Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Giving Back the Exs Key

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I still have my Exs house key, however I want to give it back to him, but in a way where I dont have to talk to his face 'coz since we split up hes been acting like a complete dick. The options to return it are:

1) Face-to-Face - Last resort only
2) Post it back to him
3) Pop it through his letter box whiles hes not there.
4) Send it to where he works.
5) Destroy in some amusing way so it cant be used and chuck of the end og the pier in Brighton - Immature but fun!

Which one do I choose.

Comments

• Options
    2 or 3 I think.
  • Options
  • Options
    Chuck it off Brighton Pier :hyper:
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Char_Baby wrote:
    Chuck it off Brighton Pier :hyper:

Yea that 1. Its only a key so don't worry about it
  • Options
    3. Safer than actual mail, and if you chuck it off the pier theres always a chance he might come asking fot itt back, and you won't have it :p
  • Options
    Tape it to a cucbicle in a gay club in Brighton. Write the address down, and something like 'Take me forcibly and make me your bitch' :D
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    2 or 3 I think.

:yes:

Don't let him think he's got to you, and don't stoop to his pathetic level.
  • Options
    3. Safer than actual mail, and if you chuck it off the pier theres always a chance he might come asking fot itt back, and you won't have it :p

If he asks then she can say "Oh i chucked it off the pier, best place for it"
    Only bout £1.50 for a new 1. I believe she has the urge for it or she would of never said it.
  • Options
    Yeah, but if hes already acting like a complete dick, why make it worse by annoying him?
  • Options
    For the fun of it all !!
  • Options

Same effect as 2, but you don't have to pay for the stamp :)
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Tape it to a cucbicle in a gay club in Brighton. Write the address down, and something like 'Take me forcibly and make me your bitch' :D

That would be funny! Not advisable as hes completley homophobic. I'm torn between being mature and doing 2 or 3. Or chucking off the pier to make me feel better. I think he might have forgotton that I still have it or he might have asked for it back. Then again he still thinks I actually want to speak to him still and telling me in detail who he wants to pull in great detail to me on my birthday is a good idea.
  • Options
    i wouldnt bother. Whats the point. He can pay to get another one cut. Just throw it away.
  • Options
    6) enter his flat when he's not there and ransack the place.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Melt it and make it into fake currency.
  • Options
    If you put it through the letter box make sure you put it in an envelope first for security (i.e. so someone can't see it and hook it out for themselves).
  • Options
    i wouldnt bother. Whats the point. He can pay to get another one cut. Just throw it away.
    thats what i thought, unless he wants it back, cos if u chuck it and he wants it, he may think u r lying
  • Options
    I say keep it and make him nervous! Make him cough up to get the locks changed. Either that or chuck it off brighton pier. Noone is going to go diving for it!
  • Options
    I wouldnt put a key in the post to be honest...

Its not very safe having the address and the key that matches it together!

I would say put it in his letter box.
  • Options
    I delivered my cousins psycho ex boyfriends house key back to him, while she waited around the corner, where she could see, but was too nervous to go to the actual house.

The plan was for me and another one of our mates to knock on the door and give it to a family member and leave, wordlessly, since he was supposed to be in Brighton. Unfortunetly, when we got there, he was jsut on his way out of the door, and looked us up and down and told us to fuck off. So my mate chucked it at his head. :D

We still laugh about it now. Good times.
  • Options
    If you do want to post to it to him, just pop it in an envelope and write the address on it but dont put a stamp on...that way you get litle satisfaction knowing he had to pay out the unpaaid postage to get it back! :thumb:
  • Options
    Put it in a jiffy bag, embedded in dog poo !
  • Options
    If you want the guy to think you are hung up on him then be a bitch, if you want him to think you have moved on and it meant nothing giving the key back, then either pop it in an envelope and post it through the door or chuck it to the back of your drawrer and forget abuot it. Then you still have it if he ever wants it.
    Or are you really looking for a chance to see him again or wind him up?
  • Options
    Pop it through his letter box
  • Options

:yes: It can't cost more than 1.50 to get a new key. Does he even still know you have it? Does he even care? I'm surprised he hasn't changed the locks. I would if I knew somebody I didn't want around anymore still had a key. I agree with SCC. on this one, just throw it away.

Or Vinyl too on her last post.
    If you want the guy to think you are hung up on him then be a bitch, if you want him to think you have moved on and it meant nothing giving the key back, then either pop it in an envelope and post it through the door or chuck it to the back of your drawrer and forget abuot it. Then you still have it if he ever wants it.
    Or are you really looking for a chance to see him again or wind him up?

No point in giving him some satisifaction knowing that he still has something over you, even if he does.
  • Options
    I'm not hung up on him, I just want to get rid of the sodding key somehow, so I can move on from him. Hes still hung up on me as I have phoned him once since we spilt up and he still phones me at least once a week. He even wanted to go for a drink with me last week (he has NO chance of that ever happening). I still think the key over the end of the pier is a good idea, not sure what I would tell him if he remembers and wants it back. He wont change the locks, he doesnt have that much common sense.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    6) enter his flat when he's not there and ransack the place.

even better, go into his flat when he's not there and reverse all the rooms:D
  • Options
    Have any of you read "The Twits"?

:cool: