Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bombs on planes?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    are also the ones who say absolutely nothing about luke's warped remarks,

I don't read lukesh's posts.
  • Options

I try not to read yours either but i'm not always so fortunate. *boom boom*

i'm sorry it was too easy......
  • Options

Me neither.

And may I just state that people here are actually begging to be blamed for one thing or another, just so they can actually have basis for their allegations.
  • Options
    *yawn* you can blame me for trying to lighten up the thread, i've got a better idea why don't we let it die instead.......
  • Options
    You are welcome to continue your fight though

Thanks for your backing but I have no desire to fight, just to be left alone.

Perhaps because I don't see it as evil...

Do you think the concept of "evil" has an objective standard ?
  • Options
    What the hell is going on here now. It's all blown out of porportion.

There are no sides. I stick up for my self or for what I believe in. I state, on this forum my beliefs.
    They are not racist.

Turlough - There is simply no excuse for allowing to be 'racist' if you're drunk or wound up.

As for every single time any of you accuse me of being racist, I'll say I was pissed, off my head, fustrated, pissed off etc. Surely I can justify my self just like he can do?

I believe JIMV needs to install a respect agenda on these boards. Anyone is allowed to swear and disrespect one another. You've only got tosay you don't agree with the current immigration policy and you're automatically racist, people swear at you etc. It is absolutely rediculous and extremely immature.
    People need to stay calm and stop getting worked up over a forum. It's a chance where we all can air our views.

Yes I have been banned once and yes I have done wrong, but I have been given a second chance. I am not under the same rules as you lot.
    The rest of you can continue to bully, cheat etc
    I am below you lot. I have learnt my lesson and none of you can find any proof of me misbehaving since I arrived back as I have simply walked away when I see things getting heated up and massive over reaction by many of you.
    You have criticised me in the past for my behaviour it's about time many of youtook at look at your own.
    I'm fed up of this one rule for 'us' and another rule for another group on these boards.
    I know I've been banned and, well been allowed to participate again. JIMV understands I can learn a lot from these boards. He is doing me a favour. Leave him a lone and sort out your own behaviour.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    I believe JIMV needs to install a respect agenda on these boards. Anyone is allowed to swear and disrespect one another.

you sound like tony blair, this is P+D and i have a f**king right to swear.......respect is earned btw, and not by ignorant, trolling, question-dodging racists I might add........if you don't like it then :wave:
  • Options
    luke, some of your views are not racist because they differ from current immigration policy

its the fact that in the past you have made racist comments
  • Options
    Yeah respect is earned, none of you deserve any off me.

As for me being racist, what ever. :D
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    Yeah respect is earned, none of you deserve any off me.

As for me being racist, what ever. :D

No but you're definately evil, 666 posts! ;)
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote:
    No but you're definately evil, 666 posts! ;)

So when he posts one more does he join the side of the angels :D
  • Options
    Okay dokey, nice to be back from holiday.

Being drunk can only be an excuse for so long - since Turlough claims to only be being offensive to cause offense it's been treated as inappropriate behaviour rather than outright racism - which would have resulted in a ban.

However, it's gone on long enough, so as stated his last warning was a final warning. It'll be a damn shame if someone is banned because they can't understand the rules apply to them sober or drunk, and trying to wind people up isn't an acceptable excuse, but that'll be the way it goes.
  • Options
    And as to the thread - any chance of getting somewhere near the topic? Otherwise I might just close this.
  • Options
    Indeed, I'm just sick of people continaully getting on my back on it. I've apologised numerous times now please leave it. :)
  • Options
    Today a United Flight from London to Washington was diverted to Boston because this woman had an apparent anxiety attack which resulted in some kind of a confrontation.

Here's the link...
    http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/articlenews.aspx?type=topNews&storyID=2006-08-16T155605Z_01_WBT005787_RTRUKOC_0_UK-SECURITY-BOSTON.xml

People are just gonna stay home and not be bothered. There either needs to be a fullproof security system like a massive Xray screen like in Total Recall (hehe) or something.
    If I am going to Europe in the future, I'll either drive or take the train...
  • Options
    Oh well. Cheap flights for the rest of us :)

I've never travelled so much in my life as in the 8-10 months following 9/11. They were practically giving tickets away.
  • Options
    I didn't really mean what I said, I love flying...
    I am planning a drive around Europe for next summer...

Anyway, didn't the woman in question turn out to be 60 or something?
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    migpilot wrote:
    I didn't really mean what I said, I love flying...
    I am planning a drive around Europe for next summer...

Anyway, didn't the woman in question turn out to be 60 or something?

She shouldn't be flying if it has that affect on her in all honesty. Or at least take a valium beforehand - my mum does.

Anyway. Driving round Europe? Planning to visit an Eastern European airbase for plane spotting? Might join ya! :D
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    She shouldn't be flying if it has that affect on her in all honesty. Or at least take a valium beforehand - my mum does.

Anyway. Driving round Europe? Planning to visit an Eastern European airbase for plane spotting? Might join ya! :D

I would love to, but I will be travelling with my friend and she and I decided to only visit places we both want to visit ( I know, how awfully nice of me)...

This is also why we've started to plan it this early...
    However, I might drug her one day and send her to sleep for 24 hours while I pop over to Rammstein or something...
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Oh well. Cheap flights for the rest of us :)

I've never travelled so much in my life as in the 8-10 months following 9/11. They were practically giving tickets away.

Hope you're right. Would be fucking awesome.
  • Options
    If there are cheap flights, im gonna get one to the Ukraine.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    If there are cheap flights, im gonna get one to the Ukraine.
    Sounds like the biggest hole if there ever was one.

Don't know, at the end of the day whether tickets are cheap or not, I do return flights at least 4 times a year. Could just be cool, as it would mean that weekend trips here and there would be more likely.
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote:

Don't know, at the end of the day whether tickets are cheap or not, I do return flights at least 4 times a year. Could just be cool, as it would mean that weekend trips here and there would be more likely.

As if they were not cheap enough anyway... :rolleyes:

Why would you say that Ukraine is a hole? You ever been there?
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote:

Apparently it is quit nice.

You can now also do tours of the Nuclear Sub bases ;o
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    As if they were not cheap enough anyway... :rolleyes:

Why would you say that Ukraine is a hole? You ever been there?

Depends on which airport you fly from. At the moment I could pay half-price or less if I was flying in to London rather than Manchester. And that said, how are you to know what my price-limitations are?

Cause I'm mean and bored. Though my dad's brother who's Ukranian never gave any descriptions which made it sound appealing in any way whatsoever.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Apparently it is quit nice.

You can now also do tours of the Nuclear Sub bases ;o

As said, a hole :p
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    As said, a hole :p
    :p Never. I also heard they do let you look round alot the armed forces bases. (they need the cash now Russia don't give them money.)

It isn't that bad, to be fair. Just not up to our Standards... Bratislava was apparently a hole. I loved it.
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    Depends on which airport you fly from. At the moment I could pay half-price or less if I was flying in to London rather than Manchester. And that said, how are you to know what my price-limitations are?

Cause I'm mean and bored. Though my dad's brother who's Ukranian never gave any descriptions which made it sound appealing in any way whatsoever.

I was thinking of flights from the UK into Europe...

To like Ukraine, you have to understand the history and the mentality of the nation.... It's an acquired taste.... ;)
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:

Indeed, but what about all those carbon dioxide emissions? I'll remember you've been a frequent flyer next time you're criticising 4x4 owners. :p
  • Options
    Indeed, but what about all those carbon dioxide emissions? I'll remember you've been a frequent flyer next time you're criticising 4x4 owners. :p

Unlike most 4x4's, palne have more than one prson in. Planes = mostly full seats 4x4's = mostly empty.