Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Too Geeky? Style Tips Please!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Icey: I guess I could use a load of band posters that I like. In fact thats what I nearly did.

Sophia: You can tell what someone's personality is like from there DVD collection then eh? what would you call a bloke who has horror, comedy and manga movies? bet you would'nt be too keen then...

Just to clarify: I asked this question to see if girls would be put off by the stuff I have in my room and majority rules. So aparently any marvel stuff or stuff with skulls in it is a no no. Lava lamps as well aparently.
  • Options
    Sophia: You can tell what someone's personality is like from there DVD collection then eh? what would you call a bloke who has horror, comedy and manga movies? bet you would'nt be too keen then...
    You can't tell someone's personality from their CD/DVD collection, but you can tell some of their interests.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    well ok then.

all thats in my room now at the minute is my bed, chest of draws wardrobe, TV, PS2 and my DVD rack mounted on the wall.

think its a bit plain?
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    your right.

I just asked this question on here instead of my usual stupid questions on the relationships board. Im just disolusioned about alot of things and in turn I question everything I do and that just leads to me just being plain miserable.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    sorry, but why would you even want that crap in your room anyway? it looks hideous!
    With all the skulls and shit lying around your room resembles some kind of graveyard - not a good style mate.

If you want it to be unique and stylish how about plastering your walls with flyers from events? one of my mates did this with rave flyers when he was younger and it looked pretty good, im sure you could do the same with flyers from whatever sort of music youre into. plus when you get bored of your room that way you can just rip them down and its like a whole new makeover
    well if hes into gothy stuff hes probably not gonna be into rave flyers so hed be decorating his room in someone elses tastes. Tbh, id be more put off by rave flyers than by gothy ornaments, but thats just me. Id prefer it if the skull were real myself! Now that would impress me :yes:
    Basically im saying what others have said - different girls like different things. You cant please all of the people all of the time.

I also agree with sophia - CDs, DVDs, Books - I usually look at those first when i go round someones house, and then I look through their fridge.
  • Options
    well if hes into gothy stuff hes probably not gonna be into rave flyers so hed be decorating his room in someone elses tastes. Tbh, id be more put off by rave flyers than by gothy ornaments, but thats just me.
    icey wrote:
    im sure you could do the same with flyers from whatever sort of music youre into.
    already had that covered :razz:
    I just dont think 'tacky' ornaments are the way to go for anyone though imho.
    I hate all ornaments that dont have a purpose, little bears, dragons, skulls, figurines - whats the point? thats twenty quid you could have spent on getting pissed with your mates.
    Was it really worth 3 or 4 hours grafting to be able to look at a mass produced figurine whenever you wanted? i know this is rather off topic but thats just my stance on ornaments scattered round rooms.

Keep your room simple! Just keep the stuff you really need in there - clothes, cd player, tv, dvd player, dvds, cds & books. Just dont waste your money on the things you mentioned - buy a new game for your ps2 or something you'll probably enjoy it more.
  • Options
    well for what its worth, I dont't drink so the £20 would have gone on KFC or macky D's....

This thread is proving my point that if a girl does see shit like skulls and shit then they will run 5 miles. Then you should be yourself but heres the kicker, I dont know what the fuck I am.

Icey: I take it you hold a grudge against items that just sit there and don't do anything. Which is fine. you have a point. I mean ive seen a huge statue of metal gears solids snake for £100. seems like a good idea when you buy it but then you think "why the fuck did I buy this again?".

Just out of interest, whats in your room Icey?
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    I hate all ornaments that dont have a purpose, little bears, dragons, skulls, figurines - whats the point?
    Me too. Though I make sure all of my functional stuff is pretty instead. I'd rather have a gorgeous hifi on it's own, than a crappy looking plasticky thing surrounded by loads of ornaments that are meant to look good.
  • Options
    Just out of interest, whats in your room Icey?
    Do a search in the anything goes section. I remember there was a thread a while back where people posted pictures of their rooms. Can't remember what it was called though. Maybe someone else remembers.
  • Options
    well truth be told i sort of have two rooms.
    One room (my actual bedroom) just has a bed, wardrobe, bookcase (which houses all my dvds & cds), bedside table with my portable dvd player and a lamp on it and a chest of drawers.
    My 'other room' which is not just mine but its mostly me who goes in there has a sofa bed, my stereo, pc, xbox & tv. oh, and a chair for the pc.
    Pretty basic but it does the trick and looks nice also. all the fittings and fixtures match and go well together (colour matching etc, so no black painted walls & lime green carpets or anything)

ETA: this is the photos of bedrooms thread: http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=102650&highlight=picture+room (mine is in there)
  • Options
    I don't think you can get black paint for walls...
    lime green carpet, would rather have bare floors
  • Options
    you get the point though.. :lol:
  • Options
    wow talk about over thinking something! Just have in your bedroom what you want to be in there, who gives a shit what anyone else likes they don't have to live in it do they. Simple really
  • Options
    wow talk about over thinking something! Just have in your bedroom what you want to be in there, who gives a shit what anyone else likes they don't have to live in it do they. Simple really

:thumb:

I have been trying to think of a way to say that but you said it perfectly.
  • Options
    I think I should just leave it plain.
  • Options

:yes:
  • Options

Yes.

I do always put teddy in a drawer before I go out though, just in case ;)
  • Options
    :grump:
  • Options
    its not real ya know, plus its only an alien.

I know it's not really but i don't like it.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    I know it's not really but i don't like it.

I quite liked the skull, which raises the point that some girls are going to like it where others arent so you might as well just make sure you have a room that you like. Don't worry about what other people think.
  • Options
    and I really didnt like the Iron Man one very much, but seeing as im not the one whos going to be shagging you, it matters very little.
    Keep them all!!
  • Options
    T.B.H I dont like the Iron man that much either.....

Im more of a Carnage and Venom fan

but when I went to buy both, venom got sold :impissed:
  • Options
    and I really didnt like the Iron Man one very much, but seeing as im not the one whos going to be shagging you, it matters very little.
    Keep them all!!
    But he asked if it would make a difference with women, and the answer is YES SOME girls won't like it.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    But he asked if it would make a difference with women, and the answer is YES SOME girls won't like it.
    but thats so obvious.
    You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you cant please all of the people all of the time.

I dont mind stuff like that, you hate it. Half the stuff in my house probably wouldnt be to your taste and vice versa. Girls vary as wildly in their taste as boys do. Its a stupid question really - will girls like this, or will girls like that?
  • Options
    I always thought that there was no such thing as a stupid question...

Anyways ladies, thank you for helping in my research.
    and thank you for proving my point.
  • Options
    I always thought that there was no such thing as a stupid question...

Why? One person can't speak for everyone.
  • Options
    personally i don't like them and it seems like something you'd find in a kids room.
    But whatever, i'm not going to be in there any time soon and as long as you haven't got anything that really shouldn't be there then it doesnt really matter. If you're that bothered about them then put them away when you have company.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    personally i don't like them and it seems like something you'd find in a kids room.
    But whatever, i'm not going to be in there any time soon and as long as you haven't got anything that really shouldn't be there then it doesnt really matter. If you're that bothered about them then put them away when you have company.

you just confirmed my worst fear.