Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Kids being weighed in school.

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Renzo wrote:
    I did that and got 33% despite weighing 9 stone at the time.
    You're a bloody disgrace lad. Give me ten laps around the playing field, now!
    Stop Eating Pies!
    lipsy wrote:
    naa in secondry school i was about 5 1/2 for a few years and then it went up to 6 1/2
    :crazyeyes
    You're a bloody disgrace lad. Give me ten laps around the playing field, now!

I was (and still mostly am) a stick though. It was weird...being told i was clinically obese. :grump:
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    as long as it was done in private it is fine. But the impression I got from the thread was that kids were queuing up and then the weights were being announced/written on the board.

i heard that the uk governement - taking it upon themselves, as they always seem to do, to control our lives in yet another way - wanted to start weighing kids in schools from the age of 4 every month or so - aaaaargh! do we need any more kids growing up with an unhealthy relationship with food and paranoia about the scales. Every year in the nurse's office ok but i agree education about healthy eating, great. but you don't need to know from the age of 5 what your weight is to know you're eating healthily.
    I'm a bit lost. Are some people saying that they've been weighed in school as part of a health check-up or just as part of a science / P.E. lesson?
    I have always been under-weight, from school to adulthood, like right now i am Male, 22, 5ft10 and i only weigh 9 and half stone. Never got weighed at school though, i think once in primary school in the teachers office, but thats it.
    I'm a bit lost. Are some people saying that they've been weighed in school as part of a health check-up or just as part of a science / P.E. lesson?

Science.
    I got weighed secretly in my primary school because they reckoned I was underweight. Think they thought I was being starved at home or something. Mother wasn't very happy!
    HIT wrote:
    :crazyeyes
    whaaaat?? i was a little girl!
    I remember being weighed and my height measured at school infront of class I was slim (and still am) so I wasn't too embarrassed.
    lipsy wrote:
    whaaaat?? i was a little girl!
    I just cant imagine it because I weighed 6 stone in year 2.

My sisters mate is 26 & weighs 6 stone. She is about 5ft. Its almost like she weighed nothing when she was younger.
    My girlfriend was about 6 1/2 stone when I met her, she's had a baby now and she's still only about 7stone 2 or something, result :thumb:
    i was 11 half stone and 6ft by the time i was 15 wasent chubby infact i was more athletic than most people however i did earn a title as a "beast" which i loved being called so it was all good

we got weighed in school up to year 9 where we lined up stood on a scale and then a height mesuring thing whiel the teacher took down our scores however people who considerd themselves chubby always seemed to go missing and their absense made them stand out more than them being their (yet you never saw anybody elses height or weight we told eachother)
    My girlfriend was about 6 1/2 stone when I met her, she's had a baby now and she's still only about 7stone 2 or something, result :thumb:
    how tiny!? how tall is she?
    we were weighed in science lessons at school, we used our results to compare them with the weight we'd be on the moon or something stupid like that.

In P.E we also did the pinch an inch test, which is basically tongues you use to grab your stomach to see how much fat you had.