Home› Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

PEP fact file?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Mods...any chance of producing a fact file on thesite for PEP pills and other 'legal ecstasy alternatives'? It seems as someone else mentioned that these threads keep popping up all the time. It would be handy to have an unbiased source of information for visitors to refer to.

And if not...how about we collect some useful info in here?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm currently researching these things myself, I'm concerned about them people seem to be necking them back in alarming amounts mixed with god knows what assuming they are safe.

Something nasty is going to happen.
    budda wrote:
    Something nasty is going to happen.
    It will only take one serious incident involving BZP-containing pills, and the press will go wild about them. That's the problem with allowing them to be sold without proper testing.

So far there has only been one reported BZP-related death in the world, which was a woman in Zurich who took two pills and then drank 10 litres of water.
    There have been quite a few (a good few dozen) of hospital admissions because of them, apparently they make seizures more likely, so anyone with epilepsy shouldnt go anywhere near them.

I think you are very right though, at the moment is there really any quality control? These pills are about as well regulated as ecstasy.
    Thing is, its not even just Pep pills...
    Have you seen how many legal highs there are containing BZP now? There are new ones coming out every week!

Obviously everyones jumping on the band waggon!
    But they contain nothing ILLEGAL so the govenment can not ban them!

YET..
    They are controlled under the Medicines Act and as such are illegal to sell.
    http://www.mhra.gov.uk/home/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&useSecondary=true&ssDocName=CON2024549&ssTargetNodeId=389
    Blagsta wrote:

I didnt know that, I knew BZP is used as a treatment for worms in cattle, but I didnt realise that meant it came under the Medicines Act, no wonder when I looked into who was selling the tablets they had all been withdrawn from sale.
    Nasty, nasty drug.

Seriously, at this moment in time you could well be safer with ecstacy.
    I had the worst comedown of my life and not too mention the horrible palpitations/zaps etc and strobe lighting at a rave made me feel like I was going to go over.

Watch out people.
    how many did u take, and what ones?
    JamesZero wrote:
    Thing is, its not even just Pep pills...
    I did say "and others"! But yeah it seems to be the 'in' thing to be making at the moment.
    brad18 wrote:
    But they contain nothing ILLEGAL so the govenment can not ban them!

YET..
    It won't take much effort at all for our government to ban them...
    Blagsta wrote:

But, much like GHB used to be under the Medicines Act as well, could suppliers (as long as they were outside the UK) keep selling them. If I remember rightly importing a drug under the Medicines Act for personal use isnt against the law.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Kimono has been researching PEP pills and the rest of the new breed. In the meantime, do a drugs board seach on Piperazine, BZP or PEP pills to see the information previously posted about them.
    brad18 wrote:
    how many did u take, and what ones?

These big white chalky ones fuck knows which ones. I got given them for free as ecstacy and then got told they were pep pills later on by someone else.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Doesn't it bother you that you had no idea what you were necking?
    LadyJade wrote:
    Doesn't it bother you that you had no idea what you were necking?

It doesnt seem to bother most people who buy from an unknown source.
    It's the risk you take isnt it, I just thought they were average e's.

They felt okay for a while and then it was just speedy nastiness, I also had some coke just remembered now, which will have made it worse.
    I will say though, 9 times out of 10 the pills I take have been tested by people around me so I go on their experiences and most of them pretty much know what they're talking about i.e they know MDMA from Speed and MDA etc so I have a better idea than buying from an unknown source, nobody had tried these pills in question before and they were off someone quite shady so it says a lot really.
    Uprising wrote:
    It's the risk you take isnt it, I just thought they were average e's.

They felt okay for a while and then it was just speedy nastiness, I also had some coke just remembered now, which will have made it worse.

And, I'm guessing you were drinking alcohol into the bargin?
    2 bottles, couldn't stomach it after that so hardly any. I was in a rave as well which made it worse.
    just a note, to save everyone some typing there was a quite productive thread started a few months back, which can be found here and has some useful info;

http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=97575&highlight=pep+pills

:)
    It will only take one serious incident involving BZP-containing pills, and the press will go wild about them. That's the problem with allowing them to be sold without proper testing.

So far there has only been one reported BZP-related death in the world, which was a woman in Zurich who took two pills and then drank 10 litres of water.

As it goes, ended up in hospital with a mate of mine who took pills conatining BZP 2 weeks ago. http://everyonedoesit.com/online_headshop/London_Underground_Smileys.cfm?iProductID=3760 - these were them.

He had 2, and a few cans of red bull. Couldn't stop twitching and shaking, pins and needles all over at first, then couldn't feel his arms and legs. When we got to hospital and he was wired up his heart beat was all over the place. Nobody in the hospital knew anything about the drug, they even phoned poisons control (or whatever it's called) and they didn't have a clue either. Just advised them to let him ride it out.

Read up on it on Erowid afterwards, and there are mixed reactions on there(with quite a few of them being negative experiences). He won't be doing them again thats for shure.
    BZP and all Piperizines it seems are an unknown quantity in the usage methods that are currently being presented with products like PEP pills.

The system doesn't seem to be set up to address, assess and deal with anything that isn't of concern to the tabloid press. Its a cynical view I know but I think its entirely valid, there is an economy of unregulated and poorly understood chemicals being put about at the moment. Information of both users and service providers does not seem to be keeping pace with what is on the market, legal or otherwise.
    The system doesn't seem to be set up to address, assess and deal with anything that isn't of concern to the tabloid press. Its a cynical view I know but I think its entirely valid, there is an economy of unregulated and poorly understood chemicals being put about at the moment. Information of both users and service providers does not seem to be keeping pace with what is on the market, legal or otherwise.

When a few middle class kids top themselves then there will be some quickly written and badly planned law dealing with it. Its always the way.
    The bird that died was becuase of a combination of E and BZP, it was also in excess of 10 litres of water, think about it that what how much they found after she was dead. Massive brain swell.:shocking: not good...

I ended up on life support because of GHB once, I won't be doing that again but it was my fault. I didn't know anything about it and was stupid/drunk enough to take a massive swig of pure liquid.:yuck:

From my personal experience mostly anything in moderation is OK. I personally think it is bollocks that the government are now cracking down on PEP pill sales. It is just more infringement of our freedom of choice. & the mushroom ban OMFG don't get me started.

I had an experience of PEP pills mainly the Yellow Original ones, over 8 hrs I consumed 8, yerh a bit much maybe, but I had an earth shatteringly possitive experience, I didn't drink with them and didn't combine them with any other substance. It was truely brilliant.

Just thought I'd mention I went to a fest here in UK and had PEP pills the 'E' version and the Amphet version.

The 'E' version was ok but the Amphet version... wow! I was mashed beyond the scales of reality it was awesome. The first one had steam coming off my head for 20 minutes while trying to make a spliff with sweaty hands... The other 7 Amphet ones I took (a little over the guidelines, but hey one every hr or so felt good!!) just prolonged the incredible speeded up to fuck mouth munching, chatting everyones head off mania!

- I used to do a lot of speed in my teens but at 27 and none for over 6 years, these were the absolute tits!

And I really haven't got any idea of what come down people are talking about I just felt tired for a day till I slept and was fine...

All I have to say is HAAAARDCORE!!
    Would snorting them be dangerous, or would it make no difference?
    There's no point snorting anything that comes in pill form, novelty waste of time and only serves to damage your nose but can't really nag on, plenty of times where I've snorted pills up the ole snout. :D
    Lol the only reason I used to snort pills was cos I hated waiting so god damn long to come up...but it stings more than speed and you get that nasty taste of pill falling into the back of your throat...at least with coke, it doesn't taste quite so bad!
    magicianh wrote:
    The bird that died was becuase of a combination of E and BZP, it was also in excess of 10 litres of water, think about it that what how much they found after she was dead. Massive brain swell.:shocking: not good...

I ended up on life support because of GHB once, I won't be doing that again but it was my fault. I didn't know anything about it and was stupid/drunk enough to take a massive swig of pure liquid.:yuck:

Two good examples of drugs being dangerous if you dont know what you are doing.

As for snorting these PEP pills, I've got to ask, why? They seem to be of relatively low risk, but their action isnt fully understood so I really wouldnt piss about with them.
    i had a bad experience with PEP pills, they contained BNZPP or whatever it is.. if posted about the experience previously but i just necked em thinking that as they were 'legal/natural ecstasy' theyd be safe... what a mistake..
    awful vomming shakes sweats paranoia and loads more i thought i was guna die
    i think that a fact file on them would be an excellent sensible idea to stop twats like me thinking theyre fine, or at least much safer than ecstasy.