Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

internet opinions please

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Heres the deal- im moving out next week into a shared house with people i know. We want good, fast, inexpensive, and reliable internet so im going to shop around

The connection will be shared by a router. I have two- one for cable and one for ADSL.

We will also be having a phoneline active, so adsl/line rental combinations will be taken into consideration if it works out less expensive.

The only two companies ive had experience with are tiscali (adsl, which we are currently using in my family home and is very reliable) and NTL (which i used in student houses for the past 2 years and only had trouble with the customer servive, internet was excellent apart from router problems).

Does anyone have any reccomendations or "steer clear"s ? or any other advice

Cheers

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    With Bt fro phone and tesco for adsl here and no probs at all and no download limits
    cheers, i'll research those :)

anyone else?
    We're with Demon. Reliable enough, but not cheap.
    I have no gripes with NTL whatsoever. After a year they'll do some decent work regarding their pricing to keep you on their books, if that helps :).
    Thanks to those that replied

It looks like someone else in the house sorted it out so i dont have to! We're back with NTL broadband and even get cabel tv (for a nice £20 per month :)). Yay