Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hurricanes in Caribbean - worried

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm a little bit worried....I'm going on holiday at the weekend to the caribbean for a cruise. However I have been looking at the weather forcasts as I know the it is the hurricane season at the moment and I am a bit concerned about tropical storm forcasts that there has been. Basically there are warnings of hurricanes and tropical weather and it wopuld be an absolute scary nightmare to get caught up in this.

Bit concerned what to do, my boyfriend is paying for this hol and I don't know whether to mention it? What would anyone else do?

Thanks! :nervous:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    You've paid for it, you'll have to go.

You should be fine, and the hotels are used to hurricanes and have hurricane emergency plans, but if a big one hits you just have to hide till it goes.

I've been in Hong Kong in typhoon season before and its been fine.
  • Options
    i was in florida a fair few years ago when there was a hurricane warning. It got downgraded to a tropical storm by the time it hit where we were and it just meant that we had to stay indoors a lot for a couple of days. it was quite cool really to see palm trees under that much wind pressure that they're bending right over...