Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dodgy Work?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've finally found myself a part time job, however today i told a so called friend, and asked if this other girl i used to know worked there and she said yes, she didn't stay too long but said there wasn't a reason, so fair enough.

Anyway later tonight i'm on MSN, that so called friend must have told her about this job, and the girl says to me on MSN "There was a reason why i left" "Good Luck". The goes offline.

So i'm sat here left feeling pised off and worried about this job, do you think it sounds a bit dodgy, or was the girl just being spiteful as she never gave the reason why just fucked off offline.

How would others feel?

Pretty pointless thread i know but any opinions would be appreciated :banghead:

Comments

• Options
    well yeah it's a bit late to sweat it now you never know what life has in store for you, and your so called friend could just be on a windup so go and see for yourself, what have you got to lose exactly?......
  • Options
    well yeah it's a bit late to sweat it now you never know what life has in store for you, and your so called friend could just be on a windup so go and see for yourself, what have you got to lose exactly?......

Nothing so far, it's just frustrating that the girl did that and then went offline without giving a reason, it leaves me wondering.

However i have to find out for myself and there is another girl who works there and has done for a while and she seems perfectly happy.

I just worry too much about things you see.
  • Options
    She probably got the chop and is bitter about it. Or it just wasn't her cup of tea. I doubt it's anything to worry about... they're unlikely to be illegal sex-traffickers or beat you with a big tree branch or anything like that :p

See how it goes for yourself, if it's godawful you can walk out the same door you came in :)
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    She probably got the chop and is bitter about it. Or it just wasn't her cup of tea. I doubt it's anything to worry about... they're unlikely to be illegal sex-traffickers or beat you with a big tree branch or anything like that :p

See how it goes for yourself, if it's godawful you can walk out the same door you came in :)

True :) Thank you for replying you two btw i thought no one was going to.

I'm just hoping it wasn't something to do with becoming a little too touchey feeling.
  • Options
    Everyone leaves a job for a reason and alot of people hate the jobs they leave. I'd say its nothing. But thats just me.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Everyone leaves a job for a reason and alot of people hate the jobs they leave. I'd say its nothing. But thats just me.

Yeah, i just get the impression it was meant in a nasty way, "I did leave for a reason btw lol, Good Luck"

It's like saying haha good luck loser or something like that, if you know what i mean, just laughing in my face.
  • Options
    Probably just winding you up, albeit in a very unfunny and pretty mean way if it's undermining your confidence (and happiness at having found a job) in such a way.

The person in question sounds like a bit of a twat, ignore them.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Probably just winding you up, albeit in a very unfunny and pretty mean way if it's undermining your confidence (and happiness at having found a job) in such a way.

The person in question sounds like a bit of a twat, ignore them.

Agree
  • Options
    Thanks guys, i just needed to get that out my system, it pissed me off, but you've made me feel alot better :)
  • Options
    That's what we're here for :)

What is this job, out of interest? Anything exciting?
  • Options
    I'd assume that the boss is a psycho or something like that, from what she said.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    That's what we're here for :)

What is this job, out of interest? Anything exciting?

Just working at a take away place answering telephone calls etc
  • Options
    squeal wrote:
    Just working at a take away place answering telephone calls etc

maybe shes just phobic about those big kebab meat turny roundy things:nervous:
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    maybe shes just phobic about those big kebab meat turny roundy things:nervous:

Possibly, however highly doubtful, i think briggi has hit the nale on the head, she's a twat. :thumb:
  • Options
    if there was something seriously wrong im sure she would have gone into detail. give it a go and if its shit, you can always quit!