Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Earring material

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I rarely wear earrings and when I do, those "for senstive ears" nothing more than stearling silver ones would do just fine. (elcheapo) I wore some over the weekend and my ears itched like a dog with fleas. (earrings in just the lobes I'm talking of)

So my question is, whats the next step up in quality/sensitivity? Without breaking the bank too. My parents bought me some 24kgold ones that my ears absoutly love, but to buy some myself, my checkbook would hate me.

Thank you :)

Comments

• Options
    i have sensitive ears - i find that i can only have gold or silver earrings. Not plated because it comes off in my ear and makes it nice and swollen.
    Gold earrings aren't always expensive. You can get little ones quite easily for not much at all. But i dunno what jewelers are like in the states.
  • Options
    What kind of silver? (I don't know if theres multiple types :p)
    You're right though, I've forgotten, the department stores area always having real nice sales, like 50% off jelwery things and they have all gold earrings. Thanks!
  • Options
    thumbtack with a bit of blutack on the back?