Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

my friends had a baby, question.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my friend had a wee boy last night, yay! so pleased for them. cant wait to see her. the question is.......... do i go up and see her tonight or wait til she is out and let her close family have their time first??? dilemma dilemma. dont want her to think im not bothering but i dont want to get in on close family time. what to do?
send up some flowers to the maternity and see her when she is out or go tonight?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Shes probably knackered from the birth, could you call her and ask her if she would rather you wait?
    Send flowers and wait until she has gotten home before visiting.

I was so overwhelmed with visitors after I'd had Abbie and that's was just family who came to the hospital.
    im so pleased for her. we met at collage 10 years ago and she made me change as a person in a good way. we dont see so much of one another now as we have settled down and got older but we meet up and always keep in touch even if its just a wee text and we talk on the phone. i always know she is there for me and she knows the same for me. she is such a special girl and she doesnt know it!!
    i think i will wait. im dying to see her but i think it should be close family time!
    What hospital is she in? Only asking because I had Abbie in the Princess Royal and you're only allowed 4 visitors to a bed in there so if you were to go you might not even get in.
    princess royal she is in too. i have just went and ordered her flowers there and just put in the card that i would see her when she was out and give her family time. i hope she doesnt get out today. how long are you kept in? she had the wee one last night around 7. what if the flower people go up and she is home?
    Was it a normal straightforward birth?
    It depends on her birth but the PRM is a bit of a conveyor belt, they want you out asap which is good cos it's a hellhole :p
    was a normal birth as far as i know.
    what if they flower delivery goes up and she is away? i take it they will contact me cuase i spent a bloody fortune. not that i mind spending the money on my friend i just want to be sure she gets it.
    if she gets out she might not get in touch straight away since she has far greater things on her mind like her lovely wee babba. im so happy for her. i might even shed a wee tear ha ha!
    They will phone you.