Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Comics...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Does anybody still read them?

I like the occasional good graphic novel these days, an all Joker or all Bullseye story will catch my eye, as will a compilation of a huge story, Crisis of Infinate earths, Infinite Crisis, Civil war in Marvel...but lately the New Ultimates have captured the old young'un inside me.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I got a couple wolverines floating about
    I also got the hulk future imperfect comics
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Of course I read comics. Not all the kinds you'd know though. Apart from some ultimate superheroes I get a weekly magazine which has its own artists.
  • Options
    I was really into a lot of Mad Monkey Press comics when I was younger, hard to get in the Uk though.

Magician's Village
    Masquerade (think it's called this...it's about a little boy and his dreams)

Recently got into the Battle Royale manga stuff

Oh God I was reeaaally into Archie and Hotstuff years ago too hehe. I got into Aeon Flux when it was shown on mtv at like 3am, being the insomniac I am I watched it religously for ages until I started back at uni. I wouldn't mind reading the novels for the show, quite weird though.
  • Options
    Current favorites are Stray Bullets - easily the best piece of comic book storytelling I've ever read, The Ultimates (which makes waiting for a new tv show episode seem like it takes a second - I mean I know it's good, but months between episodes!), and The Losers (even only because the writer's partner used to work for TheSite.org)

I'd always been partial to Hellblazer and Alan Moore, so I tend to keep an eye on both - might pick up Lost Girls - I've always wondered how it would end after reading chapters in Taboo.

Oh, and favourite of all time - From Hell - the last great work of the 20th century.
  • Options
    Lost Girls i really mean to read some time and the Losers too because i see it on the shelf all the time.

Does the Ultimates have a tv show? I downloaded the first "Ultimate Avengers" movie last night and watched it. It was pretty damn good i thoiught but not even remotely a patch on the comics in my opinion!
  • Options
    Ultimate Avengers was partly based on the Ultimates (especially with the final credits) - but it's called Ultimate Avengers because it's a combination of traditional Avengers and the Ultimates. So Thor is definately a real god, the Hulk is nasty but not a mass murderer and Pym and the Wasp don't get on - but no domestic violence, etc.

The second movie is much better - and features a great version of the Black Panther.
  • Options
    Halloween wrote:
    Recently got into the Battle Royale manga stuff.

Got em all its a top series

a warning though the last 5 (well 3) are hard to find
  • Options
    got the whole spawn collection and a truck load of x-men (including new mutants, cable, wolverine. Yeah I loved x-men and collected pretty much all the spin off as well)
  • Options
    fanboy :p (just kidding)
  • Options
    The Spawn cartoon tv series was awesome! I wish it had a definate ending though not just got cancelled.