Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

sociology query

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
eek i'm doing my A2 coursework and i got myself all confused i'm using divorce statistics but i don't know if it's a concept or a context :eek2: I should have really got on with the work back in june while it was all fresh but i was stupid and didn't. If anyone could let me know which of the two it is i will be sooooooo greatful.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I did a2 sociology last year but cant remember ever coming across those terms in great detail, although im sure my coursework was classed as a concept.

mine wasnt statistical it was to do with the medias portrayal of relationships as short term and how it affects peoples perceptions of relationships.

if your having to do graphs etc to prove your findings i think its classed as context.

sorry got a rubbish memory but i hoped its helped at bit!
    a concept is an idea about something i.e cultural deprivation
    a context is the research
    This is probably wrong but if you are using divorce statistics which you have found, doesn't that class as research which is therefore a context?

I don't do sociology btw.
    yeh im pretty sure if your actually dealing with the statistics themselves not just the theories on divorce then it will be a context.
    Thanx :) now all i gotta do is find the concept behind divorce statistics :s
    Thanx :) now all i gotta do is find the concept behind divorce statistics :s

Sounds confusing, i'm glad i never did that. Good Luck.
    lol the exams for sociology are easy enough, just the coursework i find a bit of a struggle.
    i always found the exams hard. did everything i had to, got in my statistics, my theories, my studies even managed to get in perspectives but still never managed to walk away with more than a C.

so why am i doing this subject at uni?:eek2: