Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

anyone picked up PEP pills in camden?

2»

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I've seen a few people collapse after taking large amounts of shrooms. Make no mistake about it, they can fuck you up.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kia Ora

I developed these party pill products - I started Stargate International - somebody asked me to post here.

In our country we were having massive problems after changes in illicit drug market trends meant a swing to clubbers smoking pure crystal methamphetmaine. We used to snort "speed" as a rule but gangs stopped supplying it in that format and only in pure crystal.

Nobody realised that the addictive potential in using via this new route of administration was far higher and many people in our community were damaged. Several people close to me lost their lives.

Addiction creeps up on you and suddenly you are in a psychotic state. Heaps of families broken up, businesses destroyed. All the psychologists just in shock at the sudden upswing in craziness from people who used to just go to nightclubs now and then.

A group of us approached our government with a suggestion that if they allowed us to develop and supply safer non addictive alternatives that this would greatly reduce DEMAND for the illegal drug by SUBSTITUTING with a safer alternative.

This would be more effective than putting pressure on SUPPLY which only serves to increase value, and putting all the best meth manufacturers in jail whic hsimply allows the worse meth manufacturer's product on to the market.

The strategies we inherited from the rest of the world seemed to increase health risk instead of decreasing them.

Thankfuly in a country our size it is easy to access decision makers when things are really important and our initiative was picked up on and actioned. After a couple of years the project was working and legislation was changed.

Recent research shows that 44.1% of people who were using hard ilegal drugs and tried these legal versions were able to quit the illegal ones. Read the research here if you like: http://www.shore.ac.nz/projects/Legal%20Party%20Pills.htm

You need to remember that in NZ the drug scene is very different to Europe. We aren't next door to Holland so ecstasy costs NZD$60 (or £20) per pill.

Cocaine is nonexistant or well over £100 per gram because no boats come here from the right continents, but poor quality methampetamine can be made at home from pseudoephedrine and that was the drug of choice. Availability was key. Our cannabis growing skills are highly developed as well so beware tourists.

Anyway after a few years there were many many companies cashing in on the industry and producing more and more BZP pills. I pulled out or fear something was going to go bad. Each new company that came in innovated by losing some more of the responsibility, and generally increasing the dosage and cutting down on the warnings. Instead of only being available in places where you might buy a bong (pipe whatever your slang word is for head shops) you can buy them at every dairy (newsagent, corner store)

The situation now is that UK companies who just had mushrooms banned and desperately need something to keep their overheads paid are importing NZ party pills. The information they supply is sometimes very vague - some are really good but others are rotten - the pills are being misrepresented as "herbal" or "natural" when they are not and none of the information on how to use them or why is getting through.

That's the story on the pills anyway - they are there for methamphetamine users to give them something else to take instead which is not going to drive them so crazy that they kill each other and they are designed to be SELF LIMITING so that people stop using them.

They are designed NOT to be used by people who drink ALCOHOL and a sensible dosage is up to 200mg of BZP only.

If the label is vague about how much TFMPP or otehr ingredients is in them, try not to buy them.

If the packet says they are the STRONGEST ones available, avoid them like the plague. The person who made them may have a 5 year tolerance for that dosage but if you've taken them before, you will hate the experience.

Apologies to moderators if I broke any rules, I think the post is clearly more informative than commerical.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Cheers for the info Starboy, it is good to get some background. I have taken out your email address though, its board policy to protect users - people can reply to your thread if they want more information, so everyone can be informed.
  • Options
    Starboy - how much research has been done into the safety of BZP? Does your company flog BZP?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Starboy - how much research has been done into the safety of BZP? Does your company flog BZP?

The NZ version of the ACMD looked at it and basically said it was of low risk, there is little addiction potential and the risk of death was minimal. Although they did say that more research is needed, I've attached their report.