenced you, you could talk about how you resisted peer pressure and how that made you feel (e.g. you didnt do something u didnt want to even though everyone else was doing it and standing up for yourself gave you confidence etc)

:yes: good ideas, especially the friend bit.