Home Drink & Drugs
At The Mix, we want to make our services as helpful as we can. To do this, we’d love to ask you a few questions about you, your visit to The Mix and its impact. It should take only about 5-10 minutes to complete. Take this survey and get a chance at winning a £200 Amazon voucher​.
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Sign up here
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Enjoying a mellower approach to drugs

2

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Tweety wrote:
    You call a drug dealer a reliable score?:chin:

    Do you all think that everyone should think like you then? Like i have already said, they are my opinions, i am not slating yours, so why do you feel the need to slate mine?
    If i wanted a debate about it i would have posted in p&d.

    Because your "opinion" is just downright wrong and full of misinformation. Why would a dealer sell dodgy gear to their customers? Nice way to get them all back eh? You've seen the facts, less than 20 people a year on average die from ecstacy tablets yet over 4,000 by alcohol. I have an aunty who died from drink and left 4 children behind, I don't want people to give up drinking if they have kids. Alcohol can turn you into a depressed self-centred aggresive maniac. E's can make you depressed, anxious and by caining them turn you into a stupid mess. But if you use either responsibly then there's no problem. You assume that hard drugs turn people into monsters that just wouldn't dare look after their kids becase all they want is their next fix. CoT has already said he takes them responsibly so what's your deal? You're being a hypocrite here. A big one at that.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Because your "opinion" is just downright wrong and full of misinformation.

    In YOUR opinion.
    Why would a dealer sell dodgy gear to their customers? Nice way to get them all back eh?

    You think all dealers are so honest do you? I've seen it happen. Maybe you have just been lucky.


    As for the rest, i am not going on any facts, i'm going on personal experiences which say alot more than some facts made to read how people want.
    As for being a hypocrite, maybe i am maybe i'm not, i don't really care. It's my opinion and no person who decides to slate it is going to change that.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Tweety wrote:
    You think all dealers are so honest do you? I've seen it happen. Maybe you have just been lucky.

    Yes, clients will build up a good relationship with their dealer. Most dealers I know are sound men just making a living. Not the dodgy guy in the back alley selling coke to kids.

    You are being a hypocrite.

    You're saying it's ok for an adult to drink alcohol if they have kids as long as they're responsible.

    You're saying it's not ok for an adult to use Ecstacy or Coke if they have kids if they are responsible. And you're argument for this is "there's all sorts of stuff in hard drugs" Weak argument. You've been presented facts that counter this argument and you still hold your position. You're deliberately being obtuse here.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yerascrote wrote:
    You're saying it's not ok for an adult to use Ecstacy or Coke if they have kids if they are responsible. And you're argument for this is "there's all sorts of stuff in hard drugs" Weak argument. You've been presented facts that counter this argument and you still hold your position. You're deliberately being obtuse here.

    What facts? The fact that alcohol does harm, I KNOW THAT, but at least it's watched, people KNOW whats in it. Dispite what you say, you don't know that the drugs you get from someone is going to be what you asked for. I have seen it happen, how can you can it's wrong just because you haven't?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Tweety wrote:
    What facts? The fact that alcohol does harm, I KNOW THAT, but at least it's watched, people KNOW whats in it. Dispite what you say, you don't know that the drugs you get from someone is going to be what you asked for. I have seen it happen, how can you can it's wrong just because you haven't?

    There are ecstacy testing kits to find out what you're getting. There's actually a thread about them now. Anyway, there's not going to be any killer chemicals inside pills so that aspect can be ruled out.

    I gave you the facts, less than 20 people a year die from ecstacy. What's there not to get? People die form drugs and leave kids, it's very unfortunate, people die from cigarettes and alcohol and leave kids, it's very unfortunate.

    It's not right to tell people to go off hard drugs, there's a social stigma attached to them which is very wrong IMO, he seems like a decent lad. A pill at the weekend or the odd line of coke is the same to me as going to the local for a few. Doesn't mean it inhibits his ability to raise his child or put his body in any real danger. I suppose you actually have to experience the drug life to understand all this.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yerascrote wrote:
    There are ecstacy testing kits to find out what you're getting. There's actually a thread about them now. Anyway, there's not going to be any killer chemicals inside pills so that aspect can be ruled out.

    I gave you the facts, less than 20 people a year die from ecstacy. What's there not to get? People die form drugs and leave kids, it's very unfortunate, people die from cigarettes and alcohol and leave kids, it's very unfortunate.

    It's not right to tell people to go off hard drugs, there's a social stigma attached to them which is very wrong IMO, he seems like a decent lad. A pill at the weekend or the odd line of coke is the same to me as going to the local for a few. Doesn't mean it inhibits his ability to raise his child or put his body in any real danger. I suppose you actually have to experience the drug life to understand all this.

    I do have some. At the end of the day, my view isn't going to change from anything you have told me as i already knew most of it anyway.
    Can't you just understand that drugs aren't for everyone and that some people are against hard drugs? For whatever reason, it shouldn't matter.

    I am not looking down on him or anything, i just personally think he would be better off not doing them. Simple.
    At the end of the day it's not like hes gonna stop doing them because i said i didn't think it was a good idea.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ok. :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Can't see much responsibility in here!

    If an opinion is not harmful, eg insulting, harmful etc, then repect it. Well that's the responsible approach.

    From my limited experience of life i'd say drugs are a big no no. Mind you I say that by and large to drink also.

    Parenting is a responsible and rewarding part of life, who in their right mind would want to throw it all away?

    Forget the whole drug debate, can't be arsed with it and it's irrelevent anyways.

    The fact of the matter is by meddling in illegal substances you are comitting a crime and by comitting a crime you risk fines and custodial sentences. Plus you are throwing money away.


    "mummy, why can't I have a bike, birthday party, go to uni etc...."

    "because daddy has snorted it all up his nose, spent it on fines, bail etc...."

    There's also


    "mummy, where's daddy? he never spends any time with us"

    "in prison, doing community service, down the police station....again, out thieving to feed his habit etc..."


    Oh and the extreme


    "mummy, where's daddy now?"

    "he's dead dear, he had a bad batch, ran a foul of the mob, overdosed etc..."



    So no, drugs and parenting do not mix, in my humble opinion. After all I only have the law and social services on my side.....oh and of course society who spawned them.


    If you want to ruin your own life, do it. But leave everybody else out!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Marmite wrote:
    Can't see much responsibility in here!

    If an opinion is not harmful, eg insulting, harmful etc, then repect it. Well that's the responsible approach.

    From my limited experience of life i'd say drugs are a big no no. Mind you I say that by and large to drink also.

    Parenting is a responsible and rewarding part of life, who in their right mind would want to throw it all away?

    Forget the whole drug debate, can't be arsed with it and it's irrelevent anyways.

    The fact of the matter is by meddling in illegal substances you are comitting a crime and by comitting a crime you risk fines and custodial sentences. Plus you are throwing money away.


    "mummy, why can't I have a bike, birthday party, go to uni etc...."

    "because daddy has snorted it all up his nose, spent it on fines, bail etc...."

    There's also


    "mummy, where's daddy? he never spends any time with us"

    "in prison, doing community service, down the police station....again, out thieving to feed his habit etc..."


    Oh and the extreme


    "mummy, where's daddy now?"

    "he's dead dear, he had a bad batch, ran a foul of the mob, overdosed etc..."



    So no, drugs and parenting do not mix, in my humble opinion. After all I only have the law and social services on my side.....oh and of course society who spawned them.


    If you want to ruin your own life, do it. But leave everybody else out!


    all of what you have said is the WORSE case scenario,
    As many people have said, you can enjoy drugs safely, and most people do, too many people have the "because drugs are illegal, they wreck lives, turn people into viscious monsters e.t.c" attitude, which as i said only happens in the worse case scenarios.

    I'd say drugs and parenting can mix, but only if you are careful, exactly in the same way that drinking and parenting can mix.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    jake0 wrote:
    all of what you have said is the WORSE case scenario,
    As many people have said, you can enjoy drugs safely, and most people do, too many people have the "because drugs are illegal, they wreck lives, turn people into viscious monsters e.t.c" attitude, which as i said only happens in the worse case scenarios.

    I'd say drugs and parenting can mix, but only if you are careful, exactly in the same way that drinking and parenting can mix.

    Exactly!:thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The last few months I have slowly been dipping my toe back into the water with regards to drugs.

    I enjoy it now again, but in a much different way.

    I used to be immature and irresponsible. I would get completely shit faced, and not just half shit faced, I mean because of drugs (obviously influenced by my attitude at the time - but none of the less the drugs pushed me over the edge) I have been arressted countless times, I have been done for drunk and disorderly's, I have woken up so many times with no memory, I have woken up in alley's having lost of all my belongings, I have caused big relationship problems as I get a bit erm, loved up and care free etc.

    But these days, I have found out if I take my time, e.g. doing a tiny bit of coke at a time, or half a pill to start and another like 4 hours later, I am staying in control.

    I also feel like this is majorly influenced by the fact I am a much more mature and responsible person now, and I understand that I need to stay in control as anything stupid I do will affect my life hugely.. and the life of my son.

    Anyway, just fancied writing it down as I've been thinking about it a while now.

    The only thing that scares me is that if I break up with my girlfriend I would be back to major depressed (right now I am just averagely depressed) and go off the rails again and back to my old idiotic self. That part of it makes me think maybe I should just be tee total.

    What about you, how do you take drugs? get completely monged? enjoyed a social line and smoke? Do you stay in control of yourself and manage yourself appropriately?
    been there done that ...no i haven;t read beyond this post.
    but isn't it nice when you can come back to your little drop of poison in a saner manner.
    look back and laugh ...look back and gasp!
    move forward with respect.
    all the best cheeseot.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    For having such a stupid name, Yerascrote talks alot of sense. ;)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Marmite wrote:
    Can't see much responsibility in here!

    If an opinion is not harmful, eg insulting, harmful etc, then repect it. Well that's the responsible approach.

    Suggesting that drug use equates to bad parenting is insulting to many, i'd imagine.
    Forget the whole drug debate, can't be arsed with it and it's irrelevent anyways.

    It's completely relevent - and you know your arguments (if you actually have any) won't hold up.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Shogun wrote:
    catch a grip tweety/...its 2006 ///not 0006
    big difference though mate in the year 0006 ...everything was legal back then.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yep! Even buggering your neighbours son while you drank the urine of his daughter before slaughtering his Cow and Chickens for dinner! Thats how good 0006 was!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :lol: :crazyeyes :thumb:
    Bullseye wrote:
    Yep! Even buggering your neighbours son while you drank the urine of his daughter before slaughtering his Cow and Chickens for dinner! Thats how good 0006 was!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Spliffie wrote:
    Suggesting that drug use equates to bad parenting is insulting to many, i'd imagine.

    Illegal substance use is not deserving or worthy of respect, simple reason being that it is a crime and is harmful to others. Like I said, non harmful beliefs ad opinions are worthy of respect.

    Spliffie wrote:
    It's completely relevent - and you know your arguments (if you actually have any) won't hold up.

    My arguements against illegal substance abuse hold up very well to resonable people and are indeed irrelevent in this case, as my simple line of reasoning is that criminal behaviour and parenting is not a healthy mix. Like I pointed out, your can't parent very well behind bars and snorting all the family money up your nose and not investing in your child/childrens future can hardly be deemed responsible.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Wow, what I thought was going to be an enjoyable thread is actually pretty shite.

    For the record I have never taken drugs in front of any child, and no, I don't even return to my child after a night out, it's always when one of the grandparents has got him that I finally get to relax.

    I would go into some of the decisions I've made regarding drugs this weekend but I just can't be arsed.

    Cheers,

    Phil

    PS. thanks to the people who posted supportive comments and marmite, you're a fucking idiot. well done.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Marmite wrote:
    Illegal substance use is not deserving or worthy of respect, simple reason being that it is a crime and is harmful to others. Like I said, non harmful beliefs ad opinions are worthy of respect.




    My arguements against illegal substance abuse hold up very well to resonable people and are indeed irrelevent in this case, as my simple line of reasoning is that criminal behaviour and parenting is not a healthy mix. Like I pointed out, your can't parent very well behind bars and snorting all the family money up your nose and not investing in your child/childrens future can hardly be deemed responsible.

    Jesus get down to earth, or stop posting here because no ones interested in what you've got to say.

    Muppet. :wave:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    marmite, you're a fucking idiot. well done.

    Wow, Resorting to insults, how big of you :rolleyes:

    I'm a productve and well respected member of the comunity, do you class me as an idiot because I have a firm stance against crime? Or because I believe, as responsible parents we should protect our children?

    Some people can handle drinking over the limit and still drive safely, should it be legalised? No, because they and you(if what you say is all true) are the minority and the majority should be protected. If you genuinely keep it away from your children, good, but it's still not healthy. How do you react later in life if your son becomes a user. Do you applaud it? or do you become hypocritical and condem it? What happens if you fall down the slippery slope?

    Laws exist to try and protect individuals, not only from others but from themselves. You yourself pointed out things were bad before, what makes it different this time? You can still slide back down, most do.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    dont even need to argue with you tbh, your posts say it all :thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Uprising wrote:
    Jesus get down to earth, or stop posting here because no ones interested in what you've got to say.

    Muppet. :wave:


    This is an open forum, as such it's a place for people wth differing opinions to express them. If you can't handle someone having a difference of opinion, I suggest it is you who should stop posting.

    Sorry, get down to earth? Right open the prisons, let the pedo's, murderers and rapists go! It is 2006 and not 1906 after all :rolleyes:

    Muppet:wave:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Marmite wrote:
    Illegal substance use is not deserving or worthy of respect, simple reason being that it is a crime and is harmful to others. Like I said, non harmful beliefs ad opinions are worthy of respect.

    Only retards use that argument. Just because something has an illegal status doesn't mean it's a just law, nor does it mean the whatever is prohibited is immoral or dangerous.
    My arguements against illegal substance abuse hold up very well to resonable people and are indeed irrelevent in this case, as my simple line of reasoning is that criminal behaviour and parenting is not a healthy mix. Like I pointed out, your can't parent very well behind bars and snorting all the family money up your nose and not investing in your child/childrens future can hardly be deemed responsible.

    People don't go to jail for personal use, silly cock, and doing drugs doesn't equate to financial problems either - no more than heading to the pub on a saturday does. Idiot.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Spliffie wrote:
    Only retards use that argument. Just because something has an illegal status doesn't mean it's a just law, nor does it mean the whatever is prohibited is immoral or dangerous.

    Indeed not, but once you try to justify breaking the law in one instance it all comes crashing down. The line has been drawn. To you drug use is acceptable, to some pedophilia is acceptable. You can' pick and choose
    Spliffie wrote:
    People don't go to jail for personal use, silly cock, and doing drugs doesn't equate to financial problems either - no more than heading to the pub on a saturday does. Idiot.

    Drink parenting is also a bad idea, and drugs do cost alot of money, just like drink. The majority of street crime is drug related, is that good to you?
    No you don't go to jail for personal use, but you do for dealing, somebody mentioned dealers with kids on this thread. Also many nefarious activities connected with drug use can land you in for a spell.



    Why is it people always resort to insults. Usually when they are in the wrong, immature and irresponsible.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    marmite
    The line has been drawn. To you drug use is acceptable, to some pedophilia is acceptable. You can' pick and choose.

    This is a somewhat confused statement, and appears to follow a slippery-slope form of reasoning. Drug use and Paedophilla are very complex, highly personal and largely distinct issues and so it makes virtually no sense to compare the two because it steam-rollers over the complexities of both debates.

    People act independently of the law all the time and often make value judgements as to the value of a legal barrier in a given situation at any one time. What you are saying here is that any confrontation with the law is an affront to the idea of consensual legality, which it quite plainly isn't.

    The idea that illega substance use is not worthy of respect is extremely simplistic and harmful. You recognise that dealing an related nefarious activities are the route cause of most drug related harm in a wider social
    context, and then dismiss andy attempt to tackle usage or move it into more of a treatment form of management, rather than a law enforcement one.

    Your arguement seems a little confused.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    marmite



    This is a somewhat confused statement, and appears to follow a slippery-slope form of reasoning. Drug use and Paedophilla are very complex, highly personal and largely distinct issues and so it makes virtually no sense to compare the two because it steam-rollers over the complexities of both debates.

    People act independently of the law all the time and often make value judgements as to the value of a legal barrier in a given situation at any one time. What you are saying here is that any confrontation with the law is an affront to the idea of consensual legality, which it quite plainly isn't.

    The idea that illega substance use is not worthy of respect is extremely simplistic and harmful. You recognise that dealing an related nefarious activities are the route cause of most drug related harm in a wider social
    context, and then dismiss andy attempt to tackle usage or move it into more of a treatment form of management, rather than a law enforcement one.

    Your arguement seems a little confused.

    A welcome change from petty insults:)

    To clarify a bit. When somebody acts in a manner that causes harm I do not deem them to be respectable and hence worthy of my respect, drug use/abuse causes both direct and indirect harm. I can still respect an individual on other merits tho.

    I am of the stance that parents who use drugs and do not attempt to remedy that situation are not worthy of my respect, along with drug users who dismiss the fact that their acts contribute any harm to others.

    In short, before being bombarded with insults, I was merely putting my opinion across that parenting and drug use doesn't mix. Cheeseontoast himself says he's been in the gutter with it, what's stopping that slide now? Surely it's in his and his families best interests for him to give it up.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Someone close this thread.

    If an individual wants to take drugs, it can be anything like alcohol, cannabis, cocaine, ecstacy, whatever..they can do so.

    It really doesn't make a difference if he has a child as long as the drug taking does not affect the child, as in the case of cheesontoast i'd say his child does not suffer in the slighest.

    You really don't have a clue marmite.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It really is pathetic, somebody opposes a view and so people resort to insults.


    http://www.scie.org.uk/publications/briefings/briefing06/index.asp

    At the end of the day I can only hope that children of parents who do drugs escape the all to common and very real effects.

    Recently a young boy was put into care and a mother into custody when it was discovered she was supplying her son with drugs.http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/4797631.stm Another recent case involved police breaking into a flat when neighbours reported a crying baby and nobody answering the door. The police found a young mother dead from an overdose and a highly distressed baby. There have even been children born with addictions due to mothers using throughout pregnancy. These cases are on the rise.

    So is it any wonder some might think it a bad idea in general.

    Besides, kids aint stupid and you wont be able to hide it from them forever

    Yes i'm anti drugs, but that hardly makes me an idiot, just means my family and I don't have the direct risks.

    Likewise, though legal, smoking and drinking around children are also big no nos in my opinion.

    Yes please close this thread. All reasoning has been lost.

    Hopefully i'll never have to break tragic news like this, but if (and more than likely when) I do, I will think back to this and feel very sad that people tnk this type of thing as socially acceptable.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Let's just set one thing straight, this is especially for you marmite -

    Where the FUCK in this sentence of questions -
    What about you, how do you take drugs? get completely monged? enjoyed a social line and smoke? Do you stay in control of yourself and manage yourself appropriately?

    Did I ask whether or not I should be taking drugs and whether or not it affects my parenting?????

    I DIDNT!

    So don't come into my fucking thread making completely irrelevant statements and expect not to get insulted for it you fucking idiot.

    And with regards to the insults, if you had said things about my parenting like that in real life I probably would've smacked you in the face so go fuck yourself.

    The past 16 months I have worked upto 90 hours per week every week to provide for my family, so if once a month/bi-month I fancy a spliff or a pill on a night out then there really is no harm, apart from the possible effects I have talked about on myself, which is WHY I now take a different approach to it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    go off the rails again and back to my old idiotic self. That part of it makes me think maybe I should just be tee total.

    So people agreeing with the quote YOU said above are wrong?:chin:
Sign In or Register to comment.