Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Got the sack

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got the sack today, been there for about 2 and a half years so it's pretty wierd not working there now.

I'm now in the world of unemployment so time to start looking for another job as soon as possible, money don't grow on trees.

:grump:

Comments

• Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Shogun wrote:
    I got the sack today, been there for about 2 and a half years so it's pretty wierd not working there now.

I'm now in the world of unemployment so time to start looking for another job as soon as possible, money don't grow on trees.

oh god, why you get sacked?
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    What did ya do?

No helping yourself from the till or nothing like that I hope ;)
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Or helping himself in the till... :sour: :p
  • Options
    Shogun wrote:

spill :razz:
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    What did ya do?

No helping yourself from the till or nothing like that I hope ;)

No nothing like that, was just being lazy, taking too long breaks and too many smoke breaks, being in late and generally just dossing about, i was warned before so i can't say i'm totally suprised.

They also knew i had bought a bottle of buckfast when i was working.

Just have to get a new job asap.
  • Options
    lol .. bucky on the job
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I got fired from Macca's for smoking weed on my break.
    It wasn't a job I cared about at all, but it did piss me off and I've never really understood why.

New things mate. :thumb:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    That's it skive.

Thing was he tried to say i was seen drinking it when i know for a fact i wasn't, he was probably assuming i had drank it because i had bought it, he said it wasn't anything really to do with that getting sacked but ah well.

How'd they figure you were smoking skive?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Shogun wrote:
    How'd they figure you were smoking skive?

I was only 16 and I got caught with one of the trainee managers smoking weed in the car park. Pretty stupid really.

They gave me some bollocks about informing the police and my parents, I didn't give a fuck about the gavers, but I certainly didn't want my old dear upset. I went wild - most entertaining disciplinary I ever had.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Shogun wrote:
    They also knew i had bought a bottle of buckfast when i was working.

well there you go,
  • Options
    There you go nothing actually...they've known before that people (including myself) have bought carryouts and kept them in the shop before heading out so it's really a number of little things that built up but ah well whatever will be will be.
  • Options
    i think getting the sack is what most frightens me about going back to work. letting your employer down so badly that they have to sack you blows.
  • Options
    I've been sacked once before, and just resigned my last job otherwise they were going to fire me for time off, despite docs notes (cruel world). So now I've just started working at my local Maccy D's....actually it's not quite as bad as I thought it'd be, the managers tend to stick me on the tills because half the staff can't speak good English....
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    ...most entertaining disciplinary I ever had.

Sounds like you've had more than one!!
  • Options
    I havent really ever got the sack as such, but when I was caught stealing from the shop I worked at (I was a very silly teenager) it was kind of understood that I wasnt coming into work the next day.
  • Options
    At a hotel I used to work at there was a kind of bad feeling between bar staff (where I worked) and the food staff. Each thinking the other were lazy, and underworked.

Part of my job on the bar was taking sandwich orders which I took to the kitchen to get made by a lady who was supposed to do it. One day when I was run off my feet I took one in, and after a while I went to collect it and it wasn't done. I asked where it was and got some shit from the lady about them being busy (which they weren't) and that 'I should make the damn thing myself' because we do fuck all at the bar. I was pretty stressed so my reaction wasn't exactly fantastic.

I think I worded it somewhere along these lines: "You're a stupid lazy useless bitch who'll probably die soon, and I'll be happy when you do because I'll never have to look at your fat ugly mug again."

She cried. I got sacked.
  • Options
    Don't you people who have been sacked worry about your new employer not wanting you because you were sacked? Or do you lie about why you left?
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    Don't you people who have been sacked worry about your new employer not wanting you because you were sacked? Or do you lie about why you left?

Duh, you lie of course
  • Options
    Duh, you lie of course

People do ask for references etc though and some do contact old employers.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    People do ask for references etc though and some do contact old employers.
    Yes but your pretty safe if its just a shop job and your going on to another one.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:

If it's a stupid job you don't care about you don't even mention it on a CV.

Or else lie and hope they don't contact the cunts.
  • Options
    i got laidoff yesterday

nothing i did tho, just was atemp and they've hadto get rid of the temps as there's uproar over a change of hours

i have been told though that they will contact me at the end of the month as they do want me back and will take me on permanently :yes:
  • Options
    wahey I got sacked recently and it was the best thing to ever happen to me!!
  • Options
    Lie but the ones in my old shop are going to give me a dead on reference anyway so it's not all that bad.
  • Options
    just do not give your old workplace as a referee. Even if you do, they cannot give a bad reference. Saying that, refusing to give a reference would say it all.
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    just do not give your old workplace as a referee. Even if you do, they cannot give a bad reference. Saying that, refusing to give a reference would say it all.

Surely you'll get a P45 from your last employer... that you'll have to hand in to your new employers? Or you could just do P46 I suppose - but then wouldn't they find out anyway through the tax office?

Honesty = best policy.

When you get a new job, just wipe this last job off your CV then no other future employers will have to know. That's what I've always done.
  • Options
    Surely you'll get a P45 from your last employer... that you'll have to hand in to your new employers? Or you could just do P46 I suppose - but then wouldn't they find out anyway through the tax office?

Honesty = best policy.

When you get a new job, just wipe this last job off your CV then no other future employers will have to know. That's what I've always done.

I never gave my P45 because I did not put my last employer as a referee. I did not get sacked but I walked before I was pushed
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    I never gave my P45 because I did not put my last employer as a referee. I did not get sacked but I walked before I was pushed

I walked out of a job once... when I went for an interview I was brutally honest and explained my reasons for walking. I still got the job.

I just think from my own experience that it is always better to be honest. At least you can never trip yourself up with your own white lies!
  • Options
    A P45 part 3 that you give to the new employer doesn't have the previous employers name or address on it - just a reference number. Even then you could get round that one by filling out a P46 instead. The tax office isn't allowed to provide any information like employment history to employers under the data protection act.

An employer really hasn't got anyway of finding out what happened if you just omit the job from your CV. You could just say you went travelling or something??
  • Options
    Ok for those who lie, how do you manage it? Don't you have gaps of dates then on your cv?