Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Repeating a year and student finance....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Heya,
I was just wondering where I stand in terms of my finances in repeating a year at university.

Am I entitled to the same amount of loan etc? And as my parents cirumstances have changed (ie. my dad is now only receiving his pensions and they are living in Asia) will that affect it in anyway?

I've tried to call my LEA and student finance etc but can't get anything much out of them.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    i'm going to be in the same situation.
    i think you have to pay your tuition fees in full but you're still entitled to a loan.
  • Options
    LOL, charming. The buggers wouldn't even pay my tuition fees before because my dad's pensions were over the thing. Despite the fact he gets charged 60% tax on both so what we had coming in was minimal in comparison to what they thought we had *grumbles*

Thanks hun
    XXX
  • Options
    How is he charged 60% on both when the maximum you can be taxed on income is 40%?
  • Options
    You should be entitled to your loan as usual. You might be able to avoid paying tuition fees again if you can use/make up a medical argument. Depression is a good one and not difficult to get a doctor's note.
  • Options
    How is he charged 60% on both when the maximum you can be taxed on income is 40%?

he aisd that his parents live in Asia...
  • Options
    she's a she! :p
  • Options
    she's a she! :p

:blush: Sorry StarCrossed