Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I suppose thanks are in order

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    what about my request?:flirt:
    MrG wrote:
    YOUTHNET
    We dont do alcohol induced hallucinations, but we can help you get over them, but if we did;
    They'd probly be the best in the world

241uhw0.jpg

Smirnoff Ice. Shame on you.
    Addict wrote:
    Smirnoff Ice. Shame on you.

smirnoff ice and stella
    Jon_UK wrote:
    They say he's older than time itself. I once heard he was made entirely out of thesite.org wristbands and can recite pie to 4 figures!!!!

I used to be able to, but my memory isnt what it once was.
    turlough wrote:
    I'm taking a guess at 28/29.

I may look that, but that's only because of very expensive and dangerous operations.
    No. But while your mind may have stagnated your belly, by all accounts, has lost none of its pie retaining capabilities.
    Jon_UK wrote:
    No. But while your mind may have stagnated your belly, by all accounts, has lost none of its pie retaining capabilities.

I do have a portly figure certainly, but that's only right and proper in a man of my class and age.
    bongbudda wrote:
    I do have a portly figure certainly, but that's only right and proper in a man of my class and age.

I assume you meant 'that's only right and proper in a man of no class and age'
    Jon_UK wrote:
    I assume you meant 'that's only right and proper in a man of no class and age'

That's almost witty of you young man, but given you are effectively a modern day serf I fail to see why I should listen to a word you say. In my day you'd get transportation for such impertinence.
    bongbudda wrote:
    That's almost witty of you young man, but given you are effectively a modern day serf I fail to see why I should listen to a word you say. In my day you'd get transportation for such impertinence.

I have to be honest I didn't read any of that. My eyes have an uncontrollable compulsion to shy away from senile drivel.
    Jon_UK wrote:
    I have to be honest I didn't read any of that. My eyes have an uncontrollable compulsion to shy away from senile drivel.

It is more likely to be poor eye sight brought on by your gruel only diet.
    \
    bongbudda wrote:
    It is more likely to be poor eye sight brought on by your gruel only diet.

Keep talking old man...while you can still string a sentence together.
    Jon_UK wrote:
    Keep talking old man...while you can still string a sentence together.

We really are slipping down a moral abyss arent we, it used to be that peasants of your shockingly low class wouldnt even look at me, let alone this kind of back chat. I'm just happy I wont be around all that much longer to witness the rise of your sort. Now run along with your disturbed frog and your eyepod or whatever you young scumbags get up to.
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Does it involve the octopus's?

Octopi, please.

Come on people. Octopus, goes like dominus, 2nd declension masculine noun.
    Dominus, domine, dominum etc. etc.
    bongbudda wrote:
    We really are slipping down a moral abyss arent we, it used to be that peasants of your shockingly low class wouldnt even look at me, let alone this kind of back chat. I'm just happy I wont be around all that much longer to witness the rise of your sort. Now run along with your disturbed frog and your eyepod or whatever you young scumbags get up to.

I suppose they don't make a Stanna Stairlift for moral abysses so be careful not to break a hip on your way down.
    Jon_UK wrote:
    I suppose they don't make a Stanna Stairlift for moral abysses so be careful not to break a hip on your way down.

:lol:
    Jon_UK wrote:

No, apparently they dont. National Service is what we need to sort you unruly ruffians out. No one was stealing mobiles from each other in the trenches!
    bongbudda wrote:
    No, apparently they dont. National Service is what we need to sort you unruly ruffians out. No one was stealing mobiles from each other in the trenches!

And I know a lovely little retirement home that's a perfect cure for a bad case of the 'good 'ol days.'

In fact a lot of veterans seem to think the conditions there are pretty similar to the trenches so you should love it.
    I'm intrigued as to why a geriatric would want want a pink/purple stuffed octopus. Something quite unseemly about that.
    Jon_UK wrote:
    And I know a lovely little retirement home that's a perfect cure for a bad case of the 'good 'ol days.'

In fact a lot of veterans seem to think the conditions there are pretty similar to the trenches so you should love it.

What and leave the Estate?! What would the servants do? I cant put them out of work, not after so many years loyal service.
    Infinite wrote:
    I'm intrigued as to why a geriatric would want want a pink/purple stuffed octopus. Something quite unseemly about that.

There is something unseemly about most things I do, I've got away with it for this many years, I'm not changing now.
    bongbudda wrote:
    What and leave the Estate?! What would the servants do? I cant put them out of work, not after so many years loyal service.

I have a strong suspicion that to a man of your quality the word ‘estate’ means a spacious Volvo, with few redeeming features and kids seats in the boot. Forgive me if I don't seem terribly impressed with your doddering ramblings.
    Jon_UK wrote:
    I have a strong suspicion that to a man of your quality the word ‘estate’ means a spacious Volvo, with few redeeming features and kids seats in the boot. Forgive me if I don't seem terribly impressed with your doddering ramblings.

You've not heard of Bongington Hall?
    bongbudda wrote:
    You've not heard of Bongington Hall?

Yeah its a high rise building just down the road near Archway...oooh...that kind of estate.
    My geography's not great, but I don't recall too many estates (country estates) in London...
    Jon_UK wrote:
    Yeah its a high rise building just down the road near Archway...oooh...that kind of estate.

Dont remind me, there is an ongoing defamation suit about that place, youths of your ilk used the name without any care to the damage it might to do my standing in the county.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Dont remind me, there is an ongoing defamation suit about that place, youths of your ilk used the name without any care to the damage it might to do my standing in the county.

Surely the damage to your standing was done by those arthritic, knobbly knees you hobble about on so gracelessly?
    Jon_UK wrote:
    Surely the damage to your standing was done by those arthritic, knobbly knees you hobble about on so gracelessly?

I was speaking metaphorically, something you seem not to understand, which isnt all that surprising knowing the woeful lack of schooling you recieved.

And anyway, they may be arthritic, but they are certainly not knobbly, I can still keep up with the hunt like the best of them.
    bongbudda wrote:
    I was speaking metaphorically, something you seem not to understand, which isnt all that surprising knowing the woeful lack of schooling you recieved.

And anyway, they may be arthritic, but they are certainly not knobbly, I can still keep up with the hunt like the best of them.

Yes. I was using wit. Something you clearly left somewhere in the trenches along with your youth. And, it would seem, your sense of reality.