Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Too Geeky? Style Tips Please!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    \
  • Options
    this proves that you CAN'T be yourself and get laid!

ha ha ha ....oh wait......

fuck.....
  • Options
    im sad now....
    didn't know you were a les....
    why am I finding out every girl I know's gay
  • Options
    I'm missing something here......

You can be yourself and get laid......and who's a lesbian?
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    By the time you get her up to your bedroom, I would say you're pretty much in there, and the only things likely to scupper your chances, interior decorating wise, are tapestries made out of the skins of prostitutes you've murdered, or a sculpture rendered from toenail clippings and semen.
    That's nothing. I once brought someone back to my room, where I had a full professional lighting rig and camcorder all set up.
  • Options
    oh my mistake, its just most women who wear doc martens and hate men 'play for a different team'

My aplologies sophia.
  • Options
    I have lots of star wars figures, motorbikes, pics of animals / motorbikes, some weird camel thing from spain :thumb: all very geeky. Girls tend to ignore them though, or sometimes they'll find one interesting. For some reason the most interesting bit of my bedroom seems to be my bed :confused::p.

Had one girl who noticed a bottle of 'kalms' and asked me if I got stressed a lot. Thing is, whenever I've been in a girls room, theres always random crap all over the place. But usually its a case of throw the teddies on the floor and cuddle on the bed.
  • Options
    none of those things would bother me. i Dont mind geeks or freaky stuff.
  • Options
    The fact that you're bringing her back to your parents house is far more geeky than anything you can put in the room to decorate it. :p Seriously, lose the hang-ups. If they're combined with every series of Farscape, Stargate and Buffy on DVD, and a poster showing the complete plans of the Starship Enterprise, then she might think you a tad geeky. On their own, there's nothing wrong with any of them. But if you're geeky, then most girls would've picked that up long before you get to the bedroom, so decorate it based on what you like, not some girl you haven't even met yet.
    *points* What they said!

It's just a few items. Like I'm With Stupid said, if your room is *filled* with uber-geeky things, I could understand you angsting about the anti-girl vibes. But they are, as you say, knick knacks. If you're bringing someone to your room & they free out over stuff like that, I'd say good riddence. Me, I have cuddly toys sitting on my bed, & my room is plastered with posters of anime characters & musicians I like. If I brought someone home & they pointed & laughed at the plushies or anime stuff, or whined because the musicians were hotter than them, my response will be "Bye!". It's not even that I'm that obsessed with my possessions that I value them more than a potential partner, but frankly if you're that shallow that a few knick knacks will put you off someone then I ain't interested.

Look at it this way - either it's a one night stand, in which case why should she care you have some geeky stuff. Or it's a relationship, & if she's put off by your hobbies you're best off not getting together.

Also, isn't it kinda sexist to assume girls will be put off? There are female geeks out there! You've already mentioned at least one girl found that skull cute.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Imwithstupid: your my hero!

ok, for the girls who said they like stuff like photos and candles and the like... (sorry if this offends anybody) your girls! Your supposed to like that stuff, if a bloke had all that stuff in his room, It would be a little camp wouldn't it?

I put the stuff in storage and gonna have to do some thinking.

B.T.W what anime characters do you have on your wall puss in boots?
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    I can't tell if you're joking about this or not... :o
    Christ, I didn't turn any of them on or anything, they were just there. I was shooting a scene for a film earlier that day.
  • Options
    ill bet....
    whats in your bedroom then I.W.S?
  • Options
    whats in your bedroom then I.W.S?
    My room. I'd be embarrassed to let anyone in that shit-tip at the moment. I'm currently in my "I'm moving out soon, I couldn't give a shit" phase. But let me think. I've got two TV's, a VCR, DVD Player, surround sound amp, speakers, set-top box, (most of which isn't actually hooked up, it's just there), a computer, a single bed (:grump: damn parents house), a few film posters (Rocky, Jaws, Pulp Fiction and Finding Nemo if you must know), old uni advertisement posters, a simpsons mirror, a random pile of Christmas/birthday presents in the corner that just never got put away, and the greatest DVD collection known to man. My ex didn't have an issue with any of it though, but my ridiculous collection of electrical equipment always raises the odd eyebrow. But it beats the usual underpants drying on a radiator that was an everpresent at university.
  • Options
    cool beans...
  • Options
    I couldn't be doing with a room full of 'knick knacks' tbh. I'm not at all into 'sci-fi' so if I met a guy who was into sci-fi and he had loads of models/figurines, I would be put off.

My room however, looks like the video to Lady Marmalade, so I'm no better really :lol:
  • Options
    Whenever I'm in a lad's room, the last thing I'm doing is looking round at their bits and bobs...! (As in, room accessories, hahaha)

Have whatever you want mate, it's your room and your space to do what you want with!
  • Options
    she shouldn't really be put off by your room. there's more to a person than their bedroom.

if a lad judged me by my bedroom he'd think i was 8 or something.
  • Options
    from writing all this do I sound like a dweeb?
  • Options
    You sound like you care to much what other people think. You're asking us whether an ornament will turn off some hypothetical girl who you haven't actually got to your room yet. There's plenty of things that people might feel insecure about if they brought a girl back to your room. The decor shouldn't be one of them.
  • Options
    im gonna be quiet now.....
  • Options
    if a guy had all photos and candles in his room, id assume he had a girlfriend who was out, or his mum decorated his room tbh.
  • Options
    if a guy had all photos and candles in his room, id assume he had a girlfriend who was out, or his mum decorated his room tbh.

Me as well. Of course, it does depend what/who the photos are of.
  • Options
    My friend had a load of scented candles in his room, and one of those fairy light grid things above the headboard of his bed. I think he thought of himself as a bit of a casanova.
  • Options
    do you mean those glass things with that cloth fairy in the middle that lights up cause my sisters got those.

I thought about getting some black candles but decided against it.

I put my stuff away cause johnnys gotta grow up
  • Options
    black candles?
  • Options
    something like these
  • Options
    something like these

are you trying to attract a freak to your bedroom? ;)
  • Options
    that depends...are you a freak? :naughty:

Nah really im trying to go for the goth/grunge/emo (or whatever you wanna call it) in my room but am only fumbling with ideas.