Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Paying for it?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Illusion is all I can get so...
    Surely your better than this lifeless?

Im not the most confident guy in the world but I would never stoop to having to pay for it.

come on mate, surely you can go after a girl you want without fear?
    would you rather your first time meant something or not?
    Sofie wrote:
    would you rather your first time meant something or not?

I'd rather actually have a first time...
    Surely your better than this lifeless?

Im not the most confident guy in the world but I would never stoop to having to pay for it.

No. I can't say I would either. When I made this post I had a extremely bad week and I was more than a little suicidal. And when I feel low this kind of idea comes into my head. I kinda wish I could take this thread back.
    come on mate, surely you can go after a girl you want without fear?

Umm, have you read my posts?
    Your first time will come - just wait for it.
    thats the depression talking. I KNOW you don't mean that.

Know how I know? im the same! only difference is I don't focus on it all the time. I get fucked off with girls as well but I can't go blaming them for not liking me cause its their choice and most of the time I don't put in the effort.
    Just build on improving yourself rather than posting silly posts about going to brothels.
    Sofie wrote:
    Your first time will come - just wait for it.

Nope. It won't.
    thats the depression talking. I KNOW you don't mean that.

Know how I know? im the same! only difference is I don't focus on it all the time. I get fucked off with girls as well but I can't go blaming them for not liking me cause its their choice and most of the time I don't put in the effort.
    Just build on improving yourself rather than posting silly posts about going to brothels.

Yes. But I've been through the whole improvment stage and nothing came out of it. Nothing changed. I can't see anything changing in the future. So, why bother?
    With that attitude it won't happen. How old are you, btw?
    Not with any attitude. I'm 22.
    Maybe, but he has some interesting points. Society has unrealistic standards, but if one wants to go around those standards one will be berated like an infant.
    Anyone else get the feeling this guy is a troll? :eek2:
    Always best to assume not. Even if he is, there's always plenty of people who may feel the same way, but just read rather than posting.
    I am of the opinion - do as you please.
    Although unless you're well protected you may very well end up paying for it...
    Lifeless wrote:
    Yup, thats me.
    :lol:
    if you want to do it. do it. its your body after all.
    Pros:
    It's experience.
    It would relieve some anxiety/frustration.
    It might make me less resentful.
    No feelings involved to get hurt.
    I get to have sex.
    Can actually say I've had sex.
    Might be fun.

Cons:
    Might catch something.
    It might make me feel worse.
    There's a stigma attached to it.
    Might be difficult to explain in future relationships. (Not that Im gonna have any)
    Might get addicted to paying for it.
    No feelings involved.
    Lifeless wrote:
    Might catch something.

Not if you use protection and use it properly. Remember, it's not just prostitues that carry around STIs & STDs. You can catch them off anyone you have sex with. (not saying that everyone is infection though)
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I have and enjoyed it.

Not as fun as taking some random bird home from town though. It's always better when they're up for it too - and when you've have to put the effort in.
    Weekender Offender 
    One of my flatmates regularly goes kerb crawling and brings them back to the crib.

I almost paid for it once, but it was a drunken misunderstanding, I thought she was some random girl chatting me up, next thing I know I'm at a cash machine and she's rolling off her price list and I'm like nooooo :yuck:
    Lifeless wrote:
    Might be difficult to explain in future relationships. (Not that Im gonna have any)

No feelings involved.

One, there will be feelings involved on your side at least, it will probably make you feel worse in the longrun.

You also wont get a relationship if you constantly think that no-one is intrested in you or you'll never meet someone. Etc.
    Sex is supposed to be part of a relationship where Love is involved. You may become attached and want more. This happens I suppose. Be carfull. This may sour any future relationship you have. At the end of the day though its your life to lead.
    Oh sod the idea of sex as a meaningful and integral part of a relationship. It doesn't have to be, it can be a dirty fuck with a girl you will never meet again.

If you are too shy to talk to girls properly I have a feeling you will be too frightened to book a hooker too. Sort out the confidence and you'll get your bones jumped.
    You also wont get a relationship if you constantly think that no-one is intrested in you or you'll never meet someone. Etc.

But why hide from the truth? It's never gonna happen...
    Skive wrote:
    I have and enjoyed it.

Really? Did it effect any of your relationships?
    Kermit wrote:
    If you are too shy to talk to girls properly I have a feeling you will be too frightened to book a hooker too. Sort out the confidence and you'll get your bones jumped.

I'm only shy because of the constant fear of (eventual) rejection. And if a prostitute rejects me I will truely go nuts.
    Lifeless wrote:
    I'm only shy because of the constant fear of (eventual) rejection. And if a prostitute rejects me I will truely go nuts.

What is it about rejection that you fear so much?
    Because it hurts like hell. And I just don't have the strength to withstand it anymore.
    “Pay for it? Why bother? There's plenty of sex to be had for free.”
    I've been rejected by a stripper, and I had money. I'm still hanging in there. Some people might not be meant to have mutual affection. Who knows.

Do whatever you feel you want to do. At the very least it will be eventful.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Lifeless wrote:
    Really? Did it effect any of your relationships?

It's not something I'd shout about. A few my mates know - but then most of them have paid for it at some point too.
    Weekender Offender 
    \
    sophia wrote:
    It won't solve any of your problems though, other than temporarily relieving a bit of sexual frustration, and a wank will do that. Sleeping with a prostitute is not real experience at anything; it's certainly not going to give you any useful pointers about how to please a woman in bed if you eventually do find one who wants to sleep with you.

Agreed. Sophia - remember that all women are different, but you are right.
    "Can actually say I have had sex"?! Who to, exactly? Your mates? You family? And what about when they ask who with? "Oh, I was too bitter and resentful of women to have any hope of ever getting a girlfriend, so I decided to lose my virginity to a prostitute". Wow, what a lovely story that's going to make.

Indeed. And how the hell would you explain that to any future girlfriends you have?
    Yes, it might be fun...but as first times go, it sounds very seedy and depressing, and remember that it'll only be fun for you; she's not exactly going to be having the time of her life.

Indeed. And it might not be what you expect.
    junker wrote:
    I've been rejected by a stripper, and I had money.

Eh? Strippers and prostitutes aren't one and the same.

In a general sense, I don't have a problem with people paying for sex. I know a hell of a lot of people who have done so in the past and I wouldn't brand them as pathetic or similar.

But the difference being that they did it to get their kicks and try something they hadn't done so before, not because they felt like it might further their sexual (and romantic?) experience with women. I don't think that's good motivation for doing something that I reckon is only going to make you feel a hundred times worse afterwards. If you're desperate for a shag then go for it, but don't think it's going to alter anything other than the semantics of actually having being inside a woman.
    I meant for a dance... not sex. Sorry about that.