Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I could use some help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've smoked cannabis for quite a while. I've taken pills for quite a while. The last 3 days at a festival I've been drinking, smoking continuously and have taken more pills than I've been used to.

At moments I have a phase of 'normal' thinking which gives me enough time to realise that im more paranoid than I've ever been. Hearing stuff, not feeling safe walking home, having my outlook on a lot of things altered and being left with this new 'self' whilst being shit-scared that I won't get back to normal.

I've seen some loopy shit the last few days. Very real hallucinations that I've not been used to but have enjoyed a lot. I know I've had too much and i'll know that in future, just like I knew I had drank too much over the park when I had my first hangover.

This is just a tad more worrying. Just for some people to say its common would be a help and any advice appreciated.. Because I don't like being in a state where I have to invite people round my house at 12 out of worry being on my own in silence. Yep. I fucked up.

Comments

• Options
    It gets easier once all the substances have worn out you will return to a state of normality but then your probably want to do it all again!!
    With regards to paranoia its easy to say but you have to in your moments of "normal" thinking remember that it is all not real. I get the hearing things all the time when on gear especially walking home, I usually get voices coming from trees and hear keys jangling all the time.
  • Options
    I remember at my last festival I cained lots on the first night and walking about hearing voices in my head. This will eventually subside, I think you've just give your brain and body a good ole seeing to and it's having a hard time adjusting to normality. Just take it easy next time.
  • Options
    Allnighters and sleep deprivation make me feel terrible but I feel better after lots of rest. I'd recommend chilling out.
  • Options
    Stop smoking cannabis, have a good long kip, eat a decent meal. You'll more than likely be OK in a day or two.
  • Options
    How much have you slept in those three days?

If the answer is not much at all, then that will cause your mind to go a bit funny by itself, let alone with a handful of pills.

Like Blagsta says, decent meals and lots of sleep.
  • Options
    Eat, eat, eat.
    Sleep, sleep, sleep.

No drugs, keep yourself really well hydrated. Watch some funny movies occupy your mind so you're not concious of any paranoid thoughts etc you may have.

You'll be back on track in a matter of days depending how bad you've done yourself in.

Oh yeah and make sure you sleep at night no matter what, only sleep in the day if you really are exhausted.