Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Changing bank details

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I tried to open a student account and they told me that since one form of ID had my flat number on it (my statement) and the other didn't (my provisional) that I had to either wait until i got my matriculation card or I had to send away to the DVLA for a new license with my flat number on it.

My problem is that the day I enrol/get my matric card I also have to hand in my SAAS letter which obviously has my old account details on it so I'd have to hand that in, go to the bank, get an account and then send away to the student loans company and then go back to uni, no?

Even then I will be missing the uni around and I don't want to do that on the first day :p

Also I am sitting my driving test in 3 weeks so I don't see the point in sending away my license when it might not be returned in time and even if it is, to have it changed again when I pass.

Any thoughts/ advice would be helpful.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    they just need a few forms of ID showing the same address, doesn't necessarily ahve to be a driving licence.

do you mean one is your home address and one is your uni flat?
    if so, open the a/c with your home address then once its open fill out a change of address form.
    Or get your loan paid into an existing account and then transfer the money across, that's what I do.
    otter wrote:
    they just need a few forms of ID showing the same address, doesn't necessarily ahve to be a driving licence.

do you mean one is your home address and one is your uni flat?
    if so, open the a/c with your home address then once its open fill out a change of address form.

I don't have any other forms of ID, as stupid as it sounds.

No, I mean they are all the same address.
    Do you have two things with the same address on? A payslip, a bill, a driving license?

If so take those two into the bank and get the account opened for that address. Once you have the account sorted, you can deal with changing the correspondance address. If you don't have two pieces of paper with a matching address on then go into the bank and ask for their advice.
    Are you changing your existing current account to a student account (at the same bank etc)? If you are then it will have the same sort code and account number anyway so it wouldn't be a problem to use these details straight away.

Have you really not got anything else they would accept?
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Are you changing your existing current account to a student account (at the same bank etc)? If you are then it will have the same sort code and account number anyway so it wouldn't be a problem to use these details straight away.

Have you really not got anything else they would accept?
    Nope, different bank.

Just received a letter saying to bring in my birth certificate and they'll open it - I TOOK MY BLOODY BIRTH CERTIFICATE THE FIRST TIME !!! :mad: