Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

paracetamol question

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    'Dosage adults and children over 12 2 tablets up to 4 times daily

The dose should not be repeated more frequently than every 4 hours and not more than 4 doses (8 tablets) in any 24 hour period.

DO NOT EXCEED THE STATED DOSE.'

7 all at once every day can cause permanent damage and lead to death, not many realise this!
  • Options
    Try Feminax. It's got all different painkillers in it and stuff. It works, although depending on how bad your period pain is it might not totally work (doesn't on me, so I'm naughty and take paracetamol on top of it).
  • Options
    I fail to see the point in doubling up or even more of the dose of paracetamol, not only is it not dose related like that, but its only good for certain types of pain, and muscular ones (which I can only assume period pain is) isnt one of them.
  • Options
    budda wrote:
    I fail to see the point in doubling up or even more of the dose of paracetamol, not only is it not dose related like that, but its only good for certain types of pain, and muscular ones (which I can only assume period pain is) isnt one of them.
    You need to have a word with Superdrug then - got a list on the back of the box saying what it's good for using for, & period pains is one of them. :) That's mainly what I use it for & it works fine.
  • Options
    You need to have a word with Superdrug then - got a list on the back of the box saying what it's good for using for, & period pains is one of them. :) That's mainly what I use it for & it works fine.

Never having had a period (I've not started yet) I couldnt comment and if it works for you great. But none of the women I know find it at all useful, and I find it next to useless for any pain.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    Try Feminax. It's got all different painkillers in it and stuff. It works, although depending on how bad your period pain is it might not totally work (doesn't on me, so I'm naughty and take paracetamol on top of it).
    I use Feminax - it's a paracetamol and codeine mix.
  • Options
    Taking extra Paracetamol will do you no good at all, will make you head aches worse and generally fuck with your liver.

Go and see you GP and tell them you get bad period pain and that paracetamol/ibuprofen doesn't work. They will give you stuff like trex/mefanamic acid which works a treat, it works better if you can take it a couple of days before, but also works if you take it while you on.

As for the headaches, make sure you drink plenty of water, and if your getting headaches that often you should see someone about them too.