Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Free Royalty Free Music For Slideshows

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Where can I download totally free copyright free music?

I've made a nice slideshow of a day out and have 355 photos I want to sync to Music - ideally 10 minutes long or so and then upload it somewhere like google video or Your Tube - I took every picture so I guess I own those - but without music it's boring!!

Ideally I'd want to use something similar to the song "Off shore" from the Cafe Del Mare album

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's hard to get hold of. Usually copyright-free music is quite pricey to buy in the first place, and quite often shit. You could always try up and coming bands, composers etc. Send them an e-mail and ask if you can use their stuff. I don't see the huge issue of having copyrighted music for something on YouTube though. I've got a feeling most of the stuff on there infringes on every copyright going anyway. Unless you're making money out of something, they're not going to bother.
    It's hard to get hold of. Usually copyright-free music is quite pricey to buy in the first place, and quite often shit. You could always try up and coming bands, composers etc. Send them an e-mail and ask if you can use their stuff. I don't see the huge issue of having copyrighted music for something on YouTube though. I've got a feeling most of the stuff on there infringes on every copyright going anyway. Unless you're making money out of something, they're not going to bother.

I want to use it on my website to show people my event from Sunday - I mainly want to offer it as just a nice thing for the poeple that came so they can show their friends what they got up to .. but without music it's not so interesting to watch

I don't want to take any chances with copyright issues

I want something instrumental

The only thing likely to be copyright free is like classical music or something .. will Shaksprere aint so popular just cos he was good, he's also popular cos he's been dead fo ages and he's got no relatives to sue hollywood studios for ripping off his work!!
    The only thing likely to be copyright free is like classical music or something .. will Shaksprere aint so popular just cos he was good, he's also popular cos he's been dead fo ages and he's got no relatives to sue hollywood studios for ripping off his work!!
    Careful with that as well. The music may be copyright free, but the performance and recording isn't. So unless you get your own orchestra together and record it yourself, it'll still be illegal.
    DG, the only times you'll come across trouble when using commerical or any copyrighted music is when:

A. Your a producer and you either sample other people's music or make a mash up that crosses over to the main stream and then you might find yourself either in court or paying the artist royalties from your sales.

B. Your uploading music on P2P networks on a large scale.

C. Some other way that your making money.

I've been sampling and making mashup's for nearly a decade and never once came in to trouble. At the worst the service you use (like Youtube) will delete your media.
    i'd consider editing the film down too. 355 is a lot of photos and i can imagine a lot being of the same thing. basically, a long slideshow is boring make it interesting. maybe trim it to under 100 or 3 minutes or something. every photo should add something new.
    drumbeat wrote:
    i'd consider editing the film down too. 355 is a lot of photos and i can imagine a lot being of the same thing. basically, a long slideshow is boring make it interesting. maybe trim it to under 100 or 3 minutes or something. every photo should add something new.

Naah it's not boring, cos I might take 3 shots of the same thing but zoom in or out between frames - and it's using the burns thingy effect so like the slideshows are titleing and zooming and stuff, hard to explain unless you've seen it before.
    My bet would be to find something you like from myspace explain what its for and then ask if they are fine with you borrowing there piece of music, saying that you will credit them etc.
    Makoto wrote:
    DG, the only times you'll come across trouble when using commerical or any copyrighted music is when:

A. Your a producer and you either sample other people's music or make a mash up that crosses over to the main stream and then you might find yourself either in court or paying the artist royalties from your sales.

B. Your uploading music on P2P networks on a large scale.

C. Some other way that your making money.

I've been sampling and making mashup's for nearly a decade and never once came in to trouble. At the worst the service you use (like Youtube) will delete your media.

Part C might be a sticking point cos onthis event I did make a bit but it has nothing to do witht he video slidshow except that it might help attract people to a future event

Music adds so much to the slideshow - even George Lucas says Music / Sound TRack is 40% of a movie which is why he's done so much work with THX, etc.

I have a versionw it no-sound but it aint so great

What about using some kind of program where you can make your own music? ejay or something?

I also seem to rememebr a website where you type inthe name of a famous artist or groupa nd it coms up with up and coming artists who ave a similar sound? Maybe they're willing to allow you to use their tracks for some free publciity.
    Try Soundclick.com or MP3.com.au - I would bother with eJay, it's nothing special.