Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

kids and their noise!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
there are these young kids who live next door and every morning they go out in their backyard and jump on their small trampoline, it makes this creak noise and they'll be on this thing for quite some time and the noise wakes me up from sleeping and they keep at it for hours, is there some way i can file a public nusciance order against them or something?! It's so temping to just buy bolt currts and cut the damn thing up. or stick a sheet of paper to it saying 'Oil me'

anyone whos been drinking/drugging/staying up late wont appreciate being woken at 10-11am by creaking.:grump:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ten or eleven am isn't unreasonable.
    softworld wrote:
    public nusciance order

:lol:

You're kidding, right?
    damn :( i'll porbably have to go for the 'oil me' route
    Miffy wrote:
    :lol:

You're kidding, right?

ofcourse ;)
    Ten or eleven am isn't unreasonable.

Indeed. Have you actually spoke to them?
    Sofie wrote:
    Indeed. Have you actually spoke to them?

no i dont really talk to the people next door, their just young kids and i'll jsut have to put up with it i guess
    softworld wrote:

anyone whos been drinking/drugging/staying up late wont appreciate being woken at 10-11am by creaking.:grump:

Go to bed earlier then. Why should they not be able to do what they want because you decide to stay up late? I could understand it if you worked nights.
    Sofie wrote:
    Go to bed earlier then. Why should they not be able to do what they want because you decide to stay up late? I could understand it if you worked nights.

i cant get to sleep sometimes until hours and hours into the day. might be time for some sleeping pills
    You tried ear plugs? I use them and unless the neighbours shout really loud, I can't actually hear anything.
    Sofie wrote:
    You tried ear plugs? I use them and unless the neighbours shout really loud, I can't actually hear anything.

no i havnt tried them, i might get some, any good type/make you'd reccomend?
    I got mine in Boots. No idea of the make though.
    mm i'll hceck them out sometime, thanks sofie
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Jeez. Think yourself lucky.

Our neighbours bounce on their trampoline at 10pm and then at 6am the following morning.

My advice ... stop being a scrooge. It's the summer holidays, let the kids have their fun. At least they are getting exercise and not graffitti-ing your fence. 10am is not unreasonable. Stop being so lazy, get out of your bed and make something of your day.
    Jeez. Think yourself lucky.

Our neighbours bounce on their trampoline at 10pm and then at 6am the following morning.

My advice ... stop being a scrooge. It's the summer holidays, let the kids have their fun. At least they are getting exercise and not graffitti-ing your fence. 10am is not unreasonable. Stop being so lazy, get out of your bed and make something of your day.

bah, humbug :grump:

ah but yeh i guess your right, they could be doing worse i suppose. cheers guys
    softworld wrote:
    yeaah. thats not really an excuse tho.
    legally, its no noise between 11pm-7am.
    you should be up at 10-11am! :p
    Fuck's sake, are you being serious?

Maybe if you spent less time taking illegal narcotics some kids having fun wouldn't disturb your precious beauty sleep.

No, there's no legal way you can stop them. And if you damage their stuff I'd cheer them on if they sued your arse off.
    ha try living on an estate mate, kids screaming into the wee hours and people beeping their car horns at 3am like they're playing a f**king instrument or something.....you just have to adapt, lol well i could tell them to shut their noisehole but i'd probably have a brick through my window the following day.
    ha try living on an estate mate, kids screaming into the wee hours and people beeping their car horns at 3am like they're playing a f**king instrument or something.....you just have to adapt, lol well i could tell them to shut their noisehole but i'd probably have a brick through my window the following day.

ahaahah sounds like wher i used to live! ah i guess i'll jsut have to hack it, and as for being up at 10am, i dont usuaolly get up untill like, 1pm irs pure madness!
    :lol: reminds me of the simpsons episode...

"hey! old man simpson took away the trampolene....lets jump on the car"