Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

X Factor 2006!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    HELL YEAH RAY'S THROUGH :D:D (Ok, I'll stop it now...)
    Thank fuck for that.
    Missed it, what were the results?
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    katralla wrote:
    Missed it, what were the results?

MacDonalds had the lowest number of votes so were sent home. First week where it was the public vote that decided it, rather than the judges choosing between the bottom 2.

Briggi, I agree with everything you said. Particularly the stuff about Ray. It really narked me that he did My Way. An 18 y/o boy cannot sing that song from the heart. He doesn't have enough life experience for it IMHO.

I enjoyed shang-a-lang and would've liked the MacDonalds to go through based on that performance. Ray needs to go home now. I hate hate hate Ray. He does my head in. Go to Broadway, mate. That's where you belong. And take your swing with you.
    Ray. grrr.
    I can't believe they auditioned however many thousands of people, and they were the best they could find. I have several friends that are more talented and charismatic that all of them put together.

Leona, yeah, she has a beautiful voice, but she is SO predictable and samey and oh god the knees, I quite agree.

Ben has a nice voice too, but about as much stage presence as a piece of cardboard with his picture drawn on.

Ray is 80% cheese and 20% kid on karaoke. I'm sure he'd be great in a college musical or something, but be honest, would you buy his album? I bloody wouldn't.

It makes me sad.
    Mist wrote:
    Ray. grrr.

I like Ray, he adds something that you rarely see these days. Rather than the usuall POP shite, and Rock voice Ben.
    kaffrin wrote:
    I can't believe they auditioned however many thousands of people, and they were the best they could find. I have several friends that are more talented and charismatic that all of them put together.

Leona, yeah, she has a beautiful voice, but she is SO predictable and samey and oh god the knees, I quite agree.

Ben has a nice voice too, but about as much stage presence as a piece of cardboard with his picture drawn on.

Ray is 80% cheese and 20% kid on karaoke. I'm sure he'd be great in a college musical or something, but be honest, would you buy his album? I bloody wouldn't.

It makes me sad.

Aye.
    Ben to win tbh :heart:
    Ray should get into theatre and do Grease.
    Well I have actually been watching this for the past couple of weeks, and I'd buy rays album if he did something like a frank sinatra/rat pack album
    Ben's "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" was amazing, i hope he gets through
    Just voted for Ben :heart:
    film_buff wrote:
    Ben's "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" was amazing, i hope he gets through

Yeah I agree. Hopefully Leona and Ben go through as I just don't like Ray for some reason, and the crying didn't exactly help me warm to him either. :shocking:
    I can't believe Ben was voted out :(

Ray fucking cried, Ray got the votes :grump:
    Gutted
    So glad I didn't watch it.

Can't believe that it is boring, out of tune Ray and no personality at all but a reasonably good voice Leona.

Probably won't watch the final either.

Gutted.
    Ray should get into theatre and do Grease.

HAHAHA. That quiff's gonna come out of my telly and attack my face. :p
    sophia wrote:
    Seriously people, someone must know what I'm talking about! Doesn't anyone else just HATE Leona's vibrato and wobbly lip thing?

I do, she's too Ashanti. Hahah.
    Ooh has Ray gone through? I may watch the final then....even though he's unlikely to win.

That'll be £1 the boyfriend owes me then - this afternoon, "Bet ya £1 Ben wins..." - haha. I might redeem it in sweets.
    If it had come down to a Ben/Leona final then I would've wanted Ben to win, not because I like him that much, but because I cant stand Leona one little bit.

As it stands Ray went through and Im pleased with that cos he's tly one left in it who I actually like.
    Ray fucking cried, Ray got the votes :grump:
    He cried with emotion through singing a song that means something to him. You could see the tears in his eyes as he was singing it.

Leona turned on the waterworks at the end as well, probably when she remembered she was meant to be singing it for her dead cousin or cat or someone so she better look a bit upset.
    Glittery wrote:
    He cried with emotion through singing a song that means something to him. You could see the tears in his eyes as he was singing it.

The ultimate scouse cliche, woo.

Leona does my nut in but she can sing (even if her singing ain't my kind of singing) and is bloody gorgeous so she deserves to win over Ray without a shadow of a doubt. If she doesn't walk it then there isn't any justice in the world, and I will be reminded once again just how stupid people really are. Baa. Eddie Munster for the chop!

All the "fix" allegations of the last week are starting to seem more and more likely :chin:
    tbh people only like ray because he's the next gareth gates, as we seem to have misplaced the first one
    Ballerina wrote:
    tbh people only like ray because he's the next gareth gates, as we seem to have misplaced the first one

I've not actually heard that comparisson before.

Ray is just that cheeky little scouse who the young girls are voting for because he is cute. This is no longer a talent contest IMHO.
    I've not actually heard that comparisson before.

Ray is just that cheeky little scouse who the young girls are voting for because he is cute. This is no longer a talent contest IMHO.
    lol as soon as i saw him i thought gareth gates

maybe its just me!

according to one of my friends who sings, if your lip quivers then it means you're not supporting your voice properly :p
    Ballerina wrote:
    lol as soon as i saw him i thought gareth gates

maybe its just me!

according to one of my friends who sings, if your lip quivers then it means you're not supporting your voice properly :p

I do see what you mean with Ray / Gareth. Just not heard the comparisson before.

Leona does my head in. She's just a Mariah wannabe. However, she does have more talent than Ray has in his little pinkie so she should win. But I don't care either way - don't like them and probably won't watch the final.
    A few points...

Leona has a fantastic voice and deserves to win, irrespective of whether she's got a trembly knee or not. This is backed up by people who wouldn't be seen dead watching the X-Factor grudgingly admitting through gritted teeth that she's got a really good voice.

I don't trust Cowell not to fuck up her career. I'd hate to see her waste her time on upbeat shit that sells, I'd rather see her do covers of epic ballads if need be and be the next Mariah Carey. She's good enough to let her talent speak for itself (like Will Young), however she seems quite naive and that she'd be really easily led.

People should stop moaning at Ray being a one trick pony. It's about showcasing what you're best at (even if you're not great at it) not about trying to force people to do stuff that doesn't suit their voice just so they're seen as being versatile. We aren't looking for a Swiss army knife here, and if Ray does swing then Ray does swing. It's more to do with the fact that swing as a genre grates on you if you hear it too much. Fuck, it was good enough for Sinatra to stick to one genre so it's good enough for some 16 year old kid from Liverpool.

Yep, that'll do for now.