Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Gun crime is rife in Dallas. So what do the authorities do?

They ban... toy and replica guns.

Meanwhile the real guns, the ones that maim and kill people, are as legal as ever.

Fucking priceless.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,,1843833,00.html
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :lol: Brilliant. You couldn't make it up.
    Aladdin wrote:
    They ban... toy and replica guns.

Meanwhile the real guns, the ones that maim and kill people, are as legal as ever.

Fucking priceless.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,,1843833,00.html

Doesn't that just give them a much "clearer" shoot on sight license? From a trigger happy cop point of view...
    That was never much of a problem in the first place. In some places in America you are even allowed to shoot dead a burglar even if he's disarmed and pleading for his life, so I'd imagine someone carrying a toy gun is fair game as far as anyone is concerned.
    Your obsession with the US is frightening and rather funny.
    Well for stupid laws and bizarre concepts of right and wrong you have to agree few countries on earth match it. Nor that the media gives us nearly as comprehensive insights of the life and happenings of anyone else.

But do you have any thoughts on this story? Don't you think it's rather laughable?
    Aladdin wrote:
    Gun crime is rife in Dallas

I blame the woman who shot J.R.
    Aladdin wrote:
    That was never much of a problem in the first place. In some places in America you are even allowed to shoot dead a burglar even if he's disarmed and pleading for his life, so I'd imagine someone carrying a toy gun is fair game as far as anyone is concerned.

I dunno. If you are an honest cop and someone points a gun at you and you shoot him dead, and you later realize it was a toy gun, you'd feel guilty, wouldn't you.

I am not actually sure how they are going to enforce this....???
    Well for stupid laws and bizarre concepts of right and wrong you have to agree few countries on earth match it

You are obsessed by America just as much as the most right wing republican.
    Nor that the media gives us nearly as comprehensive insights of the life and happenings of anyone else.

Thats because it is a free and open society.
    For the sake of an argument, lets say he was obsessed by America, what the hell is wrong with that?
    Ain't he got a right to an opinion?

I just don't see your point, you get me!
    For the sake of an argument, lets say he was obsessed by America, what the hell is wrong with that?

Its very ironic, considering he despises the place.

Why do you think he despises USA?
    That doesn't make sense.

I hate some of US laws. I hate the Republican Government. I hate the PNAC idea. I hate their Social Care system. I hate some of their ugly, ugly cars.

But otherwise I love it. I love NBA. I love the open spaces. I love how patriotic the folks are there. I love how welcoming they are. I love their sense of togetherness. I love their striving for a better life while being able to enjoy their current lives. I love the American dream. I love their desire to be the best at everything. I love the fact that they know how to enjoy life.

So as much as i despise the government, I love the "place".
    He has a right to be concerned.

Guns are legal in America and it has by far and away the highest rate of gun crime in the world. Can you not see a problem there?

Oh, changed by name btw guys. :thumb:
    Yet again another load of rubbish from Matadore.

As I've explained countless times to you before, disliking a government does not equal disliking a country or its people.

And as I've challenged you many times before, I challenge you again to check which one of us have been to the US more times or counts more Americans as friends.

Try again mate.
    Thats because it is a free and open society.
    If it's a free and open society why are they about to ban toy guns in Dallas?
    Yet again another load of rubbish from Matadore.

As I've explained countless times to you before, disliking a government does not equal disliking a country or its people.

And as I've challenged you many times before, I challenge you again to check which one of us have been to the US more times or counts more Americans as friends.

Try again mate.

Then why the constant and pathetic posting of threads like these which do nothing except show how misinformed and bigoted you are toward the country? I have never, not once, ever, read anything put out by you which would suggest you are not reflexively anti-american.
    If it's a free and open society why are they about to ban toy guns in Dallas?

Its a free and open society as guaranteed by the 1st amendment of the Constitution - a ducoment you seem to have little respect for or familiarity with.
    Its a free and open society as guaranteed by the 1st amendment of the Constitution - a ducoment you seem to have little respect for or familiarity with.

Why would any non-American have respect for it?

Why don't you have any respect for the Ugandan Constitution?
    Why would any non-American have respect for it?

Thanks for illustrating my point.

:confused:
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    :lol: Brilliant. You couldn't make it up.

Only in the USA. Nutters... how the fuck will this help? So you can't buy replicas... but stroll to the nearest gun shop and buy the real thing instead! No longer will you be toting a harmless replica... you get a 100% genuine killing device!
    Then why the constant and pathetic posting of threads like these which do nothing except show how misinformed and bigoted you are toward the country?
    Where have I, even once in the 13,000+ posts I have made, been bigoted towards America as a country?

The government, for sure. The Religious Right, without a doubt. The fast food culture, of course. But the country as a whole or its people? When?
    I have never, not once, ever, read anything put out by you which would suggest you are not reflexively anti-american.
    I cannot thing of a single thing I've ever said that would make anyone think I am. Perhaps you'd care to enlighten me.

And this has to do with Dallas banning replica toys instead of real ones in which way, exactly? :confused:
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Why don't you have any respect for the Ugandan Constitution?
    :D
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Oh, changed by name btw guys. :thumb:
    Fuck's sake. It always takes me ages to get used to a new name, I don't like change. Oh and your old name's still in your avatar though.
    Do I know you?

Well, at least that's something he's got in common with the Republican Party.

not considering how abused it is, in regards to wire tapping cough cough
    Well, at least that's something he's got in common with the Republican Party.

Touche.