Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Research

Is it possible to make it a non-closed thread? That classification report especially is an interesting read (dont be put off only the first 40 pages are really the report) and it throws up some really damning findings.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    So start a thread, with a link back to the post where the report is, and state your case so people have a framework to respond - that's my suggestion.

Otherwise I will need to post up a new thread every time I upload a new report/piece of research. If I leave it all in one thread, I could cut off debate on one topic by posting up another report, drag up old arguments/discussion; and have a random thread that is only linked by the fact that there is research around it (like, everything).

Make sense?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah, I suppose that makes sense. No one is going to bloody read the report though are they, even though its really interesting.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    You could always spark their interest by quoting some highlights......
  • Options
    wrote:
    Andy Hayman, Chair of the ACPO Drugs Committee, told us: “I cannot envisage any user – a dependent user, that is – having any kind of thought as to whether it was a Class A, B or C drug they were consuming”.
    wrote:
    We have found no solid evidence to support the existence of a deterrent effect, despite the fact that it appears to underpin the Government’s policy on classification.
    wrote:
    UK investment in addiction research is woefully inadequate. The Government’s failure to ensure that sufficient resources are devoted to building the evidence base to underpin drugs policy is at odds with its commitment to adopt an evidence based approach.
    wrote:
    The classification system purports to rank drugs on the basis of harm associated with their misuse but we have found glaring anomalies in the classification system as it stands and a wide consensus that the current system is not fit for purpose. We were also concerned and disappointed by the attitudes of the ACMD and the police towards the classification system.

Perk anyones interest?
  • Options
    What is also interesting about the move of mushrooms to class A is that the comparison with methamphetamine.

The ACMD said they didnt want to move meth to class A because it would create demand, yet they want to move mushrooms there?