Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Underactive Thyroid and Breathlessness?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As I've mentioned before, I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid in May 2005. Since then I've had loads of blood tests and changed the amount of thyroxine I take lots of times. I've now been on one dose for about three months and I'm due to have a blood test on the 7th to see if it's okay or if it needs changing yet again.

Just lately I've been feeling very light headed and dizzy and have nearly fainted twice. Today I hoovered four rooms and was really breathless - even cleaning the fridge and walking back and forth around the kitchen tired me out and made my heart race.

Does anyone know if this is part of a underactive thyroid or, if not, what else it could be? I've got an appointment on the 16th with my doctor, but I just wondered if I could find out anything before then. I was supposed to be driving to see my bf (two and a half hour journey) tonight but I really don't feel up to driving in case I get dizzy halfway down the M1!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have never read anything about breathlessness and i have and underactive thyroid.
    I suggest you see someone sooner.