Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

how do you get over the embarrassing things you do while drunk?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I accidentally got extremely drunk last night and i'm afraid i might have embarrassed myself pretty badly. how do you get over it?

Comments

• smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Depends on what you actually did whilst you were drunk
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    laugh it off.. happens to everyone. maybe apologise to a few people too?!
    welll all i really did was throw up, yell at people (can't remember what i said but my friends say they couldn't understand me for the most part anyways) and then pass out

i'm just paranoid because the people there had never seen my like that before
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Well then i suggest you appolagise for your actions and say you had a bit too much to drink. not much else you can say really.
    \
    Just apologise.... its likely they've all been in that situation as well :p
    doubt you even need to apoligize, im sure most have been like that at some point. You won't even care in a few weeks :d
    forget about it! i tried to start on a bloke who wasnt even there and had left ten minutes before i was even told he had gate crashed my mums 50th birthday party
    ahahaha, my girlfriends brother got so wasted last night. he went into the bathroom and took his pants off to take a piss, and then fell over and blacked out. one of his friends tried to use the bathroom and couldn't get in. so his friend comes down stairs and asks my girlfriend to try to get her brother up. me and my girlfriend walk upstairs and she starts kicking the door and pounding on it. then one of her brothers big friends just runs into the door and realizes the door isn't locked, butmy girlfriends brother is past out infront of the door. ahahaha noone would go in because he was naked. so my girlfriends dad ended up throwing towels ontop of him and sleeping in the bathtub to watch him.

the next morning, he laughed about the whole thing. that's the key. laugh at yourself.
    I did the same thing on Friday night, went to a house party and got sloshed :no:

Apparently i was going round trying to snog everyone (in front of my boyfriend :rolleyes:) and then he had to CARRY me home because i couldnt walk.

When i got in i puked all over the living room floor and it got all in my hair too :yuck:

My boyfriend was not impressed to say the least but i hope this has made you feel better :lol::lol:
    well i'm feeling ok about it now. this board is awesome, i love how i can just randomly sound off with almost no assholic replies whatsoever
    Laugh. I just went out wif a 30 year old woman who I definately shouldn't went out wif but shit happens! :shocking:
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    like turlough and many others say, just laugh!
    its all you can do, laugh and apologise. explain you are embarrassed etc and im sure everything will be dandy. if not...you aint telling the full story! :p
  • KimonoKimono Posts: 201 Trailblazer
    Ditto - swallow your pride and have a sense of humour about it.

Drunken rows with mates
    I accidentally got extremely drunk last night and i'm afraid i might have embarrassed myself pretty badly. how do you get over it?
    I get over it by doig something worse the next I get drunk.

The best thing to do though, id laugh it on and blame it on the drunk. You could try saying you don't remember but it's hard to lie when you are cringing.
    The est thing to do, is just take the piss out of yourself, then no one else really can.
    VinylVicky wrote:
    I get over it by doig something worse the next I get drunk.

That was always my strategy, too :thumb:

Just get drunk again... that way you'll forget about what you did and probably do something even more embarassing in the process and thus displace the embarrassment. That would help, right?
    Jesus my typing is poor as recently, I've had new nails though!
    Laugh it off and then if my mates keep going on about it say "i was drunk, have you never done anything when you were drunk? what about that time you did this [insert situation] or when do did this [insert another]"

Then all laugh together
    Just laugh it off, these things happen, it's not the end of the world.
    "How to get over the embarrasing things you do when drunk?"

Hahaha jesus, lifes full of embarrassing situations, get a grip!!
    People aren't really bothered anyway, it's not as embarrassing as it feels remember that. Everyone who gets drunk has done stupid things under the influence.

As long as your not walking round slurring, puking, acting crazy when your not drunk I don't think you should worry :p
    I'm glad when I get in those states where I don't really know what I'm doing.
    Doesn't happen much anymore even when I drink from tea time til the next morning :eek2:
    Basically, the way I see it,...as long as you don't get naked or break something valuable (like my bud smashing through the host's front door a few weeks ago) you're fine...

Also, on an off note (and in indirect response to Yerascrote's reply) I got laid by my friend's smokin' 24 year old sister when I was 15...

...top that.:thumb:
    everyone's been there.
    I decided on a trip to Leeds for my 18th birthday with about 5 mates.
    My friends were buyin me tequila shots early on and i was throwin em down and asking for more, along with vodka & irn bru.
    by about half 11 i was completely gone, apparently fell in a pile of rubbish bags, puked on a church (and the rest of leeds) and had to be carried back to the hotel.

we worked out in the morning i did about 18 shots of tequila along with the rest of it, i'm quite proud to still be alive tbh.

laugh it off and do it again, I say :thumb:

Drink more and forget about it.
    Drink more and forget about it.

quoted for the truth :lol:

its what i do :D
    thats probably her embarassing story...... ;)

Actually there ws no alcohol involved. Besides, with my looks I can't imagine ANYONE being embarrased! :yippie:
    Laugh it off, apologize if you hurt anyones feeling, never drink absinthe at work dos, realise you will probably do it again at some point.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Drunkeness can be embarrassing, don't worry... we all do it from time to time, if you don't , ou probabl don't drink.
    Help

Omg me too.
    Hi

Well done for starting your own thread on this :) This one's pretty old so the original poster - and a lot of the people who replied! - aren't around any more.
This discussion has been closed.