Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

ibs and relationships

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well, where do i start....i have recently been diagnosed with ibs(irritable bowel syndrome) and in laymens terms means I have a sensitive stomach and everynow and again have to rush off to the toilet.

Through managing my diet and stress levels I am getting it slowly under control but still suffer occassionally...

.....when it comes to thinking about a girlfriend, I not sure whether a girl would be patient/considerate enough to put up with the strict diet, watching what dairy, wheat, gluten is in foods before i eat them etc...and associated stress that goes along with it...when out and about..

Most of the time I am alright and go out, keep fit, cinema etc.

But would a girl be ok with that in a boyfriend, where it may encroach on activites ,travel etc...????????

Feedback would be great!
x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    But would a girl be ok with that in a boyfriend
    :yes: i should think so. i'm sure there is more to you than the food you can / can't eat.
    i've recently switched from being vegan back to vegetarian, so although i don't suffer with what you've got, i know where you are coming from from the food angle anyway.
    ibs is your thing, not for the world to know. Now while I wouldn't recommend not telling her it's worth realising that there are millions of people out there with ibs for whom it has very little impact on their life. For other reasons I have a basically gluten free diet and some of my best mates who I lived with all of last year never realised.

Asthmatics have girlfriends, diabetics have girlfriends, and people have girlfriends. Not meaning to sound harsh but get over yourself ibs is nothing major and start living a normal life.
    I don't really understand your problem. Just remember to let her know what you can and can't eat before she deicdes to cook you dinner/take you out somewhere.
    thanks otter and sofie....

was just putting it out there, thats what these forums are for as i understand it....
    You only need to post it once in the relevant forum, most people will either go into each forum or just hit the read new posts bit.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    :yes: I'll close this one. Head over here: http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=103371
    for other thread
This discussion has been closed.