Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I suppose thanks are in order

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jon_UK wrote:
    Yes. I was using wit. Something you clearly left somewhere in the trenches along with your youth. And, it would seem, your sense of reality.

I may have left many of my best friends, good men, damn fine men in the trenches but my wit is as sharp as ever. In fact my club gave me the award for whimsy of the year.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    I may have left many of my best friends, good men, damn fine men in the trenches but my wit is as sharp as ever. In fact my club gave me the award for whimsy of the year.

Your wit is as sharp as a club. I believe that whimsy 'award' was more for the improbable, if fantastic, stories you tell about your own questionable status than in praise of your comedic efforts.
  • Options
    Jon_UK wrote:
    Your wit is as sharp as a club. I believe that whimsy 'award' was more for the improbable, if fantastic, stories you tell about your own questionable status than in praise of your comedic efforts.

I am quite often the centre of attention with my japery, shenanigans and tomfoolery.